Haunted Places??

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
RedhairNFreckles
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Haunted Places??

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

OK, I admit, I love ghost stories! Always have, always will. Did you know that Tyrone is listed as having a haunting? Look it up at, http://theshadowlands.net and look for the "Haunted Places Index" for Pennsylvania. Not only does Tyrone have a haunting (I'm sure there are more than just one, but only one is listed) but so does Altoona: Horseshoe Curve, Lakemont Park, Baker Mansion, Wapsononock Mountain and Sinking Valley's: Fort Roberdeau. Go ahead and read them....I dare ya! :wall:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Re: Haunted Places??

Post by My2Cents »

:shock: :roll: WOW !!
watcher
MVP Member

Post by watcher »

Welcome back RedHairNFreckles! Not sure about hauntings, but it's nice to have you back on board.... :thumb:
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

Supposedly there is an area by Blue Knob that is supposed to be haunted, where those children became lost in the 1800s. I think the Mirror did a feature on it last year. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

SoccerMom wrote:Supposedly there is an area by Blue Knob that is supposed to be haunted, where those children became lost in the 1800s. I think the Mirror did a feature on it last year. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
I think it's in that web site RedhairNFreckles submitted above. That certainly is a very interesting web site. I think they are calling it blue mountain that site....
RedhairNFreckles

watcher wrote:Welcome back RedHairNFreckles! Not sure about hauntings, but it's nice to have you back on board.... :thumb:
Thanks, watcher....glad to be back after my self-imposed "time out" :lol:
dolphinocn

Post by dolphinocn »

Thanks for shareing this website. I was reading all night last night. Find this info to be so interesting. Strange thing is the story about baughmens cemetery says about a horse you can see on a full moon night. A friend of mine has a picture that was taken there and you can actually see an outline of a horse in the pic that was taken, and alot of orbs. NEAT!!
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

dolphinocn wrote:Thanks for shareing this website. I was reading all night last night. Find this info to be so interesting. Strange thing is the story about baughmens cemetery says about a horse you can see on a full moon night. A friend of mine has a picture that was taken there and you can actually see an outline of a horse in the pic that was taken, and alot of orbs. NEAT!!
:shock: ... Wow, that's something to actually have a picture of it. I agree, I too have been reading thru that web site and it is very interesting. The moon will be full tomorrow.... :roll: .
watcher
MVP Member

Post by watcher »

It's funny how creepy things in some way appeals to nearly everyone...I remember when I was a kid going with a bunch of others to a graveyard because we thought it would be kind of cool to go when the moon was full. We actually saw a huge cross right in front of the gate, and when we came back next day in the morning...no cross! I never had an explanation for that, but it was strange. To me, it says I'd rather not be walking around in dark graveyards at night (although I do like graveyards...I know it's weird) unless I'm with someone with a big club and their running shoes. I can actually think of better things to do under a full moon than look for ghosts... :roll:
RedhairNFreckles

You might have guessed that behind my interest in ghosts, there is a story. It happened in Tyrone too. Many years ago, a girlfriend and me were walking up Adams Ave. and we were around 13 years old. We came upon an old house that was in disrepair, sitting among other old houses. I looked up and saw an old, bearded, shabby-looking man in great need of a haircut that appeared to be sitting at a kitchen window and he was laughing at us. Only his head was visable to me. I pointed and yelled for my friend to, "Look at that old man staring at us!" When she and I looked again, he was gone. Later that evening I told my grandmother what had happened (they lived on Columbia Ave.) and exactly what house it was. I remember she had me repeat the whole story again and explain to her what house it was. She was an honest, Christian woman but I could tell she was really shaken and then she explained to me who that man was, that he was a recluse and that he had passed away in that house several years before. The house had remained empty and no one lived there anymore. Maybe not physically he didn't.....
watcher
MVP Member

Post by watcher »

I had a friend when I was growing up, (actually my neighbor), who LOVED anything to do with scary, haunting, ghosts, etc. We formed a club to solve mysteries, and I still have to say, I do love suspense...anything like that, as long as it's not too gory. I have too vivid of an imagination to watch violent stuff, I would always be up all night. For years, actually, I used to plan out escape routes in case anyone broke into my house. However, thankfully, I don't have that problem anymore...thank God! My friend is still a little creepy, though, but I still like to hang out, occasionally! :D
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

I was at my daughter's dance class the other evening and one of the other mothers there was talking about a friend of hers whose joined a "Ghost Hunters" type of group in the area. They go around to supposedly haunted places and take readings and everything. I guess she's seen some pretty scarey stuff!

Also, finally got around to looking at the above Web site, very interesting. It was cool to look up my hometown, college town, etc. and read about some places I've heard of and new ones too. Did anyone notice how many there were for Penn State? Okay, now I'm afraid to go to work tomorrow...
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

Haunted place... go up Janesville Pike and see Sylvia.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Harlow wrote:Haunted place... go up Janesville Pike and see Sylvia.
Have you seen her?

You don't put any stock in all this cold fusion mumbo-jumbo do you? (name that movie!)
RedhairNFreckles

Here's one more.....another Tyrone mystery. Right after I graduated from high school in FL, I decided to spend the summer with my grandparents who lived on Columbia Ave. I met a very nice, cute local boy right away and we had a sweet, little "summer romance" going on. One night, we decided to walk all around the neighborhood, just holding hands and getting to know each other. It was getting late and I had a curfew so we decided to cut down a couple of alleys so that I could make my curfew on time. As we turned the corner on one of them, I looked up at a small, worn out garage or shed. I pointed out to my friend, there was a shadow, caused by a street light or the moonlight, and it "looks like someone is hanging"! He then told me that someone had indeed once hung himself in that same shed years ago. I asked my grandmother later if it was true, and she confirmed it was.
Let me just say this, I am NOT one who is easily scared or always looking for the unexplained to happen. But, I have had many questionable things happen to me over the years. Since I am presently living mostly in FL, and there are PLENTY of cemeteries around here :fogey: , I just might venture out some night with my camera and try to capture some "orbs". With my luck, I'll probably get busted for "Disturbing the Peace" or something....