Dirt Track in Snyder Township

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
sandstone
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

atv and motorbike conditioning

Post by sandstone »

Blain wrote:Motocross is physically demanding, and in fact many people with actual knowledge of sports conditioning will tell you that they are the best conditioned athletes out of any sport.
You are 100% correct. 8 out of 10 doctors surveyed agree that people should trade in their bicycles and running shoes for motorbikes and ATVs. I'm all for it.
Blain

Post by Blain »

Easy there, sporto. Sarcasm doesn't become you.

I'll spell it out for you because you don't seem to get it. You don't get in shape by riding at that level, but you have to be in shape to ride at that level. You get into that kind of shape by a good diet, strength training, and cardio exercise.
sandstone
MVP Member

smart and useful things to say

Post by sandstone »

caddis wrote:Sandstone you are an idiot, motocross is a very hard athletic sport. My son is in as good or better shape than any athlete in Tyrone. As for using gas don't you drive a car? I bet you make more useless trips in a day and burn more gas than a motocross bike does in a month.Do me a favor don't post anymore unless you have something smart and useful to say, because you are a true IDIOT.
Thanks for the smart and useful information in your post!

I use my car to go to work, not to drive around in circles for hours on end.
Spending thousands of dollars for a machine to ride on "for fun" while burning up gas and oil is a poor use of both financial and natural resources.
caddis

Post by caddis »

We'll I am sorry that you feel that riding motocross and atv's is such a waste of energy, so I tell you what I will do. I will suggest to all the kids and young adults and older adults that they should put away or sell there motorized toys and go downtown and hang out for fun,maybe they can get involved in other things,better yet I also will tell all the parents who are taking there kids to baseball practice and football practice and soccer and cheerleading and other sports activites that use gas to get to these events that they should also send there children to town to hang out and save fuel and the enviorment. You know the sad part is that people burn more fuel mowing there grass than most kids or adults use in a week riding. Do you suggest that we all quit cutting our gas? I don't understand.
Blain

Re: smart and useful things to say

Post by Blain »

sandstone wrote:
Thanks for the smart and useful information in your post!

I use my car to go to work, not to drive around in circles for hours on end.
Spending thousands of dollars for a machine to ride on "for fun" while burning up gas and oil is a poor use of both financial and natural resources.
Make sure you walk to your next vacation destination.
sandstone
MVP Member

cheerleading, soccer, football, baseball and apple pie

Post by sandstone »

caddis wrote:We'll I am sorry that you feel that riding motocross and atv's is such a waste of energy, so I tell you what I will do. I will suggest to all the kids and young adults and older adults that they should put away or sell there motorized toys and go downtown and hang out for fun,maybe they can get involved in other things,better yet I also will tell all the parents who are taking there kids to baseball practice and football practice and soccer and cheerleading and other sports activites that use gas to get to these events that they should also send there children to town to hang out and save fuel and the enviorment. You know the sad part is that people burn more fuel mowing there grass than most kids or adults use in a week riding. Do you suggest that we all quit cutting our gas? I don't understand.
Baseball, football, soccer, and cheerleading are not motorized activities. There's a difference between needs and desires. Although someone may desire a motorbike, he or she certainly doesn't need to ride around on a motorized vehicle "for fun." In America, a car is needed for people to go to work and other activities because of the long distances involved or because of unfavorable topography.

Yes, needless grass cutting is a waste of time, money, and fuel. Why send money to Islamic oil states for unnecessary activities? No one needs to mow acres around their house just so it can look "pretty." Conservation can make a HUGE contribution to American energy independence.

You suggest that "going downtown to hang out" is the only alternative to riding motobikes or ATVs. How about fishing, hunting, camping, hiking and some of the other physical sports you mentioned above? Are these not activities worthy of promotion?
smboats

Post by smboats »

Rick, Feel free to jump in at any time. Soon they will be working the word hoagie into these posts!
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and it's quickly approaching my limits. Keep it civil, and if you can't, please just stay out of the thread. I really don't like to play bouncer, but use the forum for constructive conversation, not a UFC match.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
caddis

Post by caddis »

I think that hunting and fishing and other activities are great but if a child choses to ride don't beat him or her down. Myself like many other people work everyday and have for a very long time and if we chose to spend our money buying our kids ( who also have to work for it) dirtbikes and atvs thats our business. I really think Sandstone that the bottom line is that you have your opinion and thats great and I have mine and thats what makes America great right?
smboats

Post by smboats »

Rick, Are you a ufc fan? Have you ever seen Eddie Alvarez out of Philly fight? I believe he fights for Bodog. Anyhow, he's my step grandson and we are very proud of his success. It's a violent sport, but like the motorcross thing, it's a way for disadvantaged youth to stay off the streets and do something with their lives. Kids riding motorcross or training for fights tend to stay away from drugs, booze and other destructive things. Man, I sound like I'm preaching and I hate that!
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

No, not immensely, I see and clean up enough blood around the house on daily basis with my 5 and 6 year old boys, LOL.

I am, however, glad to hear that your step-grandson, Eddie is doing as well as he is.
:thumb:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
MediumGreek

Post by MediumGreek »

Don't be a hater.
LKS

dirt track

Post by LKS »

maybe this owner of the now famed dirt track should consider some things
maybe he should start charging a one time fee and in that fee he should consider AMA insurance for the prospective riders....he should consider
limiting his property to those who want to ride motocross.....and he should up the fees that the AMA requires.....insurance as one of those fees
like i said before, i see no problem in kids having fun, be it either sports, or motocross........what i cant see is kids destroying property and doing drugs........sure there are activities in the school curriculum, but lets face it
if you don't have a name that sits well in tyrone you are nothing
come on give the kids a break and let them enjoy themselves
tyroid

Post by tyroid »

I think there's a solution in the works.

I heard that Gamesa has offered to install several of their windmills at the dirt track site.

Their engineers said that they could orient the windmills so that they blow all the dust away from nearby homes.

The installation of the windmills should also solve the noise problem - since the white noise produced by the wind turbines will drown out the noise produced by the ATVs.

Win, win. :D