Hospital

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

PUP wrote:Isn't that funny what you get away with.......and other's don't ?
If you have a problem with the way I run my forum, please feel free to address it with me personally by pm.

As for ALL of the members, please keep the thread on topic. It is too valuable of a discussion to lock down.

Thanks, Rick
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

If you have a problem with the way I run my forum, please feel free to address it with me personally by pm.

As for ALL of the members, please keep the thread on topic. It is too valuable of a discussion to lock down.

Thanks, Rick
Tyrone Pride
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Emergency services.

Post by Tyrone Pride »

Well Pup, I went to a few of the functions at the convention. I didn't stay. I have not stayed at a convention since Ray Stringer was killed. It is kind of hard to have fun without thinking of him. I know the Bellfonte Fire Dept well. We have a good working realtionship with Logan and the Undines. I have one thing to say though. Hearing about it is not the same as living it.
Having a mother screaming at you because her baby is trapped in a car and you are not doing it fast enough for her when you know you are doing all that is possible. Hearing screams from a girl trapped in her car along rt 350 while it is burning and not being able to free her before she dies. Carring the burnt remains of a person out of a basement of a house that burnt and the foundation is all that is left. Doing CPR on a friend while his family watches from the next room. I could keep going on and on but I wont. This is about the hospital and now somehow about the YMCA. Tyrone has its problems but what town doesn't. It is easy to sit back and complain about the world while your are doing nothing to make it better . We all have our faults but things can improve and will with the right attitude.

Concerned nurse thank you for your nice comment. I am proud of what I do at work and in the fire service.
PUP

Post by PUP »

Same Ole,Same Ole,
Change isn't that scary.
The first step is alway's the hardest. :thumb:
PUP

Post by PUP »

Rick.....Did you get my PM ?????
Concerned Nurse

Post by Concerned Nurse »

Anytime Tyrone Pride! You should be proud, you hold several respected positions and are good at what you do. Like I said before jack of all trades, master of none! You're truly dedicated and I'm proud to say that you're my friend & colleague......

My2Cents, thank you as well for the nice comments. The summary was perfect, could you tell my fingers were on fire?
akindergartenmom

Post by akindergartenmom »

As a member of the medical community myself, as a Certified Medical Assistant, I do not get to work in the hospitals, however, I hear all of the complaints in the office from disgruntled patients, and most of ours go to Altoona! I lived in VA before my family moved back home to Tyrone last summer. I lived in Virginia Beach, which is one of the largest cities on the east coast. We had problems with our hospitals too, huge lawsuits at Children's hospital and Sentara Hospital, which is the larges health care system in Va and NC. Everyone gets sued. That is why we are required to carry insurance. I do not know what happened at Tyrone Hospital since I left, but I will say this, my step mom was admitted there three months ago and received excellent care. I have utilized the ER and have received excellent care. I used to volunteer there, a long time ago, and yes it has changed a lot since then, however whether we are talking about the hospital or just Tyrone itself, every town has problems and that is just a fact. I lived in several huge cities and smaller areas, as my husband is active duty military, so we have moved a lot. Even the military hospitals had problems. I think we should all state our opinions b/c that is the point of this board, however, I think we should be respectful of everyone and what they do for a living. Some posts on here are hitting below the belt and that is just not right.

Tyrone Pride and Concerned Nurse, keep doing your jobs b/c I can tell you this: Not everyone can cut it in the medical profession, it is hard and a lot of work, and for those who have nothing nice to say, I would like to see them try it!

Pup, I am sorry about your mother. My condolences. I don't know what the situation was, nor will I ask, but again, my condoleces. I know it is not easy to lose someone we love very much. God Bless and I hope you will let go of some of your anger, just for your own personal well being. :)

I am hoping Tyrone can turn things around, but we have to get the positive stories out there to help them out, and stop focusing on the negative all of the time. I love this town, I have lived practically everywhere, and I can tell you, the grass is not always greener on the other side. Take pride in Tyrone as a community and support our hospital.
PUP

Post by PUP »

Thank You Akindergardenmom......God Bless you too
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Rick wrote:

Thanks, Rick
I think you run it perfectly myself, but I am thick-skinned.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Concerned Nurse wrote:
My2Cents, thank you as well for the nice comments. The summary was perfect, could you tell my fingers were on fire?
Yes, most definitely... but, it was right from your heart !! I'm glad that you took the time to try to get the message across to those who are not in the medical field and could never imagine what you go through in a day. It takes a very special person to work in the medical field... although most folks don't realize it, most people could never handle that type of work for long. Thank you for being one of those very special, and very dedicated people. You are a NURSE and, I can tell... PROUD of it !! You, along with others in the medical field, deserve a GOLD MEDAL.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Re: Emergency services.

Post by My2Cents »

Tyrone Pride wrote: I am proud of what I do at work and in the fire service.
Never, ever, let anyone or anything change that "Tyrone Pride." You are an example of what the Medical Profession is all about.
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

PUP wrote:Rick.....Did you get my PM ?????
No, I didn't, sorry.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

akindergartenmom wrote:I am hoping Tyrone can turn things around, but we have to get the positive stories out there to help them out, and stop focusing on the negative all of the time. I love this town, I have lived practically everywhere, and I can tell you, the grass is not always greener on the other side. Take pride in Tyrone as a community and support our hospital.
I agree akindergartenmom... I too have worked in hospitals all around this world. Yes, for a while the grass did look greener out there until I came back here to visit one time and began to notice how nice everything was beginning to look around my home town. When I left here, I didn't think I would ever come back here to live. Well, 30++ years later, from the time I left here, I can honestly say.. I have seen the world.. there isn't too many places I haven't been.. and now, I am so glad to be back home with "youns" again. I too, take great pride in our town, TYRONE, PA and am so thankful to those who persevered over the years, and to those who are still working hard, to keep our town running smoothly and looking good !!! Our hospital is a big part of our community. I do hope somehow, someway, our community as a whole, gets the word that we all must work together in order to keep our little hospital going. The majority of the people don't get sick and/or have any use for the hospital... but, let something happen just once, then they will see and understand WHY we need our hospital. I hope they will soon get the public's attention and utmost support. This is a beautiful little town in a beautiful little area of the world... we take so much for granted.
Tyrone Pride

Thanks!!!!

Post by Tyrone Pride »

My2Cents, akindergartenmom and Concerened Nurse, Thank you so much for the nice comments. This is such a nice change from the usual trolling that goes on here. I do consider myself dedicated. I have spent the last 17.5years in the fire service. I love it. I love working in the Operating Room as well. I just like helping people. I have always been that way. I guess it was the way I was brought up. I have many hours dedicated to the fire service that I volunteer for. We don't get paid at all. I do it just for the job and the satisfaction. Each year that state makes it harder and harder to be a volunteer firefighter. Requiring more trainning and certifications seems to be a yearly change. The people of Tyrone should be proud because the Tyrone Fire Dept has quite few certified firefighter and EMS personell between the Neptunes and the Hookies. Not many local companies can say that. Having these certifications help us get grant money from the state and the federal government. So the people in the surrounding areas should rest well that they are protected. We depend on the hospital to further the treatment on the people that we are called to help. I know of many instances where if it were not for little ole' Tyrone Hospital many people would not be here today. Lets keep up the support and improve the community's view on the hospital.

PUP I have to say that I am very sorry to hear about your loss. You can always hold a hatred for what happened or give your heart a break and show some compassion for this and let time heal what happened to you. I know it is hard. I have a similar situation with another healthcare facility. I was bitter and now I am not. I have learned to forgive and not let the death of a loved one hold a dark spot in my heart. Make the last memories of that loved one good not bad.

Again, Thank you to everybody for their support of the hospital and the emergency services.
disneyqn71

Tyrone Hospital

Post by disneyqn71 »

Because I have endured 13+ surgeries in the Tyrone Hospital over the past 20 years, I would consider myself a fairly good witness to the care that is provided to patients. I have a lot of respect and admiration for most of the staff in Tyrone. I have always been treated with respect and (knock on wood) I have never suffered any bad experiences and/or consequences from any treatment or surgery.

On the flip side, I had one major surgery in Centre County a few years ago and wound up with 2 post operative infections, which I understand can happen anywhere, but let me tell you...there wasn't too many nice things to say about the nurses on level 4 at Centre Community back then. I was just a NUMBER in a BED.

Small towns due have an advantage over larger communities when it comes to personalization and immediate services. I always choose Tyrone over Altoona when I need lab work done. Why? You don't have to wait. You may bleed to death in Altoona or State College before someone would notice. Ok, maybe that is a stretch, but I do want to say I hope the hospital is saved. :D