What has the board come to?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Harlow
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

What has the board come to?

Post by Harlow »

The discussions are poop and windmills.

I could see one day that they put windmills near the sewage plant and Tyrone will smell like it use to with the Pulp Mill.

I hope the issues get solved so that we can get to talking about other things around Tyrone.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Re: What has the board come to?

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

These are highly important issues that not only affect Tyrone proper, but the whole surrounding community, county, and even the state.

Perhaps you are just missing the days when all the griping was about the former mayor, her lackies, and her City Park and street-scaping.

Might I suggest that you could start a thread about the new Code Enforcement officer who, unlike the previous Code Enforcement officer, might actually do his job in Tyrone Boro. (How long before he is run out of town for fulfilling his duties with no bias?)

Or maybe start a thread about Tyrone's Meter Maid and the collection of fines. (And where those fines that are accrued go?)
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

The meter maid is a good subject, after all, he's just doin' his jawb.
Blain

Post by Blain »

Apparently those topics are important to us folks who actually live in and around Tyrone. They are far and away the most popular threads of late.
Feel free to start a thread or threads on some other topics that are of interest to Tyrone residents. Or maybe there's a yorktownva.com you could frequent.
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

I know the windmills and sewage treatment plant are big issues in Tyrone.

When I was home, I even signed the Windmill petition.

It was a joke that the two biggest problems facing Tyrone are poop and windmills. Figured I would add a little lightening up to the mood of the board.

Tyrone has many big issues.

If the Borough would find a way to increase income to provide services the community needs, the windmills probably wouldn't even be a topic of discussion.

I hope the Code Enforcement officer does do what is necessary to clean up the Borough to include Lincoln School and half of Pennsylvania Avenue.

The way to find out where the meter money and fines go to is to walk in the Borough offices and ask. They have to answer you. They are not allowed to hide income money to the borough.

I am happy to see the many people who are on the board taking an interest in the happenings of Tyrone. I really am impressed by the amount of signatures Rosebud and the others got on the petition against the windmills. I just hope that in two years when half the council is up for re-election, people with credentials will run for office.

I may be in Yorktown, Va., but I still refer to Tyrone as my hometown.
Ice Man
MVP Member

Post by Ice Man »

Harlow wrote:I know the windmills and sewage treatment plant are big issues in Tyrone.

When I was home, I even signed the Windmill petition.

I am happy to see the many people who are on the board taking an interest in the happenings of Tyrone. I really am impressed by the amount of signatures Rosebud and the others got on the petition against the windmills. I just hope that in two years when half the council is up for re-election, people with credentials will run for office.

I may be in Yorktown, Va., but I still refer to Tyrone as my hometown.
Harlow;

Thank you for signing the Save Ice Mountain anti-windplant petition!

The consensus is that there's no way that Borough Council can ignore that many signatures and still remain credible.

The Ice Man
SANTEEO

Post by SANTEEO »

[quote="Harlow"] poop and windmills.
Poop must of hit the fan. :rofl:
I agree,it is boring but that's because when ever you say anything you have the brain child enter of how good he does driving around knocking on door's. :rofl:
Hail to the king get's old........ :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
Luke

Post by Luke »

It is nice that Harlow signed the petition but it certainly doesn't say much for the credibility of the rest of the petition signatures. Obviously the council is not going to be concerned about what a former resident feels. Yes, it is notable that someone from out of town would take the time to express their agreement with opposition to the project. However, the council is going to whittle the list down to see how many of the local residents from the borough actually signed the petition. People who have moved away will have their memory forever of what it looked like here...that won't change and so it really doesn't factor into the decision.
sandstone
MVP Member

Post by sandstone »

Most of the council members have stated that the number of signatures from borough residents will be given the most weight, followed by the number from the 16686 zip code outside the borough, followed by signatures from outside the 16686 zip. The mayor has received hundreds of postcards, letters, and emails from people outside the 16686 zip and the windplant is opposed by the Moshannon Group of the Sierra Club which has about 1,000 members outside the 16686 zip, Juniata Valley Audubon which has 450 members outside the 16686 zip, and the Little Juniata River Association which has 150 members outside the 16686 zip. Council has said that every opinion matters, but some will be given more weight.

In any case, there is significant strong local opposition to the windplant proposal. That kind of opposition can't be ignored.