NEWS STORY ABOUT BEING CAUGHT ON LINE

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
PUP

Post by PUP »

Bill...
You said...>>>(((((But as to their training and such I have no clue....)))))

EXACTLY........You would know being in it for so so long.
Must be because they don't give any like I said. :roll:

2+2 doesn't equal 9 now does it...........That's the point........You said it yourself,you have no training from them or did you want to retract that statement.

That's all I needed to hear. :roll:
That answer's alot.
Good Luck in all you do. :guns:
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

:nuts:

DEE DEE DEE!!

:roll:

Bill, be that vigilante, a radical, a nonconformist if that's what some people are attempting to refer to you as, in my opinion. I've already been on the receiving end of those terms at one time or another. It only made me more set on doing what I wanted to do.

We need more people like that in the USA. I don't subscribe to the "just sit back and don't get involved" theory.

Just stay involved regardless of the critizism a vocal minority of people might have. Until those organizations you work with and/or provide information to tell you to stop... Keep Rolling!
kenziesmom

Post by kenziesmom »

MAGS, I'm wondering why you are so heated on what Bill does in his spare time? I know for a fact that he attends the Council meetings and cares about the town that we call home (Tyrone). Do you attend any Council meetings? Do you try to help the kids in town with the Park Avenue project, Joshua House, skate rink at Reservoir Park, etc? If you do, are you saying that is all that you should be doing...not having a job (full-time or part-time), spending time with family, surfing the web, etc? Are you saying that if someone steps up to the plate to serve the public as a councilmember that they should not have a life and are not permitted to do activities outside of the meetings twice a month?

The comment you made about him worrying about "events happening in the *real* world of Tyrone instead of masquerading as 14 y/o girls on social networking sites" is funny. What you seem to misunderstand is that these predators are stepping away from the computer to actually meet underage girls and boys in the *real* world.

Bill does not do anything other than put a profile out there and the perverts come to him in droves. He does not lure them in (entrapment), and he does not try to catch these predators on his own. Law enforcement is totally involved from the time the person sets up a meeting. The cops have to protect the town, and cannot spend an entire week of just trying to catch online predators. Remember, in the *real* world there are criminals that they have to catch. They are very appreciative to have someone with a knowledge of the subject matter....they do not condone it like you and PUP. Remember, these are also the police that Bill is involved with through being on Council. He listens to their concerns and is in support of more officers being hired, etc.

Bill is not trying to be a wannabe cop. He does not try to arrest these people. This is not an adventure. He is trying to bring public awareness of this issue to parents who really could give a darn about what their children are doing as long as they're out of their parents hair!!! The majority of people appreciate what he's doing, it's the minority like you and Pup that DO NOT! That's such a shame!!!
"A daughter is the most precious gift I've ever received." ~Author Unknown
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

PUP wrote:Bill...
You said...>>>(((((But as to their training and such I have no clue....)))))

EXACTLY........You would know being in it for so so long.
Must be because they don't give any like I said. :roll:

2+2 doesn't equal 9 now does it...........That's the point........You said it yourself,you have no training from them or did you want to retract that statement.

That's all I needed to hear. :roll:
That answer's alot.
Good Luck in all you do. :guns:
PuP - You should not always take things out of context....Not once have I said that I received training from PeeJ....Nor did I ever say I had any formal training as a Law Enforcement officer... I have stated...If someone knows how to do this and can collect the evidence in the proper manner you will get arrests and convictions. I have not once encouraged anyone else to do what I do. I have been in the computer business for 19 years which puts me a tad ahead of a few other's and that is where I draw my "training" as you are so fond of calling it. Remember if my house were on fire and someone had a water hose I would not care if they were a trained firefighter or not, just help me put the fire out...LOL Take Care and keep fighting that fight you want to fight...LOL. If you see a crime please report it....This goes for any crime...It is important that we all fight the good fight PuP. That is what community is all about...We help each other.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

PJ folks are trained before they are allowed to do any online work with predators. It clearly states this on their website. PUP relates how the entire world works to her personal experience only.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

banksy wrote:PJ folks are trained before they are allowed to do any online work with predators. It clearly states this on their website. PUP relates how the entire world works to her personal experience only.
If the world were only that simple that PuP's experience would be enough.....we have to look at the big picture, how about it? I think that PeeJ has the track record of getting the job done. I did a lot of research before I started doing this activity.
Tyrone Pride

Bill

Post by Tyrone Pride »

kenziesmom wrote:MAGS, I'm wondering why you are so heated on what Bill does in his spare time? I know for a fact that he attends the Council meetings and cares about the town that we call home (Tyrone). Do you attend any Council meetings? Do you try to help the kids in town with the Park Avenue project, Joshua House, skate rink at Reservoir Park, etc? If you do, are you saying that is all that you should be doing...not having a job (full-time or part-time), spending time with family, surfing the web, etc? Are you saying that if someone steps up to the plate to serve the public as a councilmember that they should not have a life and are not permitted to do activities outside of the meetings twice a month?

The comment you made about him worrying about "events happening in the *real* world of Tyrone instead of masquerading as 14 y/o girls on social networking sites" is funny. What you seem to misunderstand is that these predators are stepping away from the computer to actually meet underage girls and boys in the *real* world.

Bill does not do anything other than put a profile out there and the perverts come to him in droves. He does not lure them in (entrapment), and he does not try to catch these predators on his own. Law enforcement is totally involved from the time the person sets up a meeting. The cops have to protect the town, and cannot spend an entire week of just trying to catch online predators. Remember, in the *real* world there are criminals that they have to catch. They are very appreciative to have someone with a knowledge of the subject matter....they do not condone it like you and PUP. Remember, these are also the police that Bill is involved with through being on Council. He listens to their concerns and is in support of more officers being hired, etc.

Bill is not trying to be a wannabe cop. He does not try to arrest these people. This is not an adventure. He is trying to bring public awareness of this issue to parents who really could give a darn about what their children are doing as long as they're out of their parents hair!!! The majority of people appreciate what he's doing, it's the minority like you and Pup that DO NOT! That's such a shame!!!
I think this is a great commemt. Bill is doing great in all that he does. :thumb:
mangotree

Post by mangotree »

When a child predator gets busted, I don't care how they were caught, or who caught them -- they are the sickest and most despicable form of criminal in existence, and however you get them off the street and away from our children is fine with me.

I don't see how any decent human being could see this any other way. It makes me sick to read the opinions expressed here by PUP and Mags. What's wrong with you people? This is a child predator. If you're a grownup and you go after little boys and girls, you deserve whatever you get from whomever catches you.

And we're arguing about proper training and questioning Bill's community involvement? Pure idiocy. Nothing less.

Thank you, Bill, for helping protect our children. Keep up the good work.
PUP

Post by PUP »

Like I said before,I heard all I wanted to hear,that was enought for me.
It proved just what I thought was going on. :mrgreen:
PUP

Post by PUP »

Bill,I will answer your post against me,..you stated,PuP - You should not always take things out of context....
Really.Well you should keep your story straight and stop dancing around to make it sound like you know what your doing.You have changed your story twice now.In the court room,you won't be able to change it.

So which is it there Bill ?????
Page 3,I have been a computer technician for about 19 years now,
or is it
Page 6,I have been in the computer business for approximately 20 years.

And you tell me that I shouldn't take things out of context....Then as a councilman you try to make me look like I was stupid,you sir,need fired just on your game playing.

My last coment to you,It takes a creep to catch a creep and thank gawd for law enforcement when you can even get your story straight.

End of dicussion,let your follower's be your guide,let them stroke your ego,I don't live under your dictatorship and you have no influence over me,I'm a Leader Not a Follower.Call in your bottle feeder's and let them support you because I don't.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

I will make this a general post....but I do believe the point will come across fine....I am not sure what me being a Councilmember has to do with any of this...But as citizens, you most certainly can question anything I do....That is one of the things a person in public office has to handle...The Public....I respect or at least will always have an open mind to what anyone has to say...I for one don't have all the answers, that is why I rely on the public for information. PuP you really have reached for this one but that is your right as an American. As is my right to do what I do to help protect our community's children. I do this to only raise awareness....The more information everyone has the better off we all are to address situations. I really wish though you could tone down your hostilities. To all other's thank you for an interesting and eye opening debate....Lets thank those men and women that fight everyday in are Armed Forces past and present, that allow us the right "Freedom of Speech" to keep these debates going. :D
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

"Deb Woodring/Class Of 1975
Security Guard for Burns and Pinkerton
Armed Guard
I now work at home running my own program called Beyond Angel's. for the last 8 years
. "

PUP... this your post from the "Who are you and what do you do thread"

Then you said on this thread on July 27: "As far as my back ground,my family is in Harrisburg,one is a sheriff,one is a guard of a boys detention center,one is a trooper which has nothing to do with anything."

On July 30th you entered: "I worked alot of job's being a guard in State College mostly and I alway's worked 11/7 at night.Be a women and work a picket line,a resturant where the drunk's go and stand there and get spit on.I had my jacket many time's being spit on as I stood there and defended what I was doing,my job.

I have trained many guard's to not play robo cop,to keep there mind straight and do their job
."

On Aug. 8th, you stated: "This is what you think the law is and I'm here to tell you that I got 7,not 6,not 5,.......777777777777777 year's into it with alot of back up for quiestion's and answer's of anything I want to know. "

"...year's into it..." By "it" are you referring to yourself being a law enforcement officer?

Because if it is, I question how a security guard (I imagine you were only there to protect property) believes they are a law enforcement officer? Certainly, I'm sure you were trained to know certain aspects of the law necessary to cover your position as a security guard, but probably not covering as much as an actual municipality or state law enforcement officer would need to know.

If you are going to comment for actual law enforcement, I think you should let the sheriff and trooper in your family post for you. Have them register on here. After all, isn't that you are kind of criticizing Bill for doing while being a councilman and computer tech?

By the way, if the law enforcement agencies Mr. Latchford has interacted with have a problem with the job and information he provides, shouldn't they be the ones to ask him to stop or not get involved?
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

You may continue to discuss this topic VIA PM if you like, but it is now closed.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you