Kudos to Glenn Ray...

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Kudos to Glenn Ray...

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

and his plan for the former YMCA building.

From the article that was written, it appears he has a good plan and many of things that needed to be repaired or replaced are being addressed appropriately.

I wish him luck on this endeavor. :thumb:

Too bad S and A didn't pull through with their plan for the Lincoln School like Mr. Ray has with his venture. :x
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Re: Kudos to Glenn Ray...

Post by SoccerMom »

I think its wonderful, especially since he is recycling so many of the materials from other excavation work he's doing. Here's a link to the article if people haven't seen it:

http://www.tyronepa.com/news/article.php?id=11362

I was boycotting Lowes because I was so mad they abandoned their building, just so they could build a new one right across from the new Home Depot in State College. What a waste in so many ways! Maybe I'll reconsider now; still have a gift card from Christmas burning a whole in my wallet.
watcher
MVP Member

Post by watcher »

This is WONDERFUL news I feel! I'm so glad that someone is working to make this a reality for the community! Great job! You go! :bluebounce:
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

SoccerMom wrote:... still have a gift card from Christmas burning a whole in my wallet.
I'll put it to good use if you still feel like boycotting them! :D
Blain

Post by Blain »

Well, great news. I'm sure all of the demolition waste they haul out of the YMCA will end up in that eyesore of a junkyard that masquerades as a "recycled building material business" along old 220 in Northwood.

Mr. Ray has not proven to be a good neighbor to the folks that live near that business.
80cobra

Post by 80cobra »

blain , get a life. give the man some credit. what have you done for tyrone? thats right you are the town gripester
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Hey, hey save the day, best of luck to Glenn Ray !! :thumb: There is so much to be done, but, I hope he can pull it off. Like everything else, it would be easier to take it down.... at least he's giving it a second chance !! When I came back to town and went to an event at the "Y," the first thing I noticed when I walked in there was the mural at the top of the steps. It certainly brought back memories of the good old days... Oh, those tap dancing recitals and those band concerts.:D !!! I do hope somehow they can save the mural... I don't even remember what the picture was... I do remember it brought a tear to my eyes when I saw it again.... I knew I was home.
GOOD LUCK, GLENN RAY !!!
anne onimous1

Post by anne onimous1 »

Thanks G&R. It amazes me that one man can do what an entire boro council cannot do. Turtle government. IMO :zzz:
Blain

Post by Blain »

80cobra wrote:blain , get a life. give the man some credit. what have you done for tyrone? thats right you are the town gripester
Maybe if I owned the most run-down properties in town, plus a couple of ugly junkyards, I'd get a pat on the back.
80cobra

Post by 80cobra »

Gee look around town sometime Blain, Glenn Ray isn't the only one with run down properties. Seems to me there are alot of slum lords in Tyrone. I have one right behind my own house. I dont like it but i live with it, they're taking care of the problems. I learn to sit back take it easy and not worry about what everyone else is doing. Maybe you should too, stress is bad for you. Now sit back take a deep breath and take it easy, now dont you feel better.