Strange pet tales

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
jilt64

Strange pet tales

Post by jilt64 »

What is the strangest thing your pet has ever done? For starters, I'll go.

My dog has flooded my house, and today jumped off the porch after getting out the window. My chinchilla ended up in the furnace, but escaped unscathed....long stories. Believe me! Anyone else got a great tale to share?
Meaux
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by Meaux »

I have three dogs but within the realm of "strange" the stories only involve my dog Lucy...half a Boston terrier, but all terrier in temperment and ethos...and usually the word "ate" as in, "Oh my God Lucy ate..."

...a pair of eyeglasses
...a bag of uncooked noodles
...six huge bagels
...part of a tenderloin roast (that she silently purloined off the kitchen counter)
...(warning, the following contains violence not suitable for all audience members) a whole baby rabbit, the size of a can of Coke, that she caught in the paddock, and I mean whole--fur, bones, toes, all.
...and so on.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Meaux wrote:I have three dogs but within the realm of "strange" the stories only involve my dog Lucy...half a Boston terrier, but all terrier in temperment and ethos...and usually the word "ate" as in, "Oh my God Lucy ate..."

...a pair of eyeglasses
...a bag of uncooked noodles
...six huge bagels
...part of a tenderloin roast (that she silently purloined off the kitchen counter)
...(warning, the following contains violence not suitable for all audience members) a whole baby rabbit, the size of a can of Coke, that she caught in the paddock, and I mean whole--fur, bones, toes, all.
...and so on.
:rofl: .... poor Lucy.... she must have an iron stomach !! Did she burp ?? :D
My2Cents
MVP Member

Re: Strange pet tales

Post by My2Cents »

jilt64 wrote:What is the strangest thing your pet has ever done? For starters, I'll go.

My dog has flooded my house.......
:D with water or wee wee ??
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Meaux wrote:...six huge bagels...
Either that's not so bad...

... or you misspelled "beagles". :roll: :wink:
jilt64

Post by jilt64 »

.....It was water, and I am beginning to wonder if my dog needs a pet psychologist, although I don't know. He is getting older, and he seems to be more concerned about things than he used to be, especially people leaving, and loud noises. Actually, that's how he flooded the house....you see he's terrified of fireworks or cannons, or actually thunderstorms, loud noises, etc. Around July, everyone puts off fireworks for three - four weeks before the fourth. This is difficult, and well...to make a long story short, he got in the bathroom, turned on the sink, couldn't get out, and the rest is history! I'm still not sure I can explain him jumping off the roof, though....my neighbor, who is the best neighbor in the world, rescued him, and I was only away a few hours....either I should cage him, or never leave....hmmmm..... :roll:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I once saw Rick Adams dog hump a pillow until it smiled. Sickest thing I ever saw!
Meaux

Post by Meaux »

Wow! I never thought of BEAGLES! But I guess after the bunny debacle that might SEEM feasible. It was bagels...from New York not the Lender's bagels from the freezer case at the grocery store so it was quite a bit of dough for one sitting.

She does have an iron gut...she has gotten chicken bones over the years (out of the trash) with no repercussions. She does not burp but with advancing age she has developed quite the symphony of "other end" woodwind notes!!!!
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Meaux wrote: woodwind notes!!!!
:lol: My dog does that.. occasionally, in a tight spot, I've had to say... "It wasn't me.." :shock: :oops:
PUP

Post by PUP »

We have six black lab's,Lexy,kaysee,Sissy,Tobi,Skyler and Button's the baby.Tobi and Lexy are the mom and dad.They have done their dog school with flying color's and Skyler mostly goes to the nursing home's to cheer people up. :bluebounce:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

PUP wrote: Skyler mostly goes to the nursing home's to cheer people up. :bluebounce:
Awwwww, that is so sweet !!! :thumb:
PUP

Post by PUP »

Thank You,My2Cents, :D I love doing that.Both my parent's died and I wanted to find something to remember them by so we donated visit's with the Labs I have. They have to pass certain test's like dropping sound's around them and if they don't act up and pay no attention to it,then they pass.The look on the people's face with Skyler is priceless.God Bless them in Nursing Homes. :D