Name That Tune

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Name That Tune

Post by banksy »

smboats wrote:Ok Banksey, I've had that song stuck in my head for days-just the tune-didn't know all the lyrics. Finally realized where it came from when I saw the movie the other night (really got to stop staying up late watching the movie channels). Now, thanks to you and whatever channel I was watching I have both the tune and the lyrics stuck in my head. Guess it's better then Dancing Queen which is what I usually have echoing around up there!!
Float me your email address and I'll send you the MP3 to really get it stuck in your head. Same with me, I saw it last night late and watched the whole darn thing for about the third time. It's not like it's Gladiator, but when Deadliest Catch, The First 48, or American Chopper isn't on anything at 2am works.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

smboats wrote:Ok Banksey, I've had that song stuck in my head for days-just the tune-didn't know all the lyrics. Finally realized where it came from when I saw the movie the other night (really got to stop staying up late watching the movie channels). Now, thanks to you and whatever channel I was watching I have both the tune and the lyrics stuck in my head. Guess it's better then Dancing Queen which is what I usually have echoing around up there!!
How's this...it has a video link to it...

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/h/hugh ... _love.html
watcher
MVP Member

Post by watcher »

Banksy...

Actually, I'm afraid I cheated and googled it, but I know I'm going to see the movie now. I did LOVE the lyrics...

okay, since you posted the link, I'll say it. Song title: Way Back into Love by Hugh Grant? Thanks for posting it! :wink:
hykesmill

Post by hykesmill »

come on now, dancing queen, surely you jest.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

banksy wrote: How's this...it has a video link to it...

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/h/hugh ... _love.html
Thanks Banksy... Wow, fantastic song !! What is the name of the movie that it is connected with ?? My gosh, this is the first time in a long time that I have listened to a "new" song that makes sense and not being blasted away by someone with high heel hip-boots and guitars on fire !! Love it !!! :thumb:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

My2Cents wrote:Thanks Banksy... Wow, fantastic song !! What is the name of the movie that it is connected with ?? My gosh, this is the first time in a long time that I have listened to a "new" song that makes sense and not being blasted away by someone with high heel hip-boots and guitars on fire !! Love it !!! :thumb:
Music and Lyrics is the movie
smboats

Post by smboats »

Ok Hykesmill-you are the one who knew superchick, I'm the one who gets Abba (or Queen-depending on my mood) stuck in my head-at least Hugh Grant is easy on the eyes. Everybody I work with knows all they have to do is mention the title of an Abba song and it is stuck in my head for hours. I have never bought a Abba album, I don't even much care for the group-but for some mind numbing reason I know their blasted songs.
smboats

Post by smboats »

BLAST YOU GUYS-Now I have Dancing Queen stuck in this vast empty nowhere of mine! :ahh:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

smboats wrote:BLAST YOU GUYS-Now I have Dancing Queen stuck in this vast empty nowhere of mine! :ahh:
:ahh: me too!! I can even picture... Friday night and the lights are lo__oh.... That disco ball hanging from the ceiling justa' twirling around.... shining it's lights on the Dancing Queen and all those other GREAT ABBA songs. :rofl: Good 'ole party times, Ya-Hoo!!! :lol:
I would give anything to be able to do those years all over again !!! Those WERE the days !!! :D I don't wanna' grow up !!!
watcher
MVP Member

Post by watcher »

Okay, for all those who have been wondering, or didn't remember, or maybe don't care, I am going to tell you what the name of the song I posted earlier was, since no one guessed it correctly. It was Walking in the Sun, by Travis, and if you go on YouTube, typing in Walking in the Sun, you should be able to view the video clip, which is just really fun to watch! :D

Also, the first one I mentioned, about Springtime, was found in the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie, but for the REAL biggie, was apparently taken from an old MIddle Age ballad. Just for that kind of info you probably don't need, but will now having jogging around in your brain! :lol:
80cobra

Post by 80cobra »

''Clean shirt new shoes,I don't know where I'm going to. Silk suit black tie I don't need a reason why. They come runnin just as fast as they can''
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

80cobra wrote:''Clean shirt new shoes,I don't know where I'm going to. Silk suit black tie I don't need a reason why. They come runnin just as fast as they can''
:zzz: I got it, BUT, I couldn't stand it ... I googled it ! I won't tell !! :P ZZZZZZZ
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

80cobra wrote:''Clean shirt new shoes,I don't know where I'm going to. Silk suit black tie I don't need a reason why. They come runnin just as fast as they can''

ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man" :D Great jamming song
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Sometimes I get the feelin'
I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids, when we were young
Things seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless, we were crazy - we were young
The sun was always shinin' - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just don't know
The rest of my life's been - just a show

You can't turn back the clock, you can't turn back the tide
Ain't that a shame
I'd like to go back one time on a roller coaster ride
When life was just a game
No use sitting and thinkin' on what you did
When you can lay back and enjoy it through your kids
Sometimes it seems like lately I just don't know
Better sit back and go - with the flow
watcher
MVP Member

Post by watcher »

I did NOT know this band even did this song, or any slower songs...but this was AWESOME! Thanks for the reminder of great days...although there's more to come I'm sure. Oh, by the way, thanks to whoever posted the ZZ Top song...watched the video, that is hilarious! I love those guys! :lol: