HOAGIE WARS

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Something to say
MVP Member

Re: HOAGIE WARS

Post by Something to say »

The only way to truly compare the two...would be to have a hot from EE as well.....I think you will be surprised at how similar they are...I couldn't tell the difference.
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

Something to say wrote:The only way to truly compare the two...would be to have a hot from EE as well.....I think you will be surprised at how similar they are...I couldn't tell the difference.
I agree with Sts, @ EE, if you don't like "hot pepper seasoning".... a medium hoagie has less hot peppers.... a cold hoagie has none. They also have "oil" on them. If you don't want the usual "oil," you can ask for "little oil," or, ask for "no oil".
That's the EE Tyrone Hoagie Dialogue Package ...it should getcha' a good one. :mrgreen:
P.S. Don't forget the chocolate milk and a lil' bag of chips.
Sooooo yummy, you will want to go back for more.
Conan_the_Hoagarian

Post by Conan_the_Hoagarian »

...and on the 8th day God created the East End Hoagie.

In hoagie wars, the only victim is good taste.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

My2Cents wrote:
Something to say wrote:The only way to truly compare the two...would be to have a hot from EE as well.....I think you will be surprised at how similar they are...I couldn't tell the difference.
I agree with Sts, @ EE, if you don't like "hot pepper seasoning".... a medium hoagie has less hot peppers.... a cold hoagie has none. They also have "oil" on them. If you don't want the usual "oil," you can ask for "little oil," or, ask for "no oil".
That's the EE Tyrone Hoagie Dialogue Package ...it should getcha' a good one. :mrgreen:
P.S. Don't forget the chocolate milk and a lil' bag of chips.
Sooooo yummy, you will want to go back for more.
I definitely liked the Mac's hot, so I'll keep on the same track... and I'l get Choc milk, and chips to round it out...
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
JRR1981

Post by JRR1981 »

I have to laugh about the hoagie wars, cause I 100% agree with the person who said that East End has been serving up a side of Attitude with their hoagies. LOL.... I am so happy I can go to MAC'S Meat Market and get respect that a customer deserves. I wanted to crawl over the counter some times I went in to EAST END. :stick: EWWWWW They ticked me off. They just give you freakin dirty looks and cock an attitude. I thought that I was the only one. Well I am so glad that MAC'S cames along plus you get better service and a BIGGER HOAGIE!! So GO MAC'S!! :bluebounce: :h
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

JRR... A "Bigger Hoagie" does not necessarily mean a "Better Hoagie." East End has the Best !! Attitude... well, that's another story. Being in business all this time, in a small town, probably has something to contribute to that. I'm sure, overtime, they have been scrutinized up one side and down the other. They probably don't know who to trust. One thing for sure, if you get a smile, or even a frown... it's sincere and not phoney. Try to see their side of the hoagie.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

Tonight's Supper: Left is My East End Cold Hoagie Meal and the Right is My WIfe's East End Hot Hoagie.<br>
Image Image
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Ahhh...My2Cents....bigger does not necessarily mean better for sure. BUT bigger and same exact taste...is a win/win. Since I stumbled on to Mac's hoagies...I've not been back to East End!!
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

I will not let Bill steal my thunder... :bluebounce:

I am officially no longer a EEH virgin... I stopped by after work, and got myself a hot w/onions.

ImageImageImage

I was greeted by a woman, who seemed more than happy to see me. She DID smile, was very nice, and took my order right away. I placed my order, and within moments, my order appeared from out behind the kitchen wall.

ImageImageImage

Now, I don't work for Zagat's, and have not been paid in any way, shape, or form to endorse anyone. But I can offer up my opinion, cause... well I just can.

The sub was perfect. Now, it has been a while since I have had a Mac's sub, so I won't compare the two. What I will say, is that I will be going back to EE to work my way through the menu, cause this is one of the best d*mn hoagies I have ever had.

/fin
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

:D Hey Bill..You got the picture !! The one, the only, East Ender... with all the extra goodies !!!
Something to say... Mac's may be "the same taste".... but, it's still not an East Ender.
East Enders "fit."
Once an East Ender, always an East Ender.... I'll never surrender. :P
Conan, yours was a picture of perfection too... I savored the moment, just looking at it.
Thanks, to both, for making me hungry. :mrgreen:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Way to go Rick :thumb: . :rofl:
Im_lovin_it

Post by Im_lovin_it »

Both are unique, however, Macs does offer Turkey and Roast Beef aside from the norm cold cuts....something that EE does not....I must say the "cold" Turkey from Macs is YUMMY!! 8) and instead of the choc. milk with EE, try the cream soda:)
Im_lovin_it

Post by Im_lovin_it »

All this talk about hoagies, I splurged last night.... not going to say which one...oh wait just ask bill, he has a habbit of going through his neighbors garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (YES I SAW YOU)
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Im_lovin_it wrote:Both are unique, however, Macs does offer Turkey and Roast Beef aside from the norm cold cuts....something that EE does not....I must say the "cold" Turkey from Macs is YUMMY!! 8) and instead of the choc. milk with EE, try the cream soda:)
Oh, no doubt about it, both places have delicious Hoagies !!! However, I cannot imagine, in all my wildest dreams, a "cold turkey" coming outa' East End. 8) "Cream Soda??" Hummmm, that sounds good. It will be difficult to do, but, I'll give-up my usual, one time, and try it. Sounds like it may have a burping effect ?? :mrgreen:
Last edited by My2Cents on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Im_lovin_it wrote:All this talk about hoagies, I splurged last night.... not going to say which one...oh wait just ask bill, he has a habbit of going through his neighbors garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (YES I SAW YOU)
:wall: