Tyrone Crimewave Solved

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Tyrone Crimewave Solved

Post by My2Cents »

Our Mayor has posted a remark in his weekly article, "From The Mayor's Perspective" in today's Daily Herald. If you get a chance, please read it..... He is definately concerned about what is happening and said he has received a number of phone calls and emails from people living in fear, etc.... he is in the process right now of working on a program that has been effective elsewhere. To all concerned... please stay on top of this. This will work if you all gather together... if a meeting is called, go to it... with all that is happening in your area, this could put a huge impact on the perpetraters, but it's going to take ALL of you gather round. I know, it's so easy to say, "Oh let someone else do it... I don't want to get involved..." Not this time folks... it's going to take all of you so that the "plan" will work. Stay tuned....
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

My2Cents wrote:Our Mayor has posted a remark in his weekly article, "From The Mayor's Perspective" in today's Daily Herald. If you get a chance, please read it..... He is definately concerned about what is happening and said he has received a number of phone calls and emails from people living in fear, etc.... he is in the process right now of working on a program that has been effective elsewhere. To all concerned... please stay on top of this. This will work if you all gather together... if a meeting is called, go to it... with all that is happening in your area, this could put a huge impact on the perpetraters, but it's going to take ALL of you gather round. I know, it's so easy to say, "Oh let someone else do it... I don't want to get involved..." Not this time folks... it's going to take all of you so that the "plan" will work. Stay tuned....
I don't get the paper so I can't read the article. It sounds like maybe the program is "Neighborhood Crime Watch" and if it is, it works (at least in my neighborhood in FL)! Neighbors looking out for neighbors and reporting any suspicious activity can really deter some crimes. Now in my other neighborhood in NC, it's called, "I've gotta freakin' shotgun loaded and racked, so you better think "twicet" about messin with me!"... :roll: :guns:
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

After reading all the posts on this particular subject I decided to add my own thoughts. I am a mother of two children who grew up in this area. My children, too, have been in trouble with the law. My oldest is sitting in state prison while my youngest is starting life over. Both of my children were good kids... I had no problems raising them to a certain age...then .....wow... our world turned upside down and inside out. I am not a drinker or a druggie. I taught my children values, morals, and manners. I believed that all they learned here at home would go with them once they entered the world of others. I could not have been more wrong. I have a degree in Human Development and Family Studies and could not help my own children. They both found friends in our town that intrigued them, I suppose.

Soon I started noticing signs of drug use..then abuse...then absolute addiction. All the while I was dishing out consequences for their actions...to no avail. I contacted agencies...I called the law... I had charges brought against them. I distinctly remember one very cold November morning, after throwing my child out of the house, driving up the street and seeing him laying curled up in a ball...with snowfall on top of him. Tears streamed down my face as I drove past and contacted the police to go check him out. It was the hardest thing I had ever done in my life. NOTHING I DID WORKED. As a juvenile he was in and out of placement and rehab. When he finally reached the age of accountability ...adulthood... he went to prison. My second child, my baby, followed his footsteps. However...her age kept her out of jail. It was placement and rehab for her. I don't know what the future holds for my children. I only know I will not sit back and watch them kill themselves with heroin.

This town needed a wake up call long before the crime started. But nobody would listen. Yet, everyone seems to have all the answers. It amazes me how many experts there are. I for one do not know if it's nature or nurture... and don't care. Our children are dying. Heroin came to town and all h*ll came with it. And believe me..there are more kids in this town putting needles in their arms than you can possibly imagine.
A few years back Right Turn in Altoona opened its doors to the big cities in hopes of what??? Revenue??? Those people came...saw an ideal location to live and sell their wares...and they've stayed. And they keep coming by the droves. The drug busts are great. And for every thug that is sitting in Blair County... you, the tax payer...are keeping them. They have huge pocketbooks...they post bail...and their victims sit if they're caught..and possibly die if they're not. I for one would like to see the law change. I understand that if you commit a crime in an area...its that area that puts you on trial. AND WE KEEP THEM TIL THEIR TRIAL DATE COMES TO PASS. I say send them back to the city from which they came and make them house them in their own prisons.

Anyway... I guess I just wanted to get that off my chest. I know the children busted in the crime wave. I know their families...and for a couple of them I will say this... if children come from homes where there is at least some support and discipline...and still find themselves in trouble....what do you expect to happen from these kids whose parents are sitting in jail with them????? A long time ago Hilary Clinton said it takes a village to raise a child... she may have been on to something. Go to the meetings. Listen. And do something about the drugs in this town. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID AND BELIEVE IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO YOUR FAMILY. Please. And Thank You.
moses lee
MVP Member

Post by moses lee »

De-Evolution
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

:shock: WOW!! :( Thank's for sharing that "Something to say." That certainly should be a wake up call for those who are still oblivous to what is happening around us.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

moses lee wrote:De-Evolution
:huh: .... do you seriously think so ??
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

I totally agree with you there Something To Say and I am the first to say,when it happen's to one of their kid's they will sing a different tune.
Calling these kid's names such as animal's,hit them with a ball bat,shoot them,there gonna pay...etc....
These are word's spoken out of the people who never had to deal with their little prince charming.

It's alway's the way the parent's have raised them.uh hu.......
That may be very true in some case's but few ....,but I know for a FACT that they were not born like that.

Parent's do what they can and then the outside world takes over,it's not alway's the parent's.
There's a few of these so called beliver's that need to step away from the word's of anger toward's these kid's and do what their not used to,and that is...care a little bit at the other person that walk's in them shoe's.

My kid's having a major drug problem and people tear him down when I'm busting my azz to bring him back up to selfworth,get the H E double L away from me,their no better than the person that sold him the drug's,why would I care what they have to say.

I have dealt that horrible road and it was no fault of my own that it happen so when people say animal,loaded gun's,I'm ready for them,etc...THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN THE DEALER.

Go to the town meeting at start with the younger group,save them,turn them around,then find a way to get to the older one's.
They steal right now,they burn right now,but there has not been a current murder yet,consider the town lucky,you have time to do something,go do it.

But don't ever call any of my kid's an animal,what they have done to you will never be as bad as what they did to me as a parent.When there born,that's your pride and joy,well when it happen's to you,that's the first two thing's that are taken from you as a parent.
Unlike some,I keep my door open, always waiting for a chance to make a differance.

By the way,I sit behind that door with a cup of coffee,waiting,I don't sit there with a loaded 357. :roll:
Take Care...Something To Say..God Bless ..SANTEEO
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

:shock: WOW !!! Thank you , Thank you, Thank you, for sharing that also Santeeo !!! That was VERY heartwarming !!! This is the kind if info. that people need to know. There are MANY people out here who are completely oblivious to the drug problem... including me. Yes, we "hear" about it... we see the "busts" coming down on TV... and we think.... good, they caught some more !! Most of the time we never consider the fact that these people may have been from a loving family, maybe even had a loving family of their own.... or, they were decent, law abiding citizens at one time.... or even the fact that there is someone out their watching this all come down... feeling guilty and grieving alone. I realize there are some bad seeds out there, don't get me wrong.
I agree with you about the name calling and, you're right... a lot of times society is at fault... getting out there into that big world, finding a good job and making a half way decent living is VERY hard to do these days... especially, the younger generation and those raising a family. I don't know how some of these people make ends meet. I'm sure depression starts setting in... bills start adding up...there's no light at the end of the tunnel...they start to experiment with drugs...they get high... they feel good...they are in their own little fake world of happiness and forget about what's on their shoulders and it just goes downhill from there. The more people try to get into their fake little world of happiness... the meaner they become and they don't care about anything anymore.... further on down that road there's a "Y" and that's where they, and they alone, have make the decision of their demise. If they are weak, if they don't have someone to love them, if they are alone and have no one to help them, and if they think that no one cares for them... they will definately fall be the wayside and will never get a second chance.
Somehow, someway... we need to stop the drugs filtering into our community. If EVERYBODY in our town somehow, someway could get together and share thoughts about this problem... give each other ideas as to where it's coming from, who is receiving it, and, where. I think we could really do something to stop this.
Something to say
MVP Member

"moses lee wrote:
De-Evolution

Explain please?
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

Is This right Moses Lee?...............De-Evolution

Nature is a cruel lover. Darwin told us that in nature the strong survive. This thinning process culminates in a focused gene pool that allows dominate traits and survival skills to be passed from one generation to the next. Examples of this are plenty in the animal kingdom. When an animal becomes injured it's left for dead. If animals are born that cannot fend for itself they are killed. When a lion becomes too old to manage it's pride it's overthrown by a younger and stronger lion. There is very little nurturing in nature. If you cannot survive, you die. Period.

Mankind on the other hand is 'above' animals. We have compassion, we have sympathy. We nuture our weak. We take people that cannot survive and we assist them. We reward an individual that cannot fend for oneself by fending for him. This is the humane thing to do of course.

By allowing the weak to survive we are of course bucking the nature of evolution. We pollute our gene pool by allowing these non-survivors the opportunity to breed this trait. Humankind is reaching a peak of evolution. As non-survival (weaker) traits become more and more dominant our culture, our society, our species will begin a progressively faster descent in deevolution.

Of course at some point we will deevolve to the point where compassion and sympathy are no longer an issue, more basic and animal instincts of survival will once again become the predominent selector in whom lives and dies. The trend will reverse itself and our gene pool will once again begin to evolve. What a cycle this would be.

First let me state that by no means am I an expert or even knowledgable in any of the things I'm tossing out there. This is by no means a call to weed out our society of the weak and malformed. This was just something that came across my thought process and I found it to be an interesting theory. Pick it apart, criticize it. Enhance it, change it. What you choose to do with the line of thought is of course yours to make.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

SANTEEO wrote:Is This right Moses Lee?...............De-Evolution

Nature is a cruel lover. Darwin told us that in nature the strong survive. This thinning process culminates in a focused gene pool that allows dominate traits and survival skills to be passed from one generation to the next. Examples of this are plenty in the animal kingdom. When an animal becomes injured it's left for dead. If animals are born that cannot fend for itself they are killed. When a lion becomes too old to manage it's pride it's overthrown by a younger and stronger lion. There is very little nurturing in nature. If you cannot survive, you die. Period.

Mankind on the other hand is 'above' animals. We have compassion, we have sympathy. We nuture our weak. We take people that cannot survive and we assist them. We reward an individual that cannot fend for oneself by fending for him. This is the humane thing to do of course.

By allowing the weak to survive we are of course bucking the nature of evolution. We pollute our gene pool by allowing these non-survivors the opportunity to breed this trait. Humankind is reaching a peak of evolution. As non-survival (weaker) traits become more and more dominant our culture, our society, our species will begin a progressively faster descent in deevolution.

Of course at some point we will deevolve to the point where compassion and sympathy are no longer an issue, more basic and animal instincts of survival will once again become the predominent selector in whom lives and dies. The trend will reverse itself and our gene pool will once again begin to evolve. What a cycle this would be.

First let me state that by no means am I an expert or even knowledgable in any of the things I'm tossing out there. This is by no means a call to weed out our society of the weak and malformed. This was just something that came across my thought process and I found it to be an interesting theory. Pick it apart, criticize it. Enhance it, change it. What you choose to do with the line of thought is of course yours to make.
Why not just give us the link and we could have read it ourself.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/fo ... 74898.html
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

banksy wrote:Why not just give us the link and we could have read it ourself.
Because I don't LINK you ........ lol........:rofl:
Beck

Post by Beck »

I also have a child who is a recovering addict, believe me I know the sorry and pain that comes along with the addiction. It's because of our knowledge of drugs and what they do to a family and to friendships that our family has tried to talk to the young adult boy that got into trouble. We've talked a few times to him and his family but like I said they only hear when they are ready to hear. That is why when they pass by my house I say a friendly hello... that way they know they are welcomed on my porch but it better be because they want help, not because they want to rob me! I would never turn my back on someone seeking help, and I also would have liked my child to have the same opportunities from people. Young people need to be better education about drug addiction. They need to know, and parents need to know that pain killers are a drug and if taken the wrong way, or for to long will lead to a serious addiction. Opiates are highly addictive.. pain killers are opiates, the same as heroin. Education needs to start early in the homes and in the schools. If it starts early enough maybe the child will learn about it before he drops out of high school and doesn't have the chance to hear the horror stories of what drug addiction does to families!
Don't give up on your kids that have addictions... No one sets out to become an addict, but sometimes it happens... get angry and let them know your angry but thru that anger find the solution... whether it be rehab, methadone or locking them in a room with a bucket, some blankets and someone to hold them.. and always use prayer... it works....
Something to say
MVP Member

Beck wrote:I also have a child who is a recovering addict, believe me I know the sorry and pain that comes along with the addiction. It's because of our knowledge of drugs and what they do to a family and to friendships that our family has tried to talk to the young adult boy that got into trouble. We've talked a few times to him and his family but like I said they only hear when they are ready to hear. That is why when they pass by my house I say a friendly hello... that way they know they are welcomed on my porch but it better be because they want help, not because they want to rob me! I would never turn my back on someone seeking help, and I also would have liked my child to have the same opportunities from people. Young people need to be better education about drug addiction. They need to know, and parents need to know that pain killers are a drug and if taken the wrong way, or for to long will lead to a serious addiction. Opiates are highly addictive.. pain killers are opiates, the same as heroin. Education needs to start early in the homes and in the schools. If it starts early enough maybe the child will learn about it before he drops out of high school and doesn't have the chance to hear the horror stories of what drug addiction does to families!
Don't give up on your kids that have addictions... No one sets out to become an addict, but sometimes it happens... get angry and let them know your angry but thru that anger find the solution... whether it be rehab, methadone or locking them in a room with a bucket, some blankets and someone to hold them.. and always use prayer... it works....
I am reminded of the nights I held my son in my arms while he went through withdrawl. He would scream out in agonizing pain unable to move ... his back ached. He vomited...he cried...and he vowed to never do it again. Until the next time. He once went to rehab for 14 mths and came out with a genuine desire to stay clean. His "friends" just couldn't stand it. I chased them off my property with a loaded 30.30 many times. Misery loves company. I remember wishing I had relatives out of town that would take him in until he was strong enough to make it on the outside. I begged for intervention. He faltered 5 months after he came home. An area doctor had a drug program...not meth... I cannot recall the name at this time .... my son on his own accord went through the program...paid for it himself. Was actually doing quite well... His friends climbed thru an upstairs window while we were away and stole his pills. He couldn't get anymore and the sickness of withdraw started all over again. And so it went.

My nightmare seemed never-ending. Then ... he began robbing--because his paycheck wasn't enough to feed his addiction. He finally came to the end of his rope and turned himself in to the State Police. I hate the fact that he is in prison. He assures me that he is safe and sound...and I no longer fear the phone ringing and the party on the other end asking me to come identify a body. I actually sleep now at night. I didn't give birth to and nurture my children to watch them destroy themselves with drugs. We talk. I've told them both they will have to earn my trust again. But there is one thing I know with absolute certainty. I will never again LIVE with addicts. Never.

I would not wish this life on any parent. And God forgive those who abuse drugs and alcohol in their children's presence. I would be curious to see the numbers...in print... how many people in Blair County have died over the past five years from drug/alcohol abuse. I would imagine the number would be appalling.

I believe we as a society put so much emphasis on celebrating everything with alcohol. For every television show that reports or teaches us the ill effects of drugs ( alcohol included ) ...3 more make it look attractive. ( who didn't love pacino in his coke soaked role ) Even most sporting events are endorsed by the beer advertisements. It makes me sick. And I'm certain people will read this and say ... Hey ..its not the beer...its the beer drinker. Its not the weed...it's the stoner... etc..etc...etc. Touchy subject. We want it all. But we don't want to deal with the problems associated with it.
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

Something to say wrote:We want it all. But we don't want to deal with the problems associated with it.
Humm both sides were pretty much stated.
The good,the bad,the ugly.

We heard from the victim's.
We heard from the parent's that love these kid's.

Let's decide...

Will we take on the robbery or will we take on the reason why of the robbery?

I decided to take them both on.
Call the police and go to the meeting's.

Let them put these program"s into affect.
Neighborhood Watch,Push out the Pusher,what ever it takes.
God Bless. :thumb: