NEWS STORY ABOUT BEING CAUGHT ON LINE

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
PUP

Post by PUP »

Bill Latchford........Are you the one that caught that man on line with a minor???If you are,are you in Law Enforcement??The other quiestion I have is,How did WTAJ-TV10 get this story?They would only know if someone called them. :zzz:
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

More details?
Blain

Re: NEWS STORY ABOUT BEING CAUGHT ON LINE

Post by Blain »

PUP wrote:Bill Latchford........Are you the one that caught that man on line with a minor???If you are,are you in Law Enforcement??The other quiestion I have is,How did WTAJ-TV10 get this story?They would only know if someone called them. :zzz:
Old story.
WTAJ could have easily found out by checking their fax machine, because normally local and state police fax copies of incident reports to local media.
PUP

Post by PUP »

How old to be brodcasted just today?
Blain

Post by Blain »

PUP wrote:How old to be brodcasted just today?
Months ago. Maybe the guy had a court date today? I didn't see the broadcast. Or maybe Bill did it again.
PUP

Post by PUP »

No,It was a new story.
techguy

Post by techguy »

Maybe he thinks that he's Chris Hanson from Dateline NBC....Although I applaud his efforts to keep child predators off the street, perhaps he should leave crime fighting to law enforcement professionals. There are a lot of reasons for this case to be dismissed. Since when do Tyrone police officers have jurisdiction in Altoona? This case would have been much stronger and air tight had it been carried out by the police.
zapatista

Post by zapatista »

Word on the street is that WTAJ has a number of anonymous sources within the current
Kilmartin administration. In broadcasts they're often referred to as "high ranking government
officials." My guess is that one of these "moles" contacted WTAJ as soon as the news broke.

Many of these anonymous sources are well intentioned and only desire to make local government more transparent.
Other less scrupulous officials are enticed by promises of free vacations with Casey's Cruisers and guaranteed slots in the Pa Pics and Big Ol Fish segments of the morning show.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! :lol:
PUP

Post by PUP »

I just think its very strange.It did not just fall off into the new's,someone drop it off there.That moral right there was against any crime that this guy did.
Some can say set up but I say its an off duty job to make somebody eles look good and if that's what happen,thats pretty messed up.
My quiestion that I wanted answered by the catcher off the crook is,in a recent post there was a little girl who gave the name and address of the guy that wouldn't let her out of a station wagon,why was this not acted upon with the same action's being taken?
Why wasn't this taken to the new's such as this crime of on line internet crime and this little girl lives within the town of Tyrone legally.
I just wonder why someone has there own police department because I know they do not cater to this kind of thing,it would of been Altoona to handle it.That's where it happen at.
Good Job,humm,I don't know,was it? :wink:
If anyone's interested,I know where I can get a superman outfit haft price,I don't wear it anymore :lol:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

For those of us who can't find this on WTAJ's website or haven't seen the broadcast, what is essentially the story behind the posts here. What happened?
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

Terry,

You can read the article right here on Tyronepa.com. It's on the news section.
dolphinocn

Post by dolphinocn »

:thumb: WAY TO GO BILL!!!!! I applaud him for his strength to get these perverts off the streets. If I could do what he did , I would do it over and over again. What if that guy would be talking to any of your family's young young kids(male or female). This should be an eye opener to the surrounding community's. This is happening everywhere like it or not. Bill has an excellent website about this topic maybe everyone should take a look at it. learn about this kind of thing. Sicko's everyone so keep an eye on what your kids are doing online. :thumb:
PUP

Post by PUP »

While your applauding him,you may want to applaud all the police officer's who train in special undercover work,applaud all the test's they have to take to keep the right frame of mind.Did you ever hear the old saying it take's a creep to catch a creep.These officer's take a battery of test's to keep their mind in focus not to be turned or swayed into the crime its self.Moral is the point I am making.If your not law enforcement you have no bussiness in trying to parade glammer by doing this.If my house was on fire,I wouldn't want the untrain person there.That's why these people train so hard,so many hour's.
It is an insult to be dropped off to the new's for praise when law enforcement do not do that.They don't ask for spot light's.
Morally this was wrong.It was an insult to those who train.As far as someone being on the council board and doing that,did you not ever hear the saying,Do not take the law into your own hand's?What are you telling people to do.Hey,this guy's talking to my daughter,I'm going over there and...........the sound of what????A mouth battle,a beating or the worst,a gunshot sound.Applaud then!!!!!!!!
What an insult to police officer's around the world who train in this,put the camera on them for a change.Applaud them.