TASD Teacher Strike???

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: TASD Teacher Strike???

Post by My2Cents »

[quote="SoccerMom"]Can you all hear my huge sigh of relief? [quote]

YES... yours, and a whole bunch of other folks !!! KUDO's for all that were involved in the decision makings. :D !! Now, before the next school board/high school turmoil... let's hope that PA makes it illegal for teachers to strike.
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

Agreed! The majority of the teachers I talked to didn't want to strike anyway, but would not have a had a choice.
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

I am only addressing the sub topic of the original topic which is an attack on the value of sporting to our kids. I don't think money has anything to do with a football game being played. It is a nice fringe benefit for having a good team but the lessons that our players, cheerleaders, band members and other students involved in this American tradition is invaluable. The leadership, team building and the relationships that our kids develop while involved in these actitivies increase their chances that they will become productive citizens capable of leading, team building and creating relationships as adults.
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

I agree. Both my kids are involved in a lot of activities and love sports. I really think you need to have that balance between academia and sport, exercise the body, exercise the brain. Not to mention exercise boosts brain power. Plus, the lessons learned on the field or in other activities are invaluable and can't be learned elsewhere. Anyway, I learned on good authority that in the event of a strike, the football season would continue. Something to do with being in a conference.