Wanted: New to area --looking for info on family activities

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
bythebay

Wanted: New to area --looking for info on family activities

Post by bythebay »

Hello! I'm new to area. I have two children and would like to know of any great family activities in the area ongoing and not. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

ByTheBay
Bill Latchford
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by Bill Latchford »

There are community parks and a community swimming pool. There are tennis courts, basketball courts, and a roller hockey rink. Now for entertainment there would be like DelGrosso's Park up in Tipton. Altoona has attractions also from Lakemont Park to Altoona Railroader's Museum. So within a 20 minute radius of Tyrone there should be plenty to keep busy....There is a Tyrone Chamber of Commerce located downtown Tyrone on Logan Ave near the OIP. It will have information on all aspects that you might be interested in. Good Luck and enjoy Tyrone.
Meaux
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by Meaux »

Welcome to our little town...

There is Dance Fusion, a studio on 10th street, ball leagues, the community pool, DelGrosso's Park in Tipton. book stores in Altoona and State College, kid's camp through Penn State Altoona, baton twirling clubs, etc.

The school district probably has a resource list and I'm sure the phones are manned year round.