Tyrone Success Story

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
smboats
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Tyrone Success Story

Post by smboats »

RE: postcards. Years ago, I was wandering through a collectibles show at the Harrisburg
East Mall, when I came across a Tyrone postcard showing the house at the corner of Lincoln Ave and 11th St.. Just for grins, I purchased the card and gave it to my mother. After she read the note on the back, she realized the card had been sent from a boy to her aunt asking for a date when he came to town for a baseball game. That boy eventually became her uncle, and we never did find out how the postcard ended up with a collector.
s
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

smboats, I love that story! It's like the postcard had a life of it's own and finally came full circle.
For being almost 100 years old, these cards I have are in perfect condition. Even the hand-colored ones aren't faded, each one was put in a protective sleeve by someone (?). I just can't force myself to separate from them and plan on making a special scrapbook to hold them all. Then my 2 grown kids, can fight over them after I'm gone..... :fogey: :stick: :slap:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Do a search on eBay for "Tyrone PA" and you will see quite a few Tyrone postcards for sale.