Tyrone Crimewave Solved

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Tyrone Crimewave Solved

Post by banksy »

Put an RFID chip under their skin and monitor their movements with GPS. Then you will see the true impact they are bringing on the community. Cleaning them up should not be at the expense of everyone and everything around them, contrary to what their parents think. Let them come into my house and see what happens.... they won't walk back out, that's for sure.
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

This type of behavior starts somewhere, usually at home at an early age. How about the 4-year-old in my daughter's class who pick on other kids, trips them on purpose and threatens to pee on the other boys in the bathroom? Some of the kids in her class are afraid to go to school, or go to the bathroom once there. The mother's response to his behavior? He's their (the teachers) problem now. I think that's the attitude of many of these parents.
Beck

Post by Beck »

Being the child is 4 years old and not 5 and required to be in public school, it is the teachers problem... The school has the right to dismiss the child from the class if the behavior isn't corrected and then its "the parents problem" once again... I know my grand daughter goes to pre-school and if I heard about a child doing that I would go to the head of the pre-school program and ask that they do something about the child if the parent won't! It use to be schools were to teach our children and give them morals, anymore many parents see it as a babysitting service. I feel bad for the teachers and have great respect for everyone of them..
As for the crime wave boys.. I only really know one personally and as I said before he was given all the opportunities to become somebody... It's true when they say "you are who your with"... its easier to be pulled down than to be lifted up...
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

banksy wrote:Put an RFID chip under their skin and monitor their movements with GPS. Then you will see the true impact they are bringing on the community. Cleaning them up should not be at the expense of everyone and everything around them, contrary to what their parents think. Let them come into my house and see what happens.... they won't walk back out, that's for sure.
You don't do this to people,bad or good unless their on a bigger list than Tyrone and for wanted murder. :stick:
That kind of thinking scares me.You may need to know,if they enter your house that you do not by law have the right to do anything to them but call the police and you better pray their over 18 if you try it.
watcher
MVP Member

Post by watcher »

I agree with Santeeo, putting in a chip is only in extreme cases if they have been arrested, and are under observation. Is there any kind of mentoring program in Tyrone or surrounding areas that somehow they can become involved in? If they have been arrested, and are juveniles, it would seem that a mentor, someone they could look up to and talk with might be helpful. This might not work, but it would be worth trying as they apparently have no good role models. It would be nice to see athletes, teachers, coaches, etc. involved in a positive role model program like this...
Beck

Post by Beck »

You can't make a kid do what they don't want to do... or hear what they don't want to hear....Period.....
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

No person can be counted a failure unless he accepts defeat and gives up trying.
Therefore, we must keep trying. With persistence, we can do anything.
Never look at the bad without thinking about the good that lies ahead. :D
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Beck wrote:You can't make a kid do what they don't want to do... or hear what they don't want to hear....Period.....
.... and that's when you need to find out WHY. Most of that is just showing off to their friends... they think it's tough.... then it comes to a point when it gets out of hand... their friends aren't laughing at them anymore... so, they have to find something else for attention....
Beck

Post by Beck »

I believe in never giving up finding the good in people. My family has tried to talk to one of the Young adult theives on a few occassions. We've used the nice approach and my older son has used the "let me tell you what happened to me" approach, neither with any success. We've talked to the adult in charge and she's all for change but yet allows the crowd at her house every day into the wee hours of the morning. Change is something that one has to want to achieve, I don't think some of these kids/adults have reached that point yet. I do keep praying for them and always have a kind Hello if they walk past but I still keep my doors locked!
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Beck wrote:I believe in never giving up finding the good in people. My family has tried to talk to one of the Young adult theives on a few occassions. We've used the nice approach and my older son has used the "let me tell you what happened to me" approach, neither with any success. We've talked to the adult in charge and she's all for change but yet allows the crowd at her house every day into the wee hours of the morning. Change is something that one has to want to achieve, I don't think some of these kids/adults have reached that point yet. I do keep praying for them and always have a kind Hello if they walk past but I still keep my doors locked!
He knows that you, and others, know what he is... so, he's gonna' stay on top of that platform for as long as he can and do as much damage as he can and get a kick out of doing it and not getting caught. A "kind hello" is not going to stop him... he knows that the "kind hello" could turn around and come right after him in a split second. We don't trust him and he doesn't trust us !!! To him... this is all a game. He needs to get a life... somehow, he needs to find love and understanding from somebody... perhaps a mentor, as someone mentioned above. Sounds like he's on the verge of being too far gone.... eventually, one way or another, this will all catch up to him. Sounds like mama is not contributing much in helping him to become a better person either. That's probably his biggest problem !!!
watcher
MVP Member

Post by watcher »

This is terribly sad, when someone feels they've given up...those words made me feel very very sad earlier when I read them, but I think I understand. I work with a program that is reaching out to people who've been addicted and most people don't have too much hope to offer for change for them either, but they are being given a second chance. A lot of them are taking it, not all, but still, there is a possibility. I would like to see some possibility for these kids, but it's easier to talk than do something sometimes. What steps could happen to change it? I don't know, as I don't know them personally, but it would be nice to see a change provided...Santeeo said something like that, and I agree...although most people are skeptical...be willing to try.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Since he keeps walking the streets, and has obvious no repercussions that matter to him, it is only a matter of time until he assaults and/or murders someone as he steps up the game to get noticed. Remember this post when it happens.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

SANTEEO wrote:No person can be counted a failure unless he accepts defeat and gives up trying.
Therefore, we must keep trying. With persistence, we can do anything.
Never look at the bad without thinking about the good that lies ahead. :D
Wow... have you ever worked in the behavioral health or juvenile justice field for more than a year?

If you have, do, or would... it would completely change that view you typed.

:banghead: This avatar says it all.
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

Don’t become impressed with just how much you know.
As far as Banksy comment,just on tonights news a state tropper murdered someone,what was his excuse,was he a kid on the street's,I think not.
Nothing positive to say,then why say it.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

SANTEEO wrote:Don’t become impressed with just how much you know.
What the he11 does that mean?!?!

And if you are referring to that PA State Trooper who is now accused of murdering the dentist from Blairsville, it's about time they nailed him. John was a friend of the family, especially my brother in law's family. A core group of John's friends have been working hard on solving his murder. We suspected (and knew it was) the state trooper from the very beginning. It just took a lot longer (along with some law enforcement screw ups and dragging of the feet because this guy was a cop) than we all would've like.

Hopefully, this "former" PSP trooper gets his justice at the hands of someone else, and is more traumatic and suffers 100 times worse than what he put John through.

It won't bring John back, but hopefully following a conviction, he'll finally be able to Rest In Peace... even if it is much sooner than it should've been.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/14222027/detail.html <-- Here's a link to a news video and story from WJAC.

State trooper arrested in 2006 Blairsville dentist murder case

By The Tribune-Review
Thursday, September 27, 2007

A state trooper has been accused of murdering a Blairsville dentist last year.

Pennsylvania Attorney General Tom Corbett and Indiana County District Attorney Robert Bell are holding a joint press conference this afternoon to announce they have arrested Kevin James Foley for allegedly slaying Blairsville dentist Dr. John Yelenic on April 13, 2006.

Foley, 42, of Indiana, Pa., was arraigned this morning before Indiana District Justic Guy Haberl on one count of criminal homicide. At the time of the killing, Foley was dating the dentist's estranged wife, Michele. The couple was wrapping up a bitter divorce, according to court records.

A statewide grand jury issued a presentment against Foley for the killing of Yelenic, 39, who was discovered dead in his home at 233 S. Spring St. in Blairsville with his throat cut.

Investigators said they linked Foley to the killing by using his DNA, which matched skin found under Yelenic's fingernails. They also found a bloody shoe print at the home that matched the brand of tennis shoe that the trooper always wore.

After the murder, Foley, an avid runner, switched to another brand of running shoe, investigators said.
Foley is accused of slitting Yelenic's throat with a knife.