parking meters

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: parking meters

Post by My2Cents »

watcher wrote:I hate to say this, but I've always assumed that the meters were for daytime use. I know I've never fed a meter in the evening, after 6pm, and I don't think anyone else does either. I think they do usually realize that these meters are for daytime use, although, obviously maybe I've incorrectly assumed that. I always thought there was an unspoken rule though that weekends and evenings were "free" times. If that's wrong, I don't know how it would be monitored either...
I understand what you are saying Watcher...I too "assume" they are not read before, and after, a certain time... however, if it is so, what are those times ?? One hour could make a difference in....ticket or no ticket. I have also seen people staring at the meters, during the evening and weekends, wondering.. should I or shouldn't I ???
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Sorry... was interrupted above... anyway, I think it should be establish, published, and made known to the public the "parking meter hours," and the info. should be inside of each meter. It isn't fair for some to put money in them (just to be safe) when they don't have to.
smboats

Post by smboats »

:mob: You guys better watch out, next they will be getting the boot and taking your cars hostage if you don't pay your tickets. I live 1 block from traffic court in Philly and it's a blast watching the people who are bootable driving to court to pay their tickets, then coming out to discover they have been booted. They have to go back to court to prove they paid their fines and wait for the boot truck to come back and set them free. I have seen a couple guys come back with cutting torches and free themselves! Man, I love this city-one entertaining thing after another. :rofl:
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

Here is the scoop on the parking meters:

8am to 5pm - Monday thru Staturday
After 5pm on Saturday and all day Sunday free

Hope this helps...Sorry for taking so long to get the information :D
exbellwoodian

Post by exbellwoodian »

give us a STRAIGHT answer....did "she" or did "she" not embezzel money from the borough....and i think you know who "she" is....
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Thanks Bill !! At least there is something to go by now. Is there a way to make the "times" public and offical ?? Can these "times" be put on the parking meters so the people will not have any doubts ?? Telling people this verbally doesn't go far.... there will still be doubt'ers. It will always be a, "well I heard, but I'm not sure," type scenerio. The "times" need to be made public for ALL to see.
Is there any way to get the "feed the meters on Saturday" changed ?? People are off, enjoying time with their families... those that do want to come into town, for Gardner's candy and/or Ice Cream, or, to a luncheon at a restaurant on their day off, or.... whatever, shouldn't have to worry about feeding a meter on Saturday. What is it going to take to get that changed ?? What is it going to take to get the meter situation around ACE Hardware changed ?? That is a very reputable and established business in town... people are going in and out of there all the time. They need a few free spaces in front and along the side of the store... there should be no question about this. I can see the fact that if you do for one you have to do for all.... however, ACE is not downtown on the main drag so that should not be of any concern.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

As Good hearted as all of what you have said sounds My2Cents...It just is not fair to let one store have the meters removed and none of the others. I am not quite sure what to do about Saturday's. I know they are not free over here in State College on Saturdays. I also believe that changing the meters times and the coins used will be a big relief. Nickle Dime Quarter will go along way now. I have always popped a nickle into the meters even when I pop in to pick up my pizza from OIP. I will say that when it was just a quarter I would once in a while skip it because I just didn't have a quarter on me. I always seem to have a nickle or a dime. Your heart is in the right place, but I think changing the meters to Nickle Dime Quarter will be about the extent that Council will move on the meter situation. We really have not had to many complaints.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

exbellwoodian wrote:give us a STRAIGHT answer....did "she" or did "she" not embezzel money from the borough....and i think you know who "she" is....

???????? :huh: I missed something here I think............
rockergirl24

Post by rockergirl24 »

I think it's fair to do the nickel, dime, quarter thing. Even on Saturdays. It's just that...a nickel, dime, or a quarter.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

I agree, nickel, dime and quartering it is just fine!! Ya can't get much better than that !! The daily, Mon thru Sat, 8AM to 5PM is also fantastic !!! Ya can't get much better than that also !!! However, Saturday AND Sunday off of feeding meters, would be the ultimate of Tyrone neighborly perfection 8) . Why not ?? Give 'em a break.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

My2Cents wrote:Sorry... was interrupted above... anyway, I think it should be establish, published, and made known to the public the "parking meter hours," and the info. should be inside of each meter. It isn't fair for some to put money in them (just to be safe) when they don't have to.
If there are no posted hours for meter use, it is safe to assume the Boro expects it to be paid whenever you use their spots, and that they reserve the right to ticket for a violation at any time.