NEWS STORY ABOUT BEING CAUGHT ON LINE

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
dolphinocn
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by dolphinocn »

I do agree with alot of what your saying, as far as being trained and knowing what is the right steps to take. BUT.....How often in this area did you hear or even think about child preditor's before this all went down? More than likely not alot. Atleast I can't recall of any. Also it is not like Bill went to the crime scene and took him down himself. he sat in front of a pc screen and chatted with a pervert. took the info to the local police and left the trained professinals take it from there. again i do agree with some that your saying but i still believe it is good to know someone is watching out for ALL of the young teens. so MY opinion only......I don't begrunge him from doing what he is doing.
PUP

Post by PUP »

Well then,Would you be refering to the Altoona Police Department when you say...Took it to the local police station?????? :roll:
dolphinocn

Post by dolphinocn »

my focus is not on what police dept he went too. the focus that has my attention is the safety of the kids.....
PUP

Post by PUP »

Well,you should be as a concern citizen,that's a law that was put into protection for us.That's probably why he didn't lose his computer for the hard drive.
I don't begrunge him from doing what he is doing.That's what you stated.Well,here's my thanks,Thank-You.

My point,don't hold office and do it.You have a roll when you become a councilman,a mayor,and an officer.You play by the rules,you don't abuse them.You do that to which just happen and you send the loudest message out to the people you hold office for,the people you work for,the people you support your vote with.Well,I'm a little bigger than the advage joe now,let's see,humm,I think I'll take the law into my own hand's and talk to a moron on the internet.we'll see if we can't get him to say something un moral and I will become a hero.What a message to send to other's.
Do not take the law into your own hand's.I for one do not support the action that took place.
dolphinocn

Post by dolphinocn »

I guess were going to have to agree on disagreeing!! Our opinions are diffrent!!!
Blain

Post by Blain »

PUP wrote:I just think its very strange.It did not just fall off into the new's,someone drop it off there.That moral right there was against any crime that this guy did.
Some can say set up but I say its an off duty job to make somebody eles look good and if that's what happen,thats pretty messed up.
My quiestion that I wanted answered by the catcher off the crook is,in a recent post there was a little girl who gave the name and address of the guy that wouldn't let her out of a station wagon,why was this not acted upon with the same action's being taken?
Why wasn't this taken to the new's such as this crime of on line internet crime and this little girl lives within the town of Tyrone legally.
I just wonder why someone has there own police department because I know they do not cater to this kind of thing,it would of been Altoona to handle it.That's where it happen at.
Good Job,humm,I don't know,was it? :wink:
If anyone's interested,I know where I can get a superman outfit haft price,I don't wear it anymore :lol:
My response to you is: Huh?

I don't know what you're trying to say, but to me the moral of the story is, don't be trying to pick up under-age girls, online or anyplace else. Be a responsible, law-abiding pervert and wait until they're 18 or 19.

As for the news story, as I said before, most police agencies fax reports to local media. The media outlet can then decide which stories they want to follow up on. I don't know that it happened like that in this particular case, but that's usually how it works.

This is at least the second time that Bill has done something like this. Bill may be a councilperson, but he is also a private citizen, and what he chooses to do on his own time is his business.

What would have been funny is if Bill would have been the guy who took down Snuffy.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

PUP wrote:If your not law enforcement you have no business in trying to parade glammer by doing this. If my house was on fire,I wouldn't want the untrain person there.
Remarkable. Check http://www.perverted-justice.com. I'm floored anyone would not defend what Bill has done here. Kudos to him for working WITH law enforcement. This is nothing compared to your analogy of your house on fire, of which if mine were on fire and my neighbor used his garden house to assist when NO FIREMEN were there I would support. Tyrone Police most likely do not have the time to run the man hours the sting operation would take to document and sexual predator. I doubt Bill is seeking glory, as he has even refrained from posting on this as a member of our board. Publicizing this is important. It may help deter some other predator from going to meet a14-year old.

PUP, you have the complete wrong focus on this here.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

PUP wrote:Well,you should be as a concern citizen,that's a law that was put into protection for us.That's probably why he didn't lose his computer for the hard drive.
I don't begrunge him from doing what he is doing.That's what you stated.Well,here's my thanks,Thank-You.

My point,don't hold office and do it.You have a roll when you become a councilman,a mayor,and an officer.You play by the rules,you don't abuse them.You do that to which just happen and you send the loudest message out to the people you hold office for,the people you work for,the people you support your vote with.Well,I'm a little bigger than the advage joe now,let's see,humm,I think I'll take the law into my own hand's and talk to a moron on the internet.we'll see if we can't get him to say something un moral and I will become a hero.What a message to send to other's.
Do not take the law into your own hand's.I for one do not support the action that took place.
I'd like to understand you more, but it's almost impossible. This isn't about just saying something immoral. Here we have a predator who admits he thought he was meeting a 14-year old at a Wendy's. He didn't just talk via the internet, he acted.

Your post seems to point that you are more concerned that Bill did while he was an elected official (in his spare time) than if he were to have done this while not serving on the council. Even if that is your argument, it almost has no bearing on it, but you almost have to go that direction to defend what you think is right and wrong here.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but rest assured you are in a a small minority on this.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

I have to agree with Banksy and others.

I've heard many law enforcement officers, as well as people in political office, encourage citizens to be involved in helping them stop crime.

Here's a guy who has done just that, and offered the information he gleamed from his personal investigation to law enforcement so they could make the arrest.

I don't see Bill being some wild west guy. He didn't make a citizen's arrest. He made an assist on law enforcement's arrest. He did all the right things in assisting law enforcement put a bad guy in the spotlight and in jail for what will hopefully be a long time.

And for that and as a father of 2 young kids, I say Congradulations and Thanks to Mr. Latchford. :thumb:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

PUP wrote:I for one do not support the action that took place.
You're unreal. /ignore
PUP

Post by PUP »

Well if you knew the law,then you knew the facts,you'd better understand why this was a parade. :roll:
PUP

Post by PUP »

Banksy,Do me a favor when there is a topic,will you.
I said,good job to him,he did it,its over.

Now talk about the subject,are you for it or against it.
I say no.

Don't be so rude that other's can't debate what they want to say.

We said,Hail to the King how many times. :thumb:

The subject is now,Do you agree with it or not.And why.

I don't.
I agree with letting the trained Police talk to these guy's on the internet.

Get with the program and stop fighting with everyone you disagree with.
Theres some thing's that don't add up from this broadcast and I'd like to hear what other's have to say.

Why even post when your around.Its useless.
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

Here is a Question to PUP: Lets just say the fourteen year old girl was you daughter he was going after. Would it make a difference whether a private citizen assisted in stopping him or not?
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

PUP,

OK. Let's say I'm unfamiliar with the law and the facts.

I'd like you to explain both to me/us so I/we could better understand your point of view. And please cite the specific statutes for it.

Thanks.
PUP

Post by PUP »

If your not trained in law enforcement in the matter,I wouldn't want you helping my girl and put her into more danger than she's already in.