A Question

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
SoccerMom
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

A Question

Post by SoccerMom »

I have a question, hopefully someone here can answer. Who do you call when you repeatedly see kids (preschool age) not buckled in and hanging out the back window of their car as its going down the street? Would you still call the Tyrone police, even if you don't live in town (Warriors Mark)?

Unfortunately I'm off to a funeral home this evening, so I won't be able to check this board until tomorrow. I hope someone can point me in the right direction before a tragedy occurs.
Mommamoo

Re: A Question

Post by Mommamoo »

I believe the police have to actually see the children hanging out the window, but I would alert the State Police for Warriors Mark, that it's going on so they can be on the look out for them. Tell the name of the people and the make and color of the vehicle. You know, they give a living human being to anyone who can give birth, without instructions, but if we go to the store and buy a toaster, there's all kinds of instructions. Great, isn't it?
Because He Lives
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I would say you call the police department whose jurisdiction the infraction occurs, regardless if you know where the live or not. Mommanoo, not so sure the toaster analogy makes sense, although I understand the point you are trying to make. Technically, there are 'instructions' in the form of parenting classes for new parents, but its optional.
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

Yes, they live just down the road from me so I know where they live. I could even get their license plate number. I'll have to call the State Police next time I see them going down the street, thanks for the suggestion! I've also seen them leaving Tipton with their kids hanging out the window, so I know they're not just doing this going down our little road. I know if they got into some sort of accident, or even if the car had to stop suddenly, they could be killed. They are hanging out the windows so far I'm afraid they could fall out. Why do people like this have kids???
Beck

Post by Beck »

When I had my kids they were never in car seats... but I'll tell you what my car doesn't move now unless my grand daughter is in her car seat!! how times change!
sissy31696

Post by sissy31696 »

I remember the day when my daughter finally reached the proposed weight limit to be allowed to go without a car seat, oh how excited I was for that DAY!!!!! But my daughter was mad, she couldn't see out the window unless she was in the booster seat, so nonetheless we kept her in the car seat until she was tall enough to look out the window on her own.......

I have a strict rule the car does not move unless all kids are in their car seats, or belts are buckled!!!! Even the 3 yr old neighbor boy complies. :bluebounce:

I see the cars all the time, passing by my house, and running a 4 way stop sign, and not a kid is belted or in a seat. I have even spotted a few cars zipping by with little ones on their laps in the front seat!!!! :stick: But where are the cops when we the general public see this????? :eek:
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

So true, where are the cops when you need them? How can they not see two little kids hanging out the window? The next time I see them going down the road like that, I'll have to call the state police and hope they can spot them. Maybe if these people get fined, they'll change their ways.
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

I like driving the pick up.No rules apply,lol. :rofl:
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

After several accidents in Franklin, NC, involving people riding in the beds of pickup trucks and them getting thrown out and killed, they have passed a law that it is illegal to ride in the truck beds. It has helped to save lives when those trucks flip, which happens all too frequently on those winding mountain roads.
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

My kid's don't ride in the back of my pick up,they ride with me.When their with me,no rule's apply.It's a guy thang!!! :rofl:
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

Gotcha :thumb:
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

RedhairNFreckles,That's good,Because I wasn't trying to upset you in anyway.
I love my 2 boy's.
They like dad's truck,lol. :rofl:

I did have a friend of mine who did fall off of the back of the truck his dad was driving around an old mountain road,omg,it was something,I will never forget it.

There was 8 of us in the back of his dad's truck.
It wasn't good...........the kid was okay,but just watching it happen,gee's,that wake up call haunt's me even to this day with my own boy's.

Now keep in mind,that was way back when there was no seat belt law's.