vacant buildings in tyrone

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
anne onimous1

Re: vacant buildings in tyrone

Post by anne onimous1 »

Bucktail, as far as Mr. Latchford's quote about being a responsible landowner and taking care of your responsibilities, that obviously didn't apply to the boro. This is why I can't take him seriously, he tends to contradict himself. It's not that the folks of Tyrone don't care about or are not interested in what is going on with the building, it's just that they've gotten used to the same old same old and are tired of wasting their breath.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

anne onimous1 wrote: It's not that the folks of Tyrone don't care about or are not interested in what is going on with the building, it's just that they've gotten used to the same old same old and are tired of wasting their breath.
That I can agree with you about 51%. :D
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

"Something" was happening there today.... I saw a widdletwuck sitting on the sidewalk in front of the building.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

"When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way...," "Tonight, tonight, won't be just any night...,"
"Maria, I'll never stop saying Maria.....," "Maria's gonna' get her "kinks" tonight....,"
"Tony, Tony....."
Can you imagine ?? I mean really, can you imagine !!! The Broadway musical, West Side Story, being presented right here in our own hometown, by "kids" from our hometown ?? WOW !!!
I think that is absolutely fantastic !!! It doesn't get much better than that !!!
I read in the Mirror this morning that the school district couldn't fund the musical as in past years. So, through ham and cheese sandwich sales, a spaghetti dinner and partnerships with area businesses, parents and students have been raising the money since January, when they learned the cost would fall on their shoulders. Total cost is approximately $25,000.00 dollars of which the school district this year is pitching in $5,000.00 through a grant....
(key words,"this year").
Can you imagine an Arts and Entertainment Theater in downtown Tyrone ?? There is always someone out there, at any age, and not just in Tyrone, to come in and entertain.
Baby Boomers are Boomin'... THEY need something to do around here too. That would be the perfect answer and it would bring in a lot of money to this area. Aside from the talent at the High School, we have our very own "players."
Why not build something like this downtown ?? Why not put it in the area of the old "Y"... ??
Have a parking garage in the bottom and a beautiful state of the arts theater on top. Take up that whole block area from Herald Street to 11th Street. Do something with the old Lugg and Edmonds building in order to gain better access and/or parking. Come on folks.... at least think about it. OK, I'm off to see the wizard... somewhere over the rainbow.... :D
RyanMyers

Post by RyanMyers »

in my opinion our once nice little town has become horible looking. when the raillroad went tyrone went with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leep

Post by Leep »

Aw man, I haven't been home for a long time. You say when the railroad went, Tyrone went with it??? :D
Ah, where did the railroad finally end up? And, do the people of Tyrone like it there?
Man, how am I going to find our place now..... :fogey:

Leep Out: