State Budget Woes...Multiple Member Identities, et. al.

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

You shoulda voted for Swann! He has great hands, like All-State.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

tyroid wrote:
banksy wrote:I agree with Rick. Mostly out of habit. It's hard for me not to try and score brownie points.
It all started in grade school. I became addicted to those gold stars. You know, the ones you'd
get when you listened to teacher? Anyway, it's sort've snowballed over time and now I can't get enough of it.
Some people just can't appreciate the rush you get when someone in authority validates you.
It's exhilarating. God, just talking about it is making me flush. ...I need to go take a cold shower.

..hmmm. Ever consider a 12 step program?

I am being misquoted. I never said that. Please remove this post and the Tyoid post as well.
smalltownboy

Post by smalltownboy »

banksy wrote:
tyroid wrote:
banksy wrote:I agree with Rick. Mostly out of habit. It's hard for me not to try and score brownie points.
It all started in grade school. I became addicted to those gold stars. You know, the ones you'd
get when you listened to teacher? Anyway, it's sort've snowballed over time and now I can't get enough of it.
Some people just can't appreciate the rush you get when someone in authority validates you.
It's exhilarating. God, just talking about it is making me flush. ...I need to go take a cold shower.

I am being misquoted. I never said that. Please remove this post and the Tyoid post as well.
It's okay banksy. No need to be ashamed. We all have our vices.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

banksy wrote:
tyroid wrote:

New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

Not that I need to explain, because the rules have ALWAYS stated...
Rick wrote:Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
...but I have directly requested several of our multiple-personality posters to decide on a single account for their use. It has always been policy, but I have been lax in enforcing the policy. I have been aware for a long time that multiple posters post from the same IP/subnet.

I am asking politely at this time, that if you are a poster with multiple accounts, that you PM with your account name of preference, and list of accounts that I may deactivate. Consider this short-term amnesty, I am not a gun-slinger in the forum wars; I, along with many other users, would prefer to "converse" with one representative of the multiple personality users.

Thanks, Rick
Thank you
WestEndHoagies

Post by WestEndHoagies »

Just to clarify...Is it acceptable to have multiple personalities outside of the forums? :eek:
"It has become appallingly clear that our hoagies have surpassed our humanity." ~ Albert Einstein
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

WestEndHoagies wrote:Just to clarify...Is it acceptable to have multiple personalities outside of the forums? :eek:
Thank you
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Rick wrote:...but I have directly requested several of our multiple-personality posters to decide on a single account for their use. It has always been policy, but I have been lax in enforcing the policy. I have been aware for a long time that multiple posters post from the same IP/subnet.

I am asking politely at this time, that if you are a poster with multiple accounts, that you PM with your account name of preference, and list of accounts that I may deactivate. Consider this short-term amnesty, I am not a gun-slinger in the forum wars; I, along with many other users, would prefer to "converse" with one representative of the multiple personality users.

Thanks, Rick
Hopefully, any husband-wife situations (several that I'm aware of here) and other cases where there are multiple family members in the same household (properly identified as such to Rick) are not effected by this.

I'd hereby suggest that anyone here in that situation contact Rick in order to make sure they comply with the rules, while still allowing multiple PERSONS using the same computer/IP address to continue proper membership.

Your thoughts, Rick?
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

Understood.

I was already aware of a few.

I am trying to let members know in advance by pm, that way I am not mistaken.

Several of the users here also use ISPs that use a proxy server for all connections, so I have to watch out for those users.

I am disabling the accounts, instead of deletion. That way I can undo the action if necessary.

:)
SMOKEJUMPER

state budget woes

Post by SMOKEJUMPER »

I agree. I my self have two log on names. the other is my wifes. to let her use my log on would be making a drastic misjustic on my part . for those of you that have wifes you knonw that you can never change there minds once they are set. and I DO NOT ALWAYS SHARE HERS. and for those that are wondering her is scoutmom. 8)
SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY LIFE ,ITS TO SHORT AS IT IS.
Rick
Administrator

Re: state budget woes

Post by Rick »

SMOKEJUMPER wrote:for those of you that have wifes you knonw that you can never change there minds once they are set.

:nuts:

I have no idea WHAT you are talking about :rofl:

:thumb:
Thank you
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

SMOKEJUMPER wrote:for those of you that have wifes you knonw that you can never change there minds once they are set.
Just tell her if she keeps disagreeing with you that you are going to withhold intimacy from her! *lol*
WestEndHoagies

Post by WestEndHoagies »

banksy wrote:Just tell her if she keeps disagreeing with you that you are going to withhold intimacy from her! *lol*
Banksy, I was hoping that we could keep the discussions directed towards the State Parks and the laws/jurisdictions governing them. You certainly know how to direct conversations off the beaten path...

...In case you were trying to impress us, I'll reward you:

"It has become appallingly clear that our hoagies have surpassed our humanity." ~ Albert Einstein
zapatista

Post by zapatista »

WestEndHoagies wrote: Banksy, I was hoping that we could keep the discussions directed towards the State Parks and the laws/jurisdictions governing them. You certainly know how to direct conversations off the beaten path...
I agree. This nonsense has nothing at all to do with the topic at hand.

....unless, Banksy is using metaphor as a technique to further his argument.

In this instance I can see that the husband witholding sex could be Governor Rendell,
and the State Legislature could be the stubborn wife.

However, in government as in marriage, this tactic is doomed to failure - and as we found out last week, we were
the only ones who ended up getting screwed.

So, if that was Banksy's intent, then I too must award him a gold star.

If this was not his intent then I think we can conclude that he is blatantly flaunting the rules. In which case I'm compelled to request that his post be removed.
Let them cruise

Post by Let them cruise »

A switch has slapped the tender hindquarters! Can anyone say owned?