Hospital

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
SoccerMom
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Hospital

Post by SoccerMom »

Hey, does anyone know if there is a public relations person at the hospital? I interned for the pr director at my hometown hospital while in college. We always made sure hospital auxilary events were well publicized, and the local paper contacted for photo ops. Something good and positive about the hospital was in the paper almost daily, usually with a warm and fuzzy photo of people smiling and recieving a check or something. We also handled patient complaints, not so fun, but they were taken seriously and handled right away. I was just wondering if our hospital has anyone handling communications with the community. A good pr strategy could improve its image and ultimately increase patient numbers.
PUP

Post by PUP »

If I was you(to which I'm not)I would be writing the most heartfelt letter that would make you cry to the judge that has taken this over.
I would hand him that along with a petion,
(if that's how you spell it because my spelling stink's)with over a 1000 names or more on it and I would be centering on the nursing homes up there.
Put it up in the store's up there and blast them with all the names.
That way it show's the entire town is screaming.Trust me,election comes around,there going to want them votes.
One hand washes the other sometimes,a favor for a favor,etc.
Have some of the people in the nursing homes sign one or two lines,like,how it would hurt them because they don't drive,how cheap it would be and couldn't afford it,how it would impact their lives.
I do know the judges now a day's are more open to that than they were before to that kind of stuff.
If it don't work,then it don't work.What the H E double L.
Give a try.Community Pride.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

PUP wrote:If I was you(to which I'm not)I would be writing the most heartfelt letter that would make you cry to the judge that has taken this over.
I would hand him that along with a petion,
(if that's how you spell it because my spelling stink's)with over a 1000 names or more on it and I would be centering on the nursing homes up there.
Put it up in the store's up there and blast them with all the names.
That way it show's the entire town is screaming.Trust me,election comes around,there going to want them votes.
One hand washes the other sometimes,a favor for a favor,etc.
Have some of the people in the nursing homes sign one or two lines,like,how it would hurt them because they don't drive,how cheap it would be and couldn't afford it,how it would impact their lives.
I do know the judges now a day's are more open to that than they were before to that kind of stuff.
If it don't work,then it don't work.What the H E double L.
Give a try.Community Pride.
There ya go PUP.... sounds like a good idea !! Maybe somehow make one out so the whole community could sign. There will soon be a lot of senior citizens in this town. :thumb:
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

My2Cents wrote:There will soon be a lot of senior citizens in this town. :thumb:

What do you mean "soon"?!?!

This town, county, and state are full of them. In population of seniors, I think we are second only to Florida.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

You're so very right Bucktail . I was thinking... within the past 10 to 15 years a lot of elderly folks... WWII era.. from this area has passed away. Right now, we are in between the what's left of the elderly, and the first edge of the baby boomers.... Korea,VietNam era. Once the baby boomers get started look out. "They" (who ever they are) are probably wondering what "they" are going to do with us all. I have a feeling "we" are going to become a problem, if something isn't established very soon and before the you know what hits the fan. :fogey:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

SoccerMom wrote:Hey, does anyone know if there is a public relations person at the hospital? I interned for the pr director at my hometown hospital while in college. We always made sure hospital auxilary events were well publicized, and the local paper contacted for photo ops. Something good and positive about the hospital was in the paper almost daily, usually with a warm and fuzzy photo of people smiling and recieving a check or something. We also handled patient complaints, not so fun, but they were taken seriously and handled right away. I was just wondering if our hospital has anyone handling communications with the community. A good pr strategy could improve its image and ultimately increase patient numbers.
I should hope they have a PR person SoccerMom. That should be one of the things at the top of their list. I'm quite sure all medical facilities have some type of "PR" person, along with patient advocates, etc. You are right in your comment above... they need "something good and positive" and, almost on a daily basis... on the radio, and in the news. Also, hopefully, they should have someone (or enough people) and not a computer, to man the telephones at all times, and not put callers on hold. People call there with questions and they deserve an answer.... and they should never hear an "I'm sorry there's no one in the office now," type message... that can contribute immensely to poor hospital/patient relations. There use to be a GREAT Tyrone Hospital Auxiliary in years past... I don't even know if they have one now :oops: They were very well known and did wonders for the hospital throughout the community. I guess the best thing right now SoccerMom is to sit back, keep the faith, and hope the powers that be will get our hospital back in shape again. They also need to get the Maternity ward up and running again.... that's another biggy that was lost.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

If the two of you are done now, can you continue to discuss the matter at hand, and keep your personal issues off the board.

If you cannot, I will begin to use some of the new boards features, and put your accounts in suspension to allow you time to cool off.

Please keep the topic on track.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Rick... Who were you referring to above ?? :roll:
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

They know who they are, sorry for my vagueness.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Tyrone Pride

Post by Tyrone Pride »

Sorry, I was just defending myself. I hope PEGS is sorry too. Rick, thanks for your help on this issue.