HOAGIE WARS

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
mkensinger

HOAGIE WARS

Post by mkensinger »

I have had more laughs over these posts than MACS or east end has onions!!!

I am new to this town and had heard about east end hoagies before moving here. I have tried them and they are good, but I was also served a side of attitude, which I did not order.

MACS has a good product at a good price with good service and I think it is worth waiting for. GOOD LUCK MAC'S MARKET!!!
DonkeyHoagie
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by DonkeyHoagie »

I pray you be in jest, dear Administrator, for if the hoagie name be exiled, I would then be simply Donkey and not Donkey Hoagie, de la Munchy.
So be it! Let us now talk civily amongst ourselves not about hoagie wars; rather, about hoagie love!
For sure as the sun sets in the west and the river's waters always finds the sea, there be only one thing better than a hoagie and that be two!

I am,
Donkey Hoagie
Jerry, I know myself. And if I'm on the streets, and it starts to go down, I don't back off, until it's finished.
http://www.dotpenn.com
mkensinger

Hoagie Love

Post by mkensinger »

Donkey Hoagie,

You are not fighting a hoagie war this was just a figment of your imagination.

la muncha way!!!

TOO COOL :D
Butterball

Post by Butterball »

Rumor has it that mac's raised his hoagie prices!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who gives me strenth
Capitalist Pig

reply to BeachBiker from previous thread:

Post by Capitalist Pig »

BeachBiker:

Country School Chicken
Eve's Hub pizza

You're making me hungry for things we can't ever have again! Boy, do I miss Hub pizza. If Brian can duplicate that one, he'll have 100% of my 2 pizzas per year of purchasing power. Why I might even re-allocate some of my bi-annual Austin's chili-dog money his way.

Here are some others we'll never have again:

Lion's Inn banjos
White Lightning from the soda fountain at Mike's Cut Rate
Villa's Chicken Tetrazinni
Adams School cafeteria's cinnamon buns
Long's Dairy's raisin-filleds
The Original Peanut Butter Meltaway (before Brach's messed it up)

I'm afraid Disney has OD'd on too much Oprah. There's absolutely nothing unethical about good old fashioned competition. Brian is really doing East End a favor. He's giving them an opportunity to improve the value of their product. If they do, they may enjoy another 51 years. If they don't, they may end up on the above list. God bless capitalism. And may the best hoagie win!

Your palmetto neighbor in the Upstate,
Cap Pig
submarinerswife

Post by submarinerswife »

I have to say it that I loved MAC's hoagies!!!
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Re: reply to BeachBiker from previous thread:

Post by BeachBiker »

Capitalist Pig wrote:BeachBiker:

Country School Chicken
Eve's Hub pizza

Here are some others we'll never have again:

Lion's Inn banjos
White Lightning from the soda fountain at Mike's Cut Rate
Villa's Chicken Tetrazinni
Adams School cafeteria's cinnamon buns
Long's Dairy's raisin-filleds
The Original Peanut Butter Meltaway (before Brach's messed it up)...
I believe I may have mentioned some of those "others" - plus more - in some older topics and posts... :thumb:
Mommamoo

East End

Post by Mommamoo »

The patrons of East End have been receiving a "side order of attitude" for years. Those East End people only have themselves to blame for this mess, we can go down the street to Mac's Market and receive a better product and be treated very nicely in the process. Thank you Mac's Market, we needed you. :bluebounce:
Because He Lives
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I love all these "one post wonders."
disneyqn71

hoagie war

Post by disneyqn71 »

Why would a new business raise their prices so quickly? Always seems that when there is a decline in a customer base or a decrease in product sales, that prices inflate. Is this a mere attempt to trick a consumer into thinking that the cheapened version of the East End Hoagie is now worth 26 cents more than it was a week ago? Too bad the owner didn't attempt to copy more than the product and its "name", because if he had, he would have known that the original product started selling 51 years ago at 35 cents. So what does that tell you? Looks like the novelty is wearing off despite his attempt at forced kindness and fake smiles. Looks like his thoughtful and compassionate socialization with his patrons comes with a new price tag. :P
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

IT's actually more about Economics, which East End has nailed down just fine. When demand outweighs supply, you have to curb demand somewhat. Increasing the prices does just that. The end result is a more stabalization of both supply and demand and no effect on gross sales.

East End adjusts demand by closing it's doors early, on holidays, and right before any home Tyrone game ends. Again, both places are using Economics to properly adjust.
mysteryman

Post by mysteryman »

I can still see that disney cannot keep control of herself. she already said that she was not going to participate in these discussions anymore. well i guess she could not help herself. I would gladly pay the extra 26 cents....whooped de do. what does east end care they supposedly have made over 3,000,000 dollars in sales to date. Yea Right. Anyway, for the extra 26 cents the sanwich is about 4 inches longer, has better quality of meat, and more meat. I wouldnt care if they raised the price a whole dollar. So if you want to get technical disney think about this. Macs subs have about 33 percent more bread and meat to it. Because theirs are 12 inches compared to your measily 8 inches. LOL. So if you add up the quality of meat and the length of the sub...proportionatly it would be fair for Macs to raise the price of their sub much more.....not that i want them to but i am not going to bicker about a mear 26 cents. DISNEY...ONE LAST THING. WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE WHEN YOU HAVE ALREADY STATED COUNTLESS TIMES ABOUT YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS AND THAT MACS IS NOT HURTING YOUR FAMILY'S BUSINESS ANYWAY. GO HOME AND SIT ON YOUR FAMILY'S 3,000,000 TOTAL NET WORTH OVER 50 YEARS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAID. HAHAHA.
mkensinger

Hoagies

Post by mkensinger »

I think we're going to see a lot of price increases across the board. The price of gas is going to affect us not only at the pump.
zapatista

Post by zapatista »

It's ironic that a shortage in the nation's gas supply increases the cost of an East End Hoagie when a East End Hoagie does so much to increase the nations gas supply.
Last edited by zapatista on Wed May 30, 2007 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mysteryman

Post by mysteryman »

You got that right zapitsta. it is all of the fat people driving to and fro to get their munchies at places like the food store and east end. among many other reasons.