LINCON SCHOOL

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
disneyqn71
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: LINCON SCHOOL

Post by disneyqn71 »

Just an idea, but why couldn't the building be torn down and a new executive 2 or 3 story suite be built in its place to possibily draw in some small business's? It could house realtors, physicians, CPA's, lawyers, mortgage brokers, investors, etc. Where in Tyrone is there any attractive commercial rentals to draw in any new buisness's? I am not a huge historian and therefore have no sentimental attachment to Lincoln School (other than junior high basketball games memories), so I believe that if it is truly in such horrible condition, then it needs to be torn down just like the YMCA. 8)
LKS

Post by LKS »

they should just raze it and plant grass like any other inhabitable property in tyrone and everywhere else
its a shame that a sound sturdy building has to rot and habitate rodents and osprey
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

Here's what they are doing with vacant lots in Philly:

http://www.healthdemocracy.org/pop.html

Pretty interesting, I interviewed the guy who is spearheading the project. Apparently, turning vacant lots into orchards has been successful in other cities.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

SoccerMom wrote:Here's what they are doing with vacant lots in Philly:

http://www.healthdemocracy.org/pop.html

Pretty interesting, I interviewed the guy who is spearheading the project. Apparently, turning vacant lots into orchards has been successful in other cities.
WOW, that sounds like a fabulous idea !! The area where the school is located would probably be too small to do something like that don't you think ?? That area they are contemplating on selling to Snyder Township would be the perfect spot for something like this. Eventually, somehow linking that in, with a bike trail, from that area, back in towards Vail and/or the Decker Hollow area's... into the reservoir park area's. Just thinkin'.... again :fogey:
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

The problem will be the razing of the building and what environmental hazards are discovered, including potential soil contamination and stuff.

I doubt anyone wants to touch it. Not the Boro (right Bill? :wink: ) and not S and A. Of course, I would think that building could/should be listed as condemned/blighted and the appropriate measures taken to go after S and A. The Boro Council already should have the experience at the very least from pursuing the YMCA.

Personally, I don't think that location is suitable for anything other than a few residential building lots or a local park and playground, which could only be a positive. I can't see it being a good commercial or professional development area because of the pain in the rear Lincoln Ave. is in order to get to that location.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

They could put a "Puff n Stuff" there, it would most likely go over well there. They could sell beer, diapers, and cheap smokes. That would put quite a few smiles on the faces of a lot of people. Just don't put in a hoag.... never mind.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

A local park and playground is a GREAT idea Bucktail !! Plant trees around... have a small pond with 'lil fisheys and a few park benches. Maybe a parking area just across the front part of Lincoln Ave. Put some kind of little thingy up to remind folks that, in this area, at one time stood our good old," Our's Is The School To Love" buildings.
Even if they find the area to be contaminated... they still have to do something with it... more so, ASAP, if it's contaminated :shock: .
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

They could recycle the bricks and incorporate them into the parking.. or retaining walls.. or whatever.

Realistically, the pond may be stretching things, though.
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

Nothing happen's real fast in Tyrone,does it? :stick:
LKS

Post by LKS »

why aren't they razing lincoln school and making it a park or " orchard" ????????? could it be they don't want riff raff invading the park like the one on pa avenue and 10th street???????? some people on cameron avenue are tired of looking at a brick building as there enjoyment.......if they razed it and made something productive they would be happy to sit on their porches and look onward.......and not to be hurtful but the waring house apartment building is a lot to be desired also
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

LKS wrote:why aren't they razing lincoln school and making it a park or " orchard" ????????? could it be they don't want riff raff invading the park like the one on pa avenue and 10th street???????? some people on cameron avenue are tired of looking at a brick building as there enjoyment.......if they razed it and made something productive they would be happy to sit on their porches and look onward.......and not to be hurtful but the waring house apartment building is a lot to be desired also

:huh: "Waring House Apartment Building".... where's that ??? :roll:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

SANTEEO wrote:Nothing happen's real fast in Tyrone,does it? :stick:
Some things take a little time to accomplish.... patience... when all the bricks are in the right place, just watch.... things will start to move.
LKS

Post by LKS »

the waring house apartments is the grey building that sat behind Mr Criders 4th grade classroom.......
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

LKS wrote:the waring house apartments is the grey building that sat behind Mr Criders 4th grade classroom.......
:roll: Dah, I'm sorry... I still don't know where you mean. Is it on Cameron Ave ??
LKS

Post by LKS »

the waring house apartments are located behind lincoln school and my parents live next to it as well as the family at the other end........(can't say their names because of the publishing)......i feel bad for the people who have to look at the front (lincoln avenue) and the back (cameron avenue).......does the police chief have to look ( NO) he is facing the lounge and the "hyper kid" room.......it used to be MRS
BEHRENS CLASSROOM........and the people that are along side of the school have to look at the rotting building as well........if i'm not mistaken the band director kris laird used to live in that house