NEWS STORY ABOUT BEING CAUGHT ON LINE

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
PUP

Post by PUP »

Yes Beck,lol... :thumb:
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

Yes Beck... but, don't leave Bill out... he's on a roll and doing good. :thumb: Whew, we sure managed to turn this inside out and upside down...I don't wanna' do this subject anymore. :eek:
PUP

Post by PUP »

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa. :guns: :thumb:
Meaux

Post by Meaux »

Pup...why soooo hostile?
PUP

Post by PUP »

You know,I worked alot of job's being a guard in State College mostly and I alway's worked 11/7 at night.Be a women and work a picket line,a resturant where the drunk's go and stand there and get spit on.I had my jacket many time's being spit on as I stood there and defended what I was doing,my job.
I have trained many guard's to not play robo cop,to keep there mind straight and do their job.If you ever what the fear of God in you,stand out in a ten acre field being the only person around for 8 hour's and pray no one find's out your a girl in the middle of the wood's.
Many time's I have tucked my hair under my ball cap to keep me safe at night.When it come's to these cop's,these police,I'm so sorry if I go out of my way to honor them.They are the one's that I know,had my back.If it comes off to strong,I'm sorry,but you will never find me downing our police.I'm proud of them and I will take their side everytime.They train hard. :thumb:
First of all,I have read Rick's rules of not attacking people.
I like Banksy and I like Bill.
I went against the subject matter at hand.
I like the board member's,at least they answer.
If I did get Rick upset,he would of jumped in. :stick:
I ask the same quiestion's that other people were asking other's on the street.If that offended you,then I'm sorry.I don't know what eles to tell you.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

PuP: Just so it is known...I am a huge Police Advocate as well as Huge Child Advocate. I totally agree with you in regards to respect for Police. Are there instances where there are bad seeds...of course...but that is found in every job I believe. But we as citizens have to rely on our Police Officers to protect us against those who would hurt us.
As said before, what I did was not to skirt around Law Enforcement, but was to raise awareness of this particular Internet Crime Against Children, and when I had enough evidence I turned it over to Law Enfocement. They did a great job both times. I will never say anything bad about our officers. Even in our small town they put their lives on the line daily for us. Big Kudos to The Tyrone PD. :D
Mags

Post by Mags »

Bill Latchford wrote:[]...Just so it is known...I am a huge Police Advocate as well as Huge Child Advocate. I totally agree with you in regards to respect for Police. [...] But we as citizens have to rely on our Police Officers to protect us against those who would hurt us.
Hey Bill, I'm curious as to how you find time to *competently* address town concerns at the same time you're moonlighting as a vigilante? Shouldn't you be more worried about events happening in the *real* world of Tyrone instead of masquerading as 14 y/o girls on social networking sites?

Seems to me that you should leave law enforcement endeavors to the professionals and focus on your current civic duties, instead. After all, it's what you were voted into office to do. Not worry about Internet predators. I wouldn't want to see anyone level charges of mis, mal or nonfeasance against you as a result of your law enforcement wannabe adventures.
PUP

Post by PUP »

JUST A NOTE FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT ENVOLVED IN LAW ENFORCEMENT

Vigilante Web Site Perverted-Justice.com is harming legitimate law enforcement efforts to stop online predators.

Web Site Perverted-Justice.com is not an accredited organization. It is not a registered entity; not for profit nor charitable organization.

The Web Site Perverted-Justice.com web site, its motivations or methods, is not endorsed nor supported by any child protection/advocacy organization.

The PJ web site, its motivations or methods, is not endorsed nor supported by any legal department, branch, state or federal law enforcement agency.

PJ is not endorsed or supported by any institute of higher learning, including any member accredited teachers or professors.

PJ agents do not have training/certification of any kind."
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

PUP wrote:JUST A NOTE FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT ENVOLVED IN LAW ENFORCEMENT

Vigilante Web Site Perverted-Justice.com is harming legitimate law enforcement efforts to stop online predators.

Web Site Perverted-Justice.com is not an accredited organization. It is not a registered entity; not for profit nor charitable organization.

The Web Site Perverted-Justice.com web site, its motivations or methods, is not endorsed nor supported by any child protection/advocacy organization.

The PJ web site, its motivations or methods, is not endorsed nor supported by any legal department, branch, state or federal law enforcement agency.

PJ is not endorsed or supported by any institute of higher learning, including any member accredited teachers or professors.

PJ agents do not have training/certification of any kind."
You are full of crap. PJ has trained law enforcement agencies through the state of Florida. Law enforcements contacts PJ for assistance.
PUP

Post by PUP »

I just don't know what to tell you Banksy...These law enforcement people just a keep on trying to tell me a bunch of junk.

I should of knew that you were smarter than them.God Bless you for so much knowlege.

I'll let my old boss know he can take his badge off and give it to you.
Your in law enforcement now,right.Boy your a busy boy.
PUP

Post by PUP »

Just a word of caution...Do Not bring Bill into this.

This is what you think the law is and I'm here to tell you that I got 7,not 6,not 5,.......777777777777777 year's into it with alot of back up for quiestion's and answer's of anything I want to know.

What I stated was the truth and you sending the message out there that ist is okay is wrong.

I must of missed you when we all lined up at the riot in State College,oh how rude of me,sorry :roll:
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Take it outside...
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
PUP

Post by PUP »

Not a problem Rick, :thumb: Thank You.
akindergartenmom

Post by akindergartenmom »

I have to tell you pup, nothing personal, but I have worked as a paralegal for 5 years, and I don't recall any law that states that law enforcement cannot be trained once they are on the force to do something new! Which is where PJ steps in. Over the past couple of years, computer predators have become a huge problem. I personally don't allow my children on the internet unless I am in the room with them, and then it is only for homework purposes. No chat rooms here b/c they are nothing but trouble. However, not all kids have good parents that look out for them, and the police forces are undermanned. They cannot just sit in front of a computer all day and look for predators. That is why they do the JOINT stings with PJ. I applaud all of those in law enforcement, as I too, have family members and very close friends who are in law enforcement. As far as I know, none of them have a problem with getting help by trained individuals. PJ does not do this on their own, they work with law enforcement. I did not want to chime in on this subject, b/c of my family and myself working in legal fields, it is hard to be objective, I just don't have a problem with anyone helping to protect children from perverts, b/c kids are innocent. I have no problem with your views, b/c they are your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to that in this great country of ours, I respect that, so I am hoping you can respect my point of view on this as well. Here's to further intelligent discussion and debates! :)
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

My My My....Just when i thought the subject had cooled off...But Mags, I must say...I have not had my competency and dedication to our community questioned yet...So here is a point for you. But being vigilant and proactive in the name of children I don't believe is a bad thing for our community. Raising awareness so maybe parents might just want to pay attention a bit more to what their children are doing on-line is not a bad thing...At least not in my book. As long as things are done correctly and within the boundaries of the law does not make me a vigilante. I believe it makes me a good citizen. Can I go out and track down drug dealers and such...Not as well I am sure. I have been in the computer business for approximately 20 years and have been around the block when it comes to the net. Do I know everything, I most certainly do not, but anyone who claims to is just not being truthful.
And to comment on what you said PuP about PeeJ...I really can't argue much...all I do know is that there have been quite a few Law Enforcement agencies around the country who have partnered with them to do these sort of sting operations...even without television involvement. But as to their training and such I have no clue....They just seem to know what they are doing when it comes to this subject...Do I totally agree with their full methodology?...Not entirely, but they do get the job done....Like I have always said I will never disrespect our police...They are there to protect us...but when they can't be there we have to be able to help each other out as citizens.