Do You Agree with the new TAHS Coaching Proposal?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.

Yes
40%
No
53%
Maybe
7%

Total votes: 15

zapatista

Post by zapatista »

I read this today and it really has me upset.
It looks like Tyrone is considering using feedback from the crowd to make coaching decisions. :banghead:
I for one don't think this should be allowed. Do you?

Here's the opening quote from the article.

"Following a controversial season, representatives from Tyrone Area High School’s football staff say they will now get the okay from the crowd before they make any on-field decisions."

Link to Full Article

-
yertle

Re: Do You Agree with the new TAHS Coaching Proposal?

Post by yertle »

Outrageous!
exbellwoodian

Post by exbellwoodian »

This is rediculous. Let the coaches do their job and stay out of their way. If you don't like the job they are doing, take it up with the school board. The coaches should be concentrating on the game at hand, not "pleasing" the arm-chair quarterbacks that think they can do better.

NO!
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

If you haven't figured it out, the above site is not a news website, it is more of an "news in my head" site... :wink:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

Tyrone football fans have no idea how good they have it. How can you ever question anything John Franco does, and I mean anything. Some of the Seniors on the team should be embarrassed by how they treated Coach Franco. Let me say this, barring injury, Johnny Franco is the best player on that team and to have lost that player before the season started and still go undefeated is a monumental accomplishment to Coach Franco and staff.

Fans who do not exhibit the behavior that was witnessed by the malcontents should stand up and say something to those loud mouths who feel they have a right to criticize. There are far to many "why doesn't my son play more" horse-crap. Again, if Franco feels there is a reason to punt on first down, I say go for it, because let's face it, the past 10 years of pleasure and the state title that Tyrone has enjoyed would NEVER have been seen without John Franco and his family. The commitment his wife makes to allow him to be gone and spending hours with the athletes is not something that could have been easy. The Franco's are deserving of a big thank-you and we're sorry from some people. Those of you know who you are.
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

Excellent points, Banksy! I wasn't at that football game, but when I read about it in the paper and heard about what was said about the kids and the Francos, I was angry. People were making comments about kids whose family and friends were probably sitting beside them in the stands. To the people that say "my kid is really good and should be playing more" or "the coach is playing favorites"; coaches want to win, more than anything. They are going to put in any players or call any plays that they think will accomplish this. I hear these comments at basketball games too. Trust me, there is a good reason your kid isn't playing more!
nerf1225

Post by nerf1225 »

I must say, I found the site quite funny. The coaching entry is extra funny, as is the Amish/I-99 post. Keep it up!!! :lol:
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

:rofl: That's one of the best satires I've read ; and the fact that the voting is 6-5-1 proves why the mere thought of the topic has about as much chance of ever happening anywhere as pigs sprouting wings. That was great! lol.
Conan_the_Hoagarian

Post by Conan_the_Hoagarian »

-

Looks like the No votes are gaining momentum.

That's ashame, I was looking forward to seeing the applause-o-meter in action.

-
In hoagie wars, the only victim is good taste.
Butterball

Post by Butterball »

I thought the article was cute except for the drunken fans watching the game. I can't believe this is getting such a rise out of so many people when it isn't even true. That part is funny to me.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who gives me strenth
Luke

Post by Luke »

The satire is truer to life for some of theese football fanatics then many of us would like to admit. If you seriously offered this idea to some of the guys they would actually think it was the way to make our team better. All over this country high school coaches go through this nonsense. The good ones just do their best to turn it off and remember that they are in this for the kids and for the fun that comes with success.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

Luke wrote:The satire is truer to life for some of theese football fanatics then many of us would like to admit. If you seriously offered this idea to some of the guys they would actually think it was the way to make our team better. All over this country high school coaches go through this nonsense. The good ones just do their best to turn it off and remember that they are in this for the kids and for the fun that comes with success.

:thumb:
Beck

Post by Beck »

It's been a while since the last Tyrone Football game of the season and I'm still trying to figure out how any Tyrone "fans" could do and say the things they did about John Franco and Johnny Franco.. Everytime I hear someone mention about the way they were treated I just want to find the people that said mean things and ask them if they had a brain fart or what. John Franco has done so much for Tyrone football which has lead to greater interest in other Tyrone sports! I think if the Coach wanted to play his son then so be it!! Its the least we could ever do for him and his family. I don't think him playing Johnny was a mistake and no one can ever convince me that it was. We lost the game to a very good team its just that simple. If Tyrone loses John Franco it will affect way more than John Franco, it will affect our community and our kids. We have a great amount of talent in our area it would be ashame to have that talent lose someone that can take them beyond even what they think they can accomplish. I hope that Mr. and Mrs. John Franco and their family stays in Tyrone. I hope they know that a few bad apples don't spoil the whole tree... and hey if those that were upset at the last game choose not to come back because Franco stays then thats our bonus!!!
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Beck wrote:It's been a while since the last Tyrone Football game of the season and I'm still trying to figure out how any Tyrone "fans" could do and say the things they did about John Franco and Johnny Franco.. Everytime I hear someone mention about the way they were treated I just want to find the people that said mean things and ask them if they had a brain fart or what. John Franco has done so much for Tyrone football which has lead to greater interest in other Tyrone sports! I think if the Coach wanted to play his son then so be it!! Its the least we could ever do for him and his family. I don't think him playing Johnny was a mistake and no one can ever convince me that it was. We lost the game to a very good team its just that simple. If Tyrone loses John Franco it will affect way more than John Franco, it will affect our community and our kids. We have a great amount of talent in our area it would be ashame to have that talent lose someone that can take them beyond even what they think they can accomplish. I hope that Mr. and Mrs. John Franco and their family stays in Tyrone. I hope they know that a few bad apples don't spoil the whole tree... and hey if those that were upset at the last game choose not to come back because Franco stays then thats our bonus!!!
We lost to an inferior team because a few players decided they were bigger than the big picture. I know some of the fans who have no clue and are very myopic in relation to their sons, but I'll not mention names. Some players had obviously given up at halftime and were shaking their heads like they knew more than the coaching staff. Those types of people go on to pump gas at Skat and deliver the Mirror at age 35.... and sit over at the Bull Pen night after night grumbling how life has given them a raw deal.
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

Banksy and Beck are both right. The thing that nobody else is mentioning is that our kids weren't going to school that week due to the threat of violence, their schedules were rearranged, and the game place and time was moved. Like it had no effect at all.... What bothers me the most about the change of venue was that it was moved from our place that we could staff with our security and people because of a threat of violence. It was moved to Mansion Park, where if you noticed on channel 10 news that Friday, the elementary school that sits a couple hundred yards from the field was locked down Friday because that little bank up the street was robbed at gunpoint. So we moved because of a threat to where there actually was a real and present danger. Another great call by Dr Miller and his clones!!!That doesn't even go into the fact the band and football boosters (I'm sure) had already bought the supplies for the final home game of the year and ate that as a loss. Nobody mentions that, those select idiots just want to attack someone we should be putting up a monument for. Look at what he's done over the years. Sharon had 7 division 1 athletes on that team in '99 and '00 (2 play in the NFL) we had no business on the field with them, what happened, we won 1 and went to overtime in the other in 2 games against them.Same deal with Alliquippa, Waynesburg, and Seton Lasalle.
I believe this group of kids, their parents,and some fans started believing what everyone was saying in the papers about how great they were; nobody remembers the same kids going 2-6-1 in Jr high. This should have been remembered as one of the greatest seasons in school history because they went undefeated and won another conference title all on heart! They weren't as talented as most of the teams they played and yet they won 'em all. That's amazing and a tribute to the work and heart of the kids and the coaches........United we stand, divided we fall......HARD.