Dirt Track in Snyder Township

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
submarinerswife
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by submarinerswife »

We have a dirt track near our house. It doesn't really bother me or my family. Yes I hear the dirt bikes and such but it's not that bad. I'd rather see them there than on the roads etc....
LKS

LKS

Post by LKS »

I belong to a motorcycle club in derry township (around the hershey area)
we do motocross and trial riding (gas gas/montessa/sherrco/beta) we have a group of people who are buying lots down from the club and before they buy them they are to visit the club on event days.....they have sold 3 lots so far with no complaints about the noise........the noise doesn't bother some people as much as others.......i myself would sooner hear a dirt bike and see kids having fun than hearing harleys and loud bikes and people acting like *ss-----
Beck

Post by Beck »

I think that with motorcross gaining more and more popularity its a great idea to have something like this in the area. Good clean fun, while learning something can only be a plus. The track isn't run everyday so just schedule your family outtings around track use time if its loud or dusty. I would like to know if the track plans any events or if your able to go out and watch people ride the track?
sissy31696

Post by sissy31696 »

you can view his website at http://www.area251mx.com, and I believe that their is a link there where you can contact him by email, or even call him.

It is hard enough to try and schedule family outings around everyones work schedules, let alone a dirt bike track's schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beck

Post by Beck »

I absolutely understand scheduling problems. I've found that when things like this happen its easier and less stressful to find the happy medium. I spoke out for years in support of a methadone clinic in the area. Sometimes its just way easier to go with the flow...
I do hope that everyone can find that middle ground and that the public supports new ways for recreation in this area. We all know that the young people of this area need more involved things to do. and I don't want to hear about "back when I was a kid", times have changed so have kids and adults... its not like it was in the 70's and 80's... We all need to get involved and find that thing that interest us and our children, and in my case grandchildren and support it.
submarinerswife

Post by submarinerswife »

I have to agree LKS! Look at what happened in Maytown with a young boy on a motorcycle being wild. Very sad!!!
sandstone
MVP Member

good clean family fun with oil and gas, no excercise

Post by sandstone »

Let's start all our kids riding motorbikes and ATVs at an early age so that they'll learn how to burn gasoline and oil for the sake of "good, clean family fun" while supporting Islamic oil states and discouraging excercise so that the epidemic levels of childhood obesity will lead to diabetes and heart disease. I'm all for it!
Bubbanardo_Da_Vinci

Post by Bubbanardo_Da_Vinci »

banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Bubbanardo_Da_Vinci wrote://fatboy.mcnally.dk/fatboy.jpg
What does this have to do with Dirt Tracks?
tyroid

Post by tyroid »

banksy wrote: What does this have to do with Dirt Tracks?
...if you'd taken the time to read the previous post by sandstone you'd know. :roll:
caddis

Post by caddis »

Sandstone you are an idiot, motocross is a very hard athletic sport. My son is in as good or better shape than any athlete in Tyrone. As for using gas don't you drive a car? I bet you make more useless trips in a day and burn more gas than a motocross bike does in a month.Do me a favor don't post anymore unless you have something smart and useful to say, because you are a true IDIOT.
sissy31696

Post by sissy31696 »

oh ok so you have to be in shape to sit on a motorized bike or atv?

like that is something smart and useful to say................... haha

I think i get more of a workout on my bicycle, because i am doing the work, and not a motor!!!!
caddis

Post by caddis »

Who said anything about being in shape to be on a bike. I think if you can read I said that it takes alot to ride a motocross bike and race it is very demanding on your body.Unless you have done it you don't have a clue. I know alot of kids that are bigger than normal and are very good riders.
sissy31696

Post by sissy31696 »

actually you said :

My son is in as good or better shape than any athlete in Tyrone.

and yes i can read!!!!
Blain

Post by Blain »

Motocross is physically demanding, and in fact many people with actual knowledge of sports conditioning will tell you that they are the best conditioned athletes out of any sport.