Residents have the right to know

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
caddis

Residents have the right to know

Post by caddis »

I am starting this thread because I learned of something recently that was very disturbing.Since the new highway has been built between Bald Eagle and Skytop we haven't heard much in the way of which fire departments will respond if there is an accident or other incident on this new stretch of highway.I found out first hand that the Bald Eagle Fire Company has not included the Tyrone Fire Department in covering this new stretch of highway.What does this mean to anyone who chooses to use this highway? If you are involved in an accident north of the Bald Eagle interchange the only fire departments responding are the Bald Eagle Fire Company and the Port Matilda Fire Company.Most of you are saying to yourself "so what is your point". My point is the Bald Eagle Fire Company does not and has not ever owned a rescue truck equipped with the many items needed to save anyone who has been entrapped in there vehicle.The Port Matilda Fire Company does have a state certified Rescue and has many certified people able to use it, but they are what 9 miles away.The Tyrone Fire Department also has a state certified rescue and also has many people certified to use it and are 3 mile away.So you have to ask yourself why isn't the Tyrone Fire Department responding whenever the call goes out? I did some investigating and found out why.The Bald Eagle Chief 36-01 doesn't think that he needs the rescue truck from Tyrone responding.I was also informed that he has a small rescue tool on his new fire engine but doesn't have but maybe 2 or 3 people certified to do vehicle rescue.People time is the biggest enemy when it comes to getting someone out alive and waiting an additional 20 minutes so the chief can get on scene and then decide to call a Rescue that could have already been responding is a bunch of krap and he is playing with peoples lives.I personally believe after talking to a bunch of people it is a total ego trip on his part.I know that the answer you normally get is why don't you join and help them out.That isn't the issue here the issue is he has a state certified rescue in Tyrone ready and willing to respond and he chooses not to use it.Tyrone is paid to respond in Snyder Township so that is not the issue.I hope by reading this you will inform everyone you know so that Snyder township can step in and ask him why he is doing this.If you don't believe these above statments feel free to call the Blair Dispatch center and they can tell you who is listed to respond in this area and also ask them how many rescue trucks respond to any accident between Tyrone and Bellwood they will tell you 2 .God help us all if we are entrapped on the new highway while things are the way they are.
Blain

Re: Residents have the right to know

Post by Blain »

There seems to be a lot of mud thrown at the Bald Eagle Fire Department, and most of that mud has come from Snyder Township Supervisor Charlie Diehl and former Supervisor Bernie Sherwin, as well as their cronies. With Sherwin ousted and new supervisor Bob Nelson in place, hopefully the relationship between the supervisors and the Bald Eagle Fire Department will improve.

Caddis, you say you found out "first hand". What does that mean, exactly? Did somebody give you second or third-hand information face-to-face and you consider that "first hand"? If so, I'd encourage you to speak to Scott Illig directly. He isn't hard to find and I'm sure he'd be happy to speak to you regarding your concerns. If you speak to him, then the information came to you first hand. Until then, we're dealing in hearsay and speculation.

Since we're speculating, I'll speculate that if there's an accident involving an entrapment and additional assistance was needed, it would be requested immediately.

If I'm in an accident on I99 between Bald Eagle and Port Matilda, I'd want the responding agency to be the closest agency. I'm certain that both Bald Eagle and Port Matilda have adequate equipment and training for responding to most accidents.
caddis

Post by caddis »

Blain, The information provided above is First Hand information and if you doubt it like I said call Blair Dispatch and they will tell you who is listed to respond.I am shocked that you feel comfortable being in an accident with NO rescue on the way with EMTs on board.Mr.Illig has pulled the wool over peoples eyes for a long time including the township and I witnessed this first hand.Blain if you do get a chance to talk to him and you discuss this issue ask him who ran his fire truck at the chronister fire and who ran his truck at the nail fire because it wasn't his people because they brought there truck and nobody could run it and had to ask members from another company to run it and what northern fire companys no longer want him and his company to respond into there county because of the very same thing in fact why don't you call the Hope fie chief in Philipsburg and ask him what went down,maybe then you won't feel so warm and fuzzy.Like I said before the people better demand this to be addressed for there own safety.
Blain

Post by Blain »

I wasn't questioning that Bald Eagle and Port Matilda would be the responding companies on the new section of highway; that was reported in the newspaper before the highway even opened. What I was questioning was the reason as you stated it, which was that they Bald Eagle Fire Chief "doesn't think he needs a rescue truck from Tyrone" responding.

More likely, the reason is that it makes no sense to have Tyrone respond to an accident that would be a minimum of five miles, and may be as much as eight or ten miles, from the Borough. With Bald Eagle one one end of the new section of highway and Port Matilda on the other end, it makes much more sense to have them share the duties. They are more likely to get to the scene faster, and if any additional response is needed, they could request it.

Can you think of a more dangerous section of local road than Old Route 220 between Bald Eagle and Port Matilda? Bald Eagle and Port Matilda have been responding to accidents on that road for many years. I'm sure they'll have no problems responding to accidents on I99.

Caddis, your last post was very telling. I don't think your real problem is with response on I99, but rather some kind of grudge against the Bald Eagle Fire Company. I know of the incidents that you referenced and those stories are patently false. I know - I have first hand information.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

Caddis: Check some eBay auction's for some punctuation. They're relatively inexpensive and go a long way in assisting others in understanding your message.
80cobra

Post by 80cobra »

By reading Blains response to Caddis I can see that trying to defend anything that the Snyder Township supervisors do is pointless,because it seems he is the one who likes to sling the mud. Blain you are so informed and in touch with everything on this forum Im surprised you are'nt the govenor of pennsylvania. As I have said in the past get your facts straight when you bash the supervisors. Charlie Diehl is my father, and I take it very personally. He takes alot of crap from a little group of people and he doen't deserve it. Run for public office some time, see how popular you are then. Everyones a critic but no one has the gutts to take the job. :banghead:
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

80cobra wrote: He takes alot of crap from a little group of people and he doen't deserve it.
Regretfully for you, that is solely your opinion, and not public opinion.

80cobra wrote: Run for public office some time, see how popular you are then. Everyones a critic but no one has the gutts to take the job. :banghead:
If you, or a family member, are in politics then you better get used to it, if you haven't already. It's part of the game... and the individual and family should already know it. Put oneself out there and get ready for the shots.

I have no pity.

If Blain was to run for office, would you take shots at him? I'll bet you would.
80cobra

Post by 80cobra »

I knew i would here from you also , because you know sooo much about everything. I see your input on everything on here. Why dont you run for office instead of hiding out here. As far as public opinion maybe not everything he's done in office has been always popular, but he tries to do whats best for the township. You can sit here and run down his character all you want but i know the man, i work with him day in and day out. I see the kind of crap that people are pulling. I even had someone turn my business into d.e.p. and that was resolved. People like to play little games with my family and my lively hood it gets very personal. :flag:
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

80cobra wrote:I knew i would here from you also , because you know sooo much about everything. I see your input on everything on here.
I know how to spell "H E A R" in the correct manner when appropriate. And the reason I know "sooo much about everything" is because I'm a pretty smart guy. :D

80cobra wrote:Why dont you run for office instead of hiding out here.
A) I don't run for office out of respect for my wife who does not like the political environment and the games. But that doesn't mean I'm not involved in politics, especially local and state. :wink:

B) I'm not hiding out here at all. When I registered, I decided to use a moniker, just as you have.

80cobra wrote:As far as public opinion maybe not everything he's done in office has been always popular, but he tries to do whats best for the township. You can sit here and run down his character all you want but i know the man, i work with him day in and day out. I see the kind of crap that people are pulling. I even had someone turn my business into d.e.p. and that was resolved. People like to play little games with my family and my lively hood it gets very personal. :flag:
I'm quite familiar with the type of feelings and occurances you have spoken about. Because, when I was growing up, MY father had a position that was in the public eye and open to public scrutiny for more than 20 years. I know it gets personal.

But as I stated before...

"If you, or a family member, are in politics then you better get used to it, if you haven't already. It's part of the game... and the individual and family should already know it. Put oneself out there and get ready for the shots."

Again, I will ask... If Blain was to run for office, would you take shots at him? I'll still bet you would.
80cobra

Post by 80cobra »

So smart guy, im sorry my spelling or english upsets you, I graduated from Tyrone. I dont have a college education so im ignorant. I have run a business in the area for the past 16 years in the township.I live in the bourgh and sometimes dont agree with what the borough concil members do, but I respect that they are doing a job that is not easy to do. If it makes you feel like a smart guy to belittle people,or you feel better about yourself for doing so, good for you.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Keep it civil, or I lock the thread, and possibly lockout (Ban) accounts.

Have a read
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Blain

Post by Blain »

I call it like I see it. I've been to the meetings and I've seen how the Supervisors conduct themselves. Certainly it isn't pleasant to hear criticism of a family member, however when that person is a public official, that's the position they put themselves in, like it or not. I'm sure Mr. Diehl is a fine father and family man. My criticism of him is limited to his position as a Township Supervisor. In that position, I feel that he is doing a poor job.
I don't believe we can abstain from criticizing elected officials when we think they're doing a poor job just because we may hurt their feelings or those of their family members. 80cobra, your own aunt frequently attends those township meetings and has been a very vocal critic of Mr. Diehl. Nobody is above criticism, even from a family member, it seems.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Hasn't he been STS for like 100 years?
80cobra

Post by 80cobra »

Both of my aunts attend the meetings. They have a personal agenda. Banksy, he has been a sts for several years now he also sits on the board of northern blair sewer authority , seems like for not being a good supervisor he sure got relected alot.Personally to me public office is a pain in the u know what. But that was his choice not mine. I sometimes get fired up , i apolagize for that.Everyone has the right of speech thats one the great things about our country. Like I say if it makes you feel like a bigger man or woman go for it.