Political discussion - Iraq

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Luke
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Political discussion - Iraq

Post by Luke »

Please post any Democratic advertisements above my posts. Further anything that will help to wake up America that we need out of this war would be appreciated.
yertle

Re: Google ads.

Post by yertle »

Luke wrote:Please post any Democratic advertisements above my posts. Further anything that will help to wake up America that we need out of this war would be appreciated.
Dude. I couldn't agree more. This war is harshin my mellow.
When it all started they were all like "whoa", and we were like "whoa", and they were like "whoa...”
And then Bush, takin' on the shia and sunni's. He's got serious thrill issues, dude.
Maybe if we just ignore the terrorists, they'll go away.
Thats how I get rid of my parents when they start yellin at me about gettin a job.
Luke

Re: Google ads.

Post by Luke »

I am not saying to ignore terrorists. What I am saying is that we have gone in destroyed the infrastructure of a country, mortgaged the future of our children's children. Our bridges are falling down, our schools need help, our people need help. Go look at what is happening in big city USA where there are all kinds of terrorists called gangs. We went over there after 911 to Afghanastan....Agreed good move. We went to Iraq...bad move. Say what you might but PLEASE look at the crime statistics.

Look at how many of our people are killed in THIS country by gangs, drugs, drunken drivers. That is a much bigger threat at this time to our society. You can't tell me that we don't have the ability to use special operations teams and go in and surgically remove the things we fear most. The billions and billions of dollars we spend on this just doesn't make sense.

We are operating out of fear. I am a registered Republican but would never vote for a Republican president in this cycle.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Re: Political discussion

Post by Rick »

This discussion has been split from my Google ad information post due to off topic subject matter. I will allow this thread to continue, but will not allow it to become malicious and derogatory towards ANY side of the fence. We all have loved ones in the miliary, and we all have opinions on the subject matter. Do not make me lock the thread, please. :flag:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

The lead candidates leave far more to be desired as well... Hillary is already starting to flip-flop... and every sentence Guliani says has a noun, a verb, and 9/11 in it.
zapatista

Post by zapatista »

Regardless of your personal feelings about our invasion or it's effectiveness in curbing terrorism abroad, - we're there. Our actions destabilized Iraq and now we bear the responsibility of re-establishing order. Simply pulling out because we no longer have the stomach to clean up our mess is not only cowardly, it's p*ss poor policy. Granted we've made mistakes in winning the peace but they'd all pale in comparison with a premature withdrawal. We've already invested billions of dollars in this effort. It'd be a d*mn shame if all it bought us was another Afghanistan.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

I agree, Zapatista.

We are already fighting hundreds, if not thousands, of terrorists in Iraq. If we pull out and the country goes into turmoil and h*ll, you can bet that we'll be battling hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

And not only abroad, but at home.
banksy
MVP Member

Re: Political discussion - Iraq

Post by banksy »

Let's see what you guys think when the war monger attacks Iran as well. Let a UN peace keeping force come in to Iraq for stabilization.
Conan_the_Hoagarian

Post by Conan_the_Hoagarian »

banksy wrote:Let's see what you guys think when the war monger attacks Iran as well. Let a UN peace keeping force come in to Iraq for stabilization.
I agree with Banksy. In order to mount a successful invasion of Iran, we need to hand off peace keeping responsibilities in Iraq to the UN.
In hoagie wars, the only victim is good taste.
10-81

Post by 10-81 »

I don't disagree that another force could be useful in helping to stabilize the country. However, the UN is an organization that has outlived its usefulness. They don't take a hard line on many if any problem nations and their rules of engagement don't allow their forces to engage unless they are directly threatened. UN forces are not going to do any good if they sit on the sidelines and watch the fight.
zapatista

Post by zapatista »

Conan_the_Hoagarian wrote:
banksy wrote:Let's see what you guys think when the war monger attacks Iran as well. Let a UN peace keeping force come in to Iraq for stabilization.
I agree with Banksy. In order to mount a successful invasion of Iran, we need to hand off peace keeping responsibilities in Iraq to the UN.
Banksy is definitely on the right track - he would make an able Commander.
However, I have to agree with 10-81, the UN would have an extraordinarily tough time maintaining order in Iraq.
yertle

Post by yertle »

zapatista wrote: Banksy is definitely on the right track - he would make an able Commander.
If Banksy attacks the enemy the way he does the dessert buffet at Hoss's, we'll be unstoppable.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Yertle the Turtle, as slow and dumb as usual, and quite unoriginal.
Luke

Post by Luke »

I agree with those who say we are there we have to deal with the problem. The problem is that we cannot afford this war either in financial terms or political terms. If you think about the statement "What would have Jesus done?" in terms of Iraq I think we would all have to agree that our actions are as far away from what his response would have been as one can get. We espouse to be a Christian nation but we certainly aren't being good witnesses to those who religion differs from ours. I just hope the next president has the ability to use diplomacy matched with a keen use of our military forces and gets us out of some of the situations we are in at the present time. Just someone please get us to a place where we feel that "yes" that make sense and we can support what you are doing with our kids.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

No offense, but Christians and Catholics have waged war with Muslims for thousands of years. Bush is a modern day Richard the Lion Heart.