Hospital

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
RyanMyers
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Hospital

Post by RyanMyers »

does the hospital need any volunters???
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

Call 684-1255.

I bet they always can use someone to help.
Mags

Post by Mags »

Volunteers for what, exactly? The hospital is closing.
Tyrone Pride

Hospital Closing

Post by Tyrone Pride »

Well Mags you seem to be on the inside on a lot of information in this town and about the hospital. You must spend a lot of time at Sheetz in the morning during the town meetings. The hospital isn't going anywhere. Keep a positive attitude. A lot of people depend on the hospital and we can always use volunteers. Why don't you let us all know where you get your information. Sounds like you had better check your stories before posting on this forum. You seem to complain a lot on this forum. Try a positive attitude you may live longer.
Mags

Re: Hospital Closing

Post by Mags »

Tyrone Pride wrote: The hospital isn't going anywhere. Keep a positive attitude. A lot of people depend on the hospital and we can always use volunteers.
It's going to take a lot more than just a positive 'tude to keep Tyrone Hospital open. Optimism is not the same thing as ::MONEY:: which is something that you people have been in denial about for a very long time.
Tyrone Pride wrote:
Why don't you let us all know where you get your information. Sounds like you had better check your stories before posting on this forum. You seem to complain a lot on this forum. Try a positive attitude you may live longer.
Edited for content, please read the rules.
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

Why so hostile Mags? I did take a look at the link you provided. It makes me ill to see ALL those lost lives. I would encourage people to take a look. It is a very long list of soldiers!
Tyrone Pride

Post by Tyrone Pride »

Mags

Post by Mags »

Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

I'm All for a more positive outlook...I have utilized that Hospital and I think they do a fine job. I believe there are some managerial issues there, but I bet that could be said about every hospital. We need the services it provides and I for one will just keep it in my prayers.
Tyrone Pride

Positive outlook

Post by Tyrone Pride »

Thanks Bill. This is the kind of support we need. I get so tired of all of the negative posts and attitudes. Have a good day and keep in touch.
Chip Dillon
Lt. /EMT/FF2/BVRT
B.A.H.& L.
Northern Blair's Bravest!!!
Station 33
Concerned Nurse

Post by Concerned Nurse »

Thank you Chip & Bill for the all the support! I'm a firm believer that the hospital will be here for the years to come. It's going to take a lot of faith, good hard working employees, support & utilization from the community, & ofcourse Mags money to keep our hospital up and running. I was at the corporate meeting tonight and it looks as if there might be a change and hopefuly for the good. We as corporate members elected five board members, four of which are new to the board and one that was retained. I beleive these five are strong individuals with one common vision and that is to keep our hospital open. I encourage everyone to take an active part and join the Tyrone Hospital corporation. There had been a fair amount in attendence tonight, but there were plenty of seats vacant. Again, I urge all of you to support our hospital to the best of your ability. Support can come in many forms and not always monetary.
PUP

Post by PUP »

I wouldn't take my dog to that place........

If changes were made to get rid of some of the staff that call's themselves nurses,(maybe)and that's a big maybe.

If changes were made to get rid of the butcher doctor up there and he's not with that hospital,(maybe).

The only reason that hospital is in trouble is because of the last law suit against one of your doctor's.
Its on the net as one of the biggest law suit's ever won in the State Of Penna. Total 4 millon.That's what did you in!!!

Past horror story..I go up there for chest pain's.The doc mixes the record's up,want's to ship me to Altoona for 3 rd. stage kindey failure.The lady in the bed next to me say's,oh hunny,I'm so sorry.Doctor say's wait a minute,I got the wrong patient.It was the lady beside me.I went there for chest pain's,I could of had a heart attack on the bed after that was said to me,omg.And that's just one nite mare at that place............

Fix that and (maybe) you would have our money too,if not,my money's staying where Mag's has his......away from there............
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

Here's the latest article from the Altoona Mirror on the Tyrone Hospital about 5 new board members being added to the current board.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/News/artic ... leID=14687

This "board" issue sounds like the Tyrone YMCA deal all over again... and we know how that ended.
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

We've been to the emergency room at the Tyrone Hospital three times, and had good experiences each time. Two of those times were with my daughter who was about 2, 2 1/2 at the time. They did a great job treating and reassuring a very scared little girl. If we ever have another emergency, I wouldn't hesitate to go there.

Maybe some improvements need to be made, but the hospital needs to stay open.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Concerned Nurse wrote:Thank you Chip & Bill for the all the support! I'm a firm believer that the hospital will be here for the years to come. It's going to take a lot of faith, good hard working employees, support & utilization from the community, & ofcourse Mags money to keep our hospital up and running. Again, I urge all of you to support our hospital to the best of your ability. Support can come in many forms and not always monetary.
I am soooo glad to see that things are looking up. I'm sure it's going to take a while to get things back to normal.. but, somehow, someway, I hope and pray they can do it. The hospital is part of our hometown's heart beat... we can't just let it go. I have a feeling that most folks in our community know, and/or, have some idea about what is happening there, but, it still doesn't have their attention. I don't think some of the residents realize the implications of not having a hospital in our home town. They "hear" this news, then go on their merry way thinking they can't do anything about it anyway.... then, it's forgotten once more until the next time something pops up. Somehow, someway, they need to establish GOOD public relations with all the Tyrone area residents. Someone needs to get out there.. talk to, get the communities attention, and convince people that the hospital is there for them. Right now, the public is not listening...
I've worked in the medical field half of my life... I'm retired now, but, I gave it my all and I know the hard work and long hours that hospital staff are faced with daily. Dedication and compassion for the patient are always in the heart of those who are involved in the process... sometimes it's a thankless job.... then, in the blink of an eye, it turns around and there is always something, or someone, to come along and make it all worthwhile again.
If I could only find the fountain of youth, I would do it all over again. I wish I could somehow help the situation, but, I can't at this stage of the game. I can only try to keep everything and everyone positive in my little corner of the world. Good Luck Tyrone Hospital.... Sincerely, My2Cents.