Peachey for Supt??

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
TyroneFan83

Peachey for Supt??

Post by TyroneFan83 »

I have a quesiton....
Why would we want a women who doesn't have custody of her own children to be the superintendent of our schools?
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Peachey for Supt??

Post by banksy »

What are the circumstances surrounding the custody? You bring up a good point. Perhaps it was a financial reason she doesn't have custody. We'd need to know why to know if that made a difference.
cruiser1

Post by cruiser1 »

SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

Personal issues aside, I don't feel she has the right qualifications or experience for the job and quite frankly, don't think they can be obtained in the next three years (when Dr. Miller is expected to retire). They need to conduct a nation-wide search.
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

Peachey? Unusual name. Any connection to the Amish Peachey's that bought my cousins' farm out in Sinking Valley? Just curious......
Please don't flame me with "what's her favorite color?" or "how many loaves of bread can she make in a day?"..... :rofl: ...I'm serious (kinda) here.....
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

If this doesn't reek of nepotism and political incest, I don't know what does. Ridiculous.

At least one school board member had enough sense to know this isn't right. But then, if you look at most of the others on that school board and know who they are and their history, their actions aren't surprising at all.
Meaux

Post by Meaux »

No waiver...no need.

If this individual has worked in education and in the district for 14 years, she must know the requirements needed for superintendents. If this is indeed this person's desired career aspiration why has she not taken the necessary steps to have all pre-requisites in place?

This is like a teacher trying to become principle without credentials...
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

Better yet, she needs 60 college credits to be elligible. Who's gonna do her job the next three years? Also the school (taxpayers)would be paying for either 12 credits or 12 per/yr(don't remember, the article said) during this time. She's the finance person right? In the last 14 years that school has lost a couple million, raised taxes, and closed the auto,and electronics shops and combined machine shop in with metal. Yeah, that's what we need.....I wanna vomit!
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Aren't there any "Miller's" left for the job ??
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

RedhairNFreckles wrote:Peachey? Unusual name. Any connection to the Amish Peachey's that bought my cousins' farm out in Sinking Valley? Just curious......
Please don't flame me with "what's her favorite color?" or "how many loaves of bread can she make in a day?"..... :rofl: ...I'm serious (kinda) here.....
Don't know 'bout dat but there's always a horse and buggy parked out front of them there schools up there so there is.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Meaux wrote:No waiver...no need.

If this individual has worked in education and in the district for 14 years, she must know the requirements needed for superintendents. If this is indeed this person's desired career aspiration why has she not taken the necessary steps to have all pre-requisites in place?

... or an OR nurse thinking she has enough experience to do the surgery herself. Or a Bush thinking he can be a President cause he say his daddy do it.
Blain

Post by Blain »

banksy wrote:
Meaux wrote:No waiver...no need.

... or an OR nurse thinking she has enough experience to do the surgery herself. Or a Bush thinking he can be a President cause he say his daddy do it.
Or a Clinton thinking she can be president because she saw her husband do it.
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

Hate to change the subject, but Clinton at least getting the dem nomination would be better than a guy who took his oath of office for congress by swearing in using a Koren instead of the Bible and not reciting the pledge of allegiance. I for one don't want to see a national "Jihaad " holiday or a bomb your local law enforcement day. :flag:
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

"Better yet, she needs 60 college credits to be elligible. Who's gonna do her job the next three years?"

According to the article, she must also be in the classroom 10 to 20 percent of the weekly schedule to observe teaching techniques. This along with an intensive course load while maintaining her current job responsibilities. Indeed, who will be doing her job?
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

no-it-all wrote:Hate to change the subject, but Clinton at least getting the dem nomination would be better than a guy who took his oath of office for congress by swearing in using a Koren instead of the Bible and not reciting the pledge of allegiance. I for one don't want to see a national "Jihaad " holiday or a bomb your local law enforcement day. :flag:
If you are referring to Obama, you might want to get your facts straight first. His father was a Muslim before he married his white wife, who was an atheist, but by the time Barak was born he had forgone his religion and had become an ahtiest as well. Considering his father and mother divorced when he was 2 and moved to Connecticut leaving his mother and Barak in Hawaii, his father had little influence in his life. He was however a student in a Catholic school as a 6-year old and has been a member of the United Church of Christ since the mid-1980's, long before his political career was started. It is also 100% non-factual that Obama was sworn into office using the Koran (note the spelling, it isn't Koren, unless you are referring to the NFL player Koren Robinson) as opposed to the Holy Bible, that distinction goes to Keith Elliison, a Democratic congressman from Minnesota. While you may have reasons to not like Obama, what your state bares no facts, just a mere attempt at propaganda.