LINCON SCHOOL

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
RyanMyers
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

LINCON SCHOOL

Post by RyanMyers »

Does anyone know whats happining to lincon school.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Re: LINCON SCHOOL

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

I think it's just still just sitting there... rotting from the inside out. Like a number of other buildings.
submarinerswife

Post by submarinerswife »

Too bad they didn't do something with that school like they did at Adams School.
LKS

Post by LKS »

my parents live behind lincoln school and i can tell you that from the porch you can see trees growing from the roof........if you go in their backyard you can see more than just trees growing.......before they boarded the windows and doors you could see drywall on the floors (from the back doors) and birds flying at the gymnasium windows and other windows facing cameron avenue......the 'pit that is behind the "teacher parking" has small trees and trash there........what will the people do who own this building is beyond me........even the "playground" is disgusting
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Doesn't S and A Homes own that? I believe that one former YMCA executive director, Garth Erickson or something, was involved in an idea to turn it into apartments or something. Whomever it was, that project was quickly abandoned for whatever reason.

Now that is a LARGE blighted property that will probably remain there rotting until it either becomes a danger to the general public, collapses on its own, or the boro forces the owners to do something about it.

Maybe G and R can cut a deal for the purchase of that. Wonder if that building is full of copper pipes?
LKS

Post by LKS »

the building has to be torn down.......my mother and other residents who live behind there have seen rats along the sidewalks and on the streets and what makes it bad is the chief of police also lives behind the so called school......i agree that the building should be torn down.......
geric3

Post by geric3 »

In roughly 2000, the owner of the building, then S&A Homes, approached me at the Y to use part of the building for our child care, after school and do senior programming. 3/4 of the building was to be made into apartments for seniors. The rest would be YMCA space.
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

To continue what Garth said, S&A brought it up to Garth and the YMCA Board. We took a wait and see approach to see what they were going to do with the building.

Needless to say, nothing has been done about it.

To suggest that Garth had anything to do with the project is wrong. Garth was approached that the YMCA would be tenant not the owner. It would have expanded the gym facilities and also a place for the pre-school and senior programs.

S&A are the people who have not done anything with the building and the Borough hasn't done anything to make sure they do.
sissy31696

Post by sissy31696 »

and in case many of you might not have noticed, the borough is currently without a code enforcement officer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a help wanted ad in the paper on saturday.......................
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

geric3 wrote:In roughly 2000, the owner of the building, then S&A Homes, approached me at the Y to use part of the building for our child care, after school and do senior programming. 3/4 of the building was to be made into apartments for seniors. The rest would be YMCA space.
.... and ??? Wahappened ?? :roll: Jeeze, can you imagine ?? 3/4's of the building made into senior apartments... and a YMCA beside it... and on the other side...child care/senior programing :huh: That should make for a nice quiet neighborhood.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

submarinerswife wrote:Too bad they didn't do something with that school like they did at Adams School.
You are so right !! It's a shame they let it go this long. It's going to be just like the YMCA.... too far gone, and too expensive to repair. Plus, if there are mice and rats running around and living in there... that, in itself, is a public health concern. Oh, what a shame :(.
LKS

Post by LKS »

its a shame that people not only on cameron avenue but lincoln avenue has to look at....not to mention the traffic on lincoln avenue.......to me they should just raze the building and plant grass there...its too far gone for human habitation....thats sad to say but rats, birds and bats have found a permanent home there and it will be costly to get rid of them should they decide to make it into something
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

sissy31696 wrote:and in case many of you might not have noticed, the borough is currently without a code enforcement officer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean that there already was a code enforcement officer in Tyrone prior to that ad going in the paper? HAHAHA :rofl: .... could've fooled me. Talk about one who, in my opinion, had a habit of turning a blind eye to some major issues around town (YMCA building as an example) while jumping on other people about small stuff. A proven record of inconsistency is my belief.

2Cents - I agree, it is a major health concerned for those living around that place. I'm sure there are just more than birds, rats, and mice inhabiting the place. However, I would tend to believe that some council members, boro solicitors, and state regulators would disagree with that issue until an enormous infestation and a large amount of sickness occurs to the properties and the people in that vicinity. :banghead:

At least that property has an appropriate sized fence to keep people out and the building in unlike a certain building on Logan Ave. :roll:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

sissy31696 wrote:and in case many of you might not have noticed, the borough is currently without a code enforcement officer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom L. did a supurb job as the past codes enforcement officer. I bet he is greatly missed. It will take a very special person to fill his shoes.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Sorry Bucktail I didn't mean to contradict you... we were posting at the same time that time. I understand what you are saying in your post... I'm sure he could only do as much as possible, considering some of the circumstances he had to contend with. I pity anyone who takes on that job, since there is so much hanging out there that needs "fixed."