Christmas Gifts

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Christmas Gifts

Post by banksy »

Ok, what did you get for Christmas. I got a down vest, which is a great gift considering I hate bulky winter jackets, and a Charging Station. The wife got some knew kitchen knives, a knife sharpener (everyone said to get a woman diamonds, so there you go), the game catch phrase, a bigger diaper bag for the new addition coming in June, and a mack daddy XPS laptop from Dell.

The little one got some giant legos thata re in a big cart to pull around, a Cleveland Indians spring jacket, some new jammies, a Barney phone, and a few other presents a 15 month old would want.
Butterball

Re: Christmas Gifts

Post by Butterball »

The kids recieved a Fisher Price star station (karaoke), an aquadoodle mat, playdough, and some mega blocks. The kids are 2 and 3 and we also have one on the way in April. My wife and I purchased a new stand for the TV and some DVD's, Bourne ultimatum and Polar Express. We are trying to get another bedroom ready to move our 2yr old son into and keep his current bedroom a nursery. We are getting together with family over the weekend... I hope to find a range finder to assist with my archery hunting.

We made a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus this morning with the kids. They enjoyed having cake at breakfast.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who gives me strenth
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

I got M-O-N-E-Y.... which is all I wanted so I could pay off the presents my 2 kids got, as well as to buy building materials to build a larger closet for my daughter. Which is now needed to put all the Christmas crap in there.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Sweet charging station banksy!

I got sneakers, hey I'm easy to shop for! Also got a gift card for Home Depot for more home remodeling, and a replica of my car, matchbox style.

Kids have been busy with Army guys, board games, and a TV/Piano.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

--Rick
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

I got a new cookie cookbook (no Spanish Bar Cake recipes in that one...boo hoo), 2 other books, a homemade yarn wreath my 10 yr. old granddaughter made(love it, love it, love it), a Christmas themed, framed, professional done photograph of all 5 grandkids (my pride and joys), and a 2008 season pass to Dollywood, which they honor the last week of 2007 so everyone can experience the Christmastime at Dollywood. Both kids and their families always buy season passes every other year and since I spend as much time in NC as here, we make several trips a year over to TN to Dollywood (only a little over an hour away from where we all live in NC). In fact, we will all be in Dollywood on December 30th (Sunday) of this year, before they close the park until Spring. I love Dollywood at Christmastime.....decorations, lights, Christmas shows, Babes In Toyland night parade, fun rides, the whole enchilada. Makes me feel like a kid again everytime I go there!

This Thursday, as part of their Christmas gift from me, we are all going to Sea World in Orlando for the day. Then packing up on Friday and on Saturday we're caravaning together and heading up to NC. I'm staying at my little, 'ol farm for the month of January. Hope to see some snow and put that fireplace to work!
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Rick wrote:a replica of my car, matchbox style.
What kind of car? Please tell me you have a 'cuda!
moses lee
MVP Member

Post by moses lee »

Let's see, My wife got gold jewelry , 1yr. gift cert. for tanning bed. gift cert. for hair dresser. She bought these herself because it saves her a trip to the returns desk( if I would buy the gifts). "ie" Cheap jewelry, wrong tanning bed and hairdresser. My two sons got clothes and socket sets (so they quit taking mine and not returning them.) Daughters-in-law got clothes and new pots and pans to ensure better food preparation for when Father-in-law visits. The Grandkids got
bicycles 1ea. a total of 5 Two had to be assembled But that was okay because I had two socket sets to choose from (pay back) They also got clothes, I pods, and stocking stuffers.
I bought the oldest grandaughter an acoustic guitar, She matter of factly told me as she was leaving (with the guitar and gig bag slung over her shoulder) "You can have that guitar back pap" Refering to my old fender acoustic. Ah yes Christmas. I was grateful to have ole Therapy #1 back. I got a Carhartt "work" coat (I think there is a meaning in there somewhere) A Carhartt shirt, a Carhartt wool cap, and a dremel tool. Yep, there is a hint there somewhere. Like quit playing so much guitar, writting so much poetry, and start doing more work on this 80yr old house that I lovingly call Green Acres.
The best part though is the Gathering of family and FOOD! Ah yes, Now where did I put those antacids.
Luke

Post by Luke »

The greatest gift I received this day was baby Jesus who brings us all the gift of eternal life. My earthly gifts to celebrate this wondrous day were a Magellan 3250 GPS, A carved Penn State Clock and a few other items that are very useful including some more wind up flashlights! Hope everyone has a great break and let's trust the Steelers to give us a gift in the post season!
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

banksy wrote:
Rick wrote:a replica of my car, matchbox style.
What kind of car? Please tell me you have a 'cuda!
Man, I wish! h*ll, make it a convertible to boot.

I drive a 2004 GTO...
Evangeline 1
Evangeline 1
Evangeline 2
Evangeline 2
Evangeline 3
Evangeline 3
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

My son got an acoustic guitar too! I used to play a bit and he wants to start taking lessons. He also got a Gameboy, a few games, action figures and some other things. My daughter got Bratz dolls (so ugly!!!) cheerleading and dance dvds, books, etc. They both got Disney digital cameras so they'll stop stealing my cell phone to take pictures. Best of all I got a new microwave; one that doesn't turn on by itself, and doesn't require a wack to the side for it to stop. Also, hubby installed it above my stove, freeing up counter space in my kitchen! :thumb:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

SoccerMom wrote:My son got an acoustic guitar too! I used to play a bit and he wants to start taking lessons.
Do you mind me asking what age your son is? I would like to eventually direct my son to lessons on piano, guitar and violin and see if any stick, but was wondering around what age people start lessons.
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

Hi Banksy, what a nice picture! Anyway, my son is turning 8 in February, and that is the age I started taking lessons. It depends in part on the size of your child's hands and length of his fingers. Take him with you to a music store and have try holding different guitars to see what will work. The sales staff should be able to assist you. We ended up with a child's size acoustic, even though he originally wanted an electric guitar. He just felt more comfortable holding and playing the acoustic. Also, please don't purchase the First Act guitars that are sold at Walmart and Target. They're junk. The strings are so stiff you can't press them down to play a note. Plus, at a music store you can ask questions, they'll give you advice, point you in the right direction for lessons, etc. Well worth the extra money in my opinion.

The guitar is a great instrument for a kid to start out on and learn how to read music. I didn't keep up with the guitar too much, but taught myself how to play piano, which I still play.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

woohoo... I got a digital camera....lol. I'm not much into techy stuff so this thrilled me. New cell phone and a few other personals.

Bought my other half a die cast replica of a Smith Truck and a new microphone and headset, tools, along with a few personals.

Daughter got an mp3 player which does not work...clothes and more clothes, and personals.

My elderly mother was more thrilled with the bows and packaging than any gift she received...lol.

And my Goddaughter gave me a most treasured gift... her report card..... all A's.

Hoping you all enjoy a Blessed and Joyous New Year.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas... that's GREAT !!! I can't believe it's been here and gone already !!! Guess what I got for Christmas ?? I got .... I got my laundry done.
Hey Banksy, that is a great picture of you and family... my gosh, it just seems like yesterday when you posted on here about your first trip to the hospital and your first new addition... he's a cutie!! Also, congrats on the up coming event !! We'll be staying tuned. :D
I am sending my best wishes to ALL of you for a New Year full of happiness, peace, and good health throughout !!