Hospital

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

Wow, thirteen operations! Thats alot. I hope your doing better now.
PUP

Post by PUP »

Tyrone Pride.........Thank-You
disneyqn71
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

hospital

Post by disneyqn71 »

Yes, Mainegirl..thanks.

And if I needed any other surgery, I would choose Tyrone.
Not to mention Emergency room care. I would rather be taken in right away for an emergency like when my son was throwing up blood or he had a fever of 105 and I freaked. Got right in and within a few hours, went home feeling relieved. Unlike other large hospitals where you need to take a number no matter what the emergency maybe.
Mags

Re: Hospital

Post by Mags »

Let's inject a dose of reality into this discussion shall we. I'm sure Rick can edit for content if he or anyone else sees something that causes the rose colored glasses on the pollyannas on this board to suddenly become dislodged and heads otherwise explode due to the collective cognitive dissonance.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/ForTheReco ... tyfin5.pdf

Tyone is going to close, and, no matter how many dittoheads here repeat their daily "positive" mantras, that still doesn't make the sugar coated feel goodisms true.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Mags wrote:Let's inject a dose of reality into this discussion shall we. I'm sure Rick can edit for content if he or anyone else sees something that causes the rose colored glasses on the pollyannas on this board to suddenly become dislodged and heads otherwise explode due to the collective cognitive dissonance.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/ForTheReco ... tyfin5.pdf

Tyone is going to close, and, no matter how many dittoheads here repeat their daily "positive" mantras, that still doesn't make the sugar coated feel goodisms true.
I'm good :eek:

I'm assuming this is from the bankruptcy filing.

I also want to footnote, this file is NOT stored on our servers, it is hosted from the Altoona Mirror's website, so we have no control over it's posting.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

Mags,

Do you like posting on this board? I'm asking because you seem to be quite miserable.
PUP

Post by PUP »

:banghead: I thought I heard the phone ring.
I thought it was a Wake up Call.....

Someone must of dialed the wrong number. :banghead:
PUP

Post by PUP »

Mags.....I read that...Thank-You..
Tyrone Pride

Post by Tyrone Pride »

I guess it is time to bow down and sink to the level of bashing the hospital. The last time I checked my glasses were clear. I guess the hospital is closing? In order to be able to have that information somebody must have access to Mr Peabody and his Wayback Time Machine. With the attitude of the posts with this information I would have to say that their glasses are colored with something besides roses. I would have to say it is brown and kind of smells bad too. :rofl: As far as the financial statements go they have been availabls since we filed for bankruptcy. Anybody has access to them. It is PUBLIC INFORMATION!!! :flag:
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

I don't think anyone is trying to be "pollyanna" about anything. However, you have got to be the biggest downer I've ever heard.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with having a little faith that things will work out. I know it makes me feel a bit better than staying all Doom and Gloom over things. :D
PUP

Post by PUP »

If ((whoever)) was asked to show support to save Tyrone Hospital,What support do you have other than what's said on this board?
Those who are close to the subject,like work there,What do you have planned if anything?
Do you have a rally planned? Do you have a page in the newspaper's? What do you have planned to gain more support,if any??
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

I cannot believe this !! Mags, why.... why do you have to be so obnoxious in all your comments ? What is your problem ? You are a very intelligent person... it is such a waste that you choose to throw it all away into a barrel of negativity, doom, and gloom.
This is not good for your health !! With your attitude, you could end up in the Tyrone Hospital before you know it, being paddled ( excuse the pun). All those, "pollyanna's" and "dittoheads," as you have labeled them, will be there, giving it their all, to help you no matter what. I don't know how to get back to one of the statements you made on here, but, you mentioned something about ( or it sounded like) you are absolutely sure the hospital is going to close. Mags, you could be right... it may happen.... however, there are a lot if people in this community working together and doing the best they can in hopes that it doesn't happen. No, they are not performing one of those "mantra" thingy's either.
You know, you should try a pair if those "Rose Colored Glasses." They may give you a glimpse of what it is to be happy. Of course it won't be in the real world, but, it would be a good lesson to learn, and apply, in the real world.
Mags, you are hurting, for some reason. It's too bad you are taking the doom and gloom route for attention... as I mentioned above, you are so intelligent... what a waste.
Were you in the military ?? Were you in Iraq ?? What is your reason for including the list of all the military casualties in all of your posts ?? Oh Mags.... that too is soooooo very sad and there is nothing..... nothing we can do about it. Is there someone on that list that you know ??
Oh well... I've gone on enough here. I wish you happiness Mags... I do hope you find it somehow, someway.... life is too short. Take care.
Tyrone Pride

Post by Tyrone Pride »

Well Pup. We have a plan. Our 1st plan didnt work out so we are on our plan B right now. We are trying to increase OR cases, ER visits, lab visits and general admissions. If we can increasea few patients or O.R. cases each week by having our Doctors admitt more people to our facility instead of Altoona or Huntingdon and have more referals we will be fine. We cut the loss from last year by over 50%. That was impressive and took a lot of dedication within the whole hospital. There is a lot more than meets the eye going on. We are trying very hard to make this work. That is why I view it as a personal attack on myself when people bash the Hospital. The past can not be changed. We have to try and make positive things happen. Right now it is in the hands of the bankruptcy judge. It is his decision on what happens to us. He has the plan in his hands reviewing it and working with our debtors to see if it will work for them. I value my jobs as do the rest of us and we don't want to lose them. I hope this help shed a little light on the subject for you. Thanks for your interest.
PUP

Post by PUP »

Tyrone Pride,Thank-You for that info........