Political discussion - Iraq

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Luke
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Political discussion - Iraq

Post by Luke »

banksy wrote:No offense, but Christians and Catholics have waged war with Muslims for thousands of years. Bush is a modern day Richard the Lion Heart.

That is certainly not offensive...it is the truth. I just wish our leaders would learn!
Conan_the_Hoagarian

Post by Conan_the_Hoagarian »

banksy wrote:Yertle the Turtle, as slow and dumb as usual, and quite unoriginal.
Sounds like you two are pretty evenly matched.

This should be quite the foot race.
In hoagie wars, the only victim is good taste.
DonkeyHoagie

Post by DonkeyHoagie »

Conan_the_Hoagarian wrote:
banksy wrote:Yertle the Turtle, as slow and dumb as usual, and quite unoriginal.
Sounds like you two are pretty evenly matched.

This should be quite the foot race.
My money's on the turtle.
Jerry, I know myself. And if I'm on the streets, and it starts to go down, I don't back off, until it's finished.
http://www.dotpenn.com
moses lee
MVP Member

Post by moses lee »

I think one of the first operations titles by Washington, and presented by the Prez. had the word crusade in it. Is my memory correct on that?
Luke

Post by Luke »

Well continue to kill and have your wars. Your total lack of respect for humanity will be revealed on Judgement Day. Lord, come quickly.
Conan_the_Hoagarian

Post by Conan_the_Hoagarian »

Luke wrote:Well continue to kill and have your wars. Your total lack of respect for humanity will be revealed on Judgement Day. Lord, come quickly.
Coming from such a humanitarian, that's an intriguing invocation.

...if you can't beatem, smitem.
In hoagie wars, the only victim is good taste.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Luke wrote:Well continue to kill and have your wars. Your total lack of respect for humanity will be revealed on Judgement Day. Lord, come quickly.

Shows your lack of Biblical knowledge. I am not asking for them to be stricken down. I am asking for the 2nd coming of our Lord so we don't have to endure this any longer. However, we are just in the early birth pains at this point from what I see.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

Luke wrote: ... so we don't have to endure this any longer.
Endure what? A war? A military conflict?

Disease, AIDS, Cancer, MRSA?

Drought, famine, pestilence?

Every little bad thing that affects the way some people have to live or chooses to live?

Come on... this is just a part of human nature and a part of life. Deal with it, adapt with it, and overcome it. That's not just the American spirit, but the human spirit for most people. God isn't going to come a second time to "bring the reckoning" just for that.

My suggestion if you really need to see God, go to Him. I'm not finished with the stuff I need to do and want to do. So, in other words, I'm not ready for Him to come yet. I can continue to "endure".
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

I am keeping an eye on this thread very closely. Please keep it civil, or stay out of the discussion. This warning is not to any one individual, it is to all participants.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
yertle

Post by yertle »

Luke wrote:

Shows your lack of Biblical knowledge. I am not asking for them to be stricken down. I am asking for the 2nd coming of our Lord so we don't have to endure this any longer. However, we are just in the early birth pains at this point from what I see.
Biblical knowledge is not the only wisdom. Your Western centrism has blinded your heart. This type of cultural imperialism makes us the target of world hatred. Shame on you brother.

“Your powerful radiance is burning the entire universe, and filling it with splendor, O Krishna.”
Luke

Post by Luke »

I am simply saying that the Bible indicates that what we are seeing will just be the beginning of the end time. There are places in the Bible we are told to pray for the Lord to come quickly. Yes I can endure too but all the folks who don't get the chance to endure is what breaks my heart. I am not trying to be an extremist just an observer with an Biblical perspective.

GO EAGLES. Lord come quickly after Friday....is that better?
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

People have been saying and using the Bible as a reference for "the end of time approaching" for well over 50 years.... it's a cop out in thinking that nothing can be worse that the time we live in.... like when your parents talk about how they had to walk uphill both to and from school in -20 degree weather. Just for reference, can you post a few of the books/verses from the Bible that indicate we are to pray for the Lord to come quickly ... I'd like to read them and see how I interpret them.
Old Sgt

Post by Old Sgt »

This is from someone who has been to the war on terror. It doesn't matter how or why it started but as a soldier who is about to head back this summer, All I know is we have to finish it. I'd rather we fight them over there, with soldiers, than fight them here with innocent Americans being killed. Part of the problem for the average americans is the style of reporting done by our press. Good news doesn't make headlines. Bad news does. A lot of my friends have done several tours and they talk of the major progress we are making. Just look at Anbar prov as an example. last year every mission was a contact. This year reporters don't even wear body armor or K pot anymore.
Repubs or Dems it doesn't matter. If there was a Dem prez the repubs would be screaming about the war instead of the other way around. Congress voted to send the troops to war and must stick by it.

Bottom line: We will win, we must win, we have no choice but to win!

I will send posts from "down range" this summer to try and give an honest assesment of how things are going. :steelers:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Old Sarge: Define win. What is the plan? What is the end game? A Burger King on every corner? I can't speak for anyone else, but don't confuse the fact that I support the tropps 100%, both in heart and financially, but I do not see where we will win the war unless win is counted in number of their deaths versus ours. I wish you a good tour filled with safety and comradeship with your fellow grunts.
DonkeyHoagie

Post by DonkeyHoagie »

Irrelevant content removed - Knock it off - Rick
Jerry, I know myself. And if I'm on the streets, and it starts to go down, I don't back off, until it's finished.
http://www.dotpenn.com