Kaup Family Needs Help

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Kaup Family Needs Help

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

What's the code or law for fenced off public sidewalks and unsafe buildings that threaten public safety by forcing them to walk on the street, Mr. Latchford?
twinsmom

Post by twinsmom »

I did not know if there was an interest in this information, but I thought you might like an update on the Kaup's. Yesterday, Kathy had her third surgery on her right ankle. The doctor stated that he tried to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. She has no cartilage so a fusion surgery will be needed sometime in the future. The accident caused her ankle bones to ram into the tibia, thus causing bones to crush. It appears the road will be longer than the 6-8 months that were expected. George still suffers from shoulder pain and will return to the doctor in Monday concerning this. Thanks again for your support and prayers.
exbellwoodian

Post by exbellwoodian »

I believe the borough is responsible for providing an alternative safe walking space if they should close down a portion of the sidewalk. Even if Tyrone doesn't have a law on the books, I'm sure the state of PA does which would superscede any local law anyway. I'm sure the If someone would get hit by a car, they could sue the borough AND probably the company that actually blocked off the road. Looks to me like they are not obeying the law. I wonder who enforces these types of issuses? Perhaps we need a citizens code enforcer? LOL....

Most people of authority tend to walk down a one way street....I've seen it a million times....doens't matter if it's corporate America, US Government, church officials, or state or local Government....people with authority all tend to not follow the rules that they push onto other people. It really is a shame...
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

That sidewalk has been closed for 3 years now.

This past Tuesday was the 3rd Anniversary. Tomorrow will be 1,100 days.

Doesn't that make you proud of the speed this safety issue has been addressed with and corrected by boro council?

Borough seeks answers on YMCA structural problems

By SAM J. ZEMA
Staff Writer
August 6, 2005

"....a section of the decorative cornice at the top of the building fell to the ground. The incident happened on July 22 (2005)...."

http://www.tyronepa.com/news/article.php?id=5973

How long has that downtown sidewalk across from the library and park been fenced off? The plastic orange construction fencing barrier is barely even up anymore.

I decided to make a new topic about this so the count can continue on.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

- Out of respect for the Kaups, I believe a new thread should be started about the deplorable buildings in this town, instead of this thread turning into that. :thumb:
twinsmom

Post by twinsmom »

Thanks Bill!!! I was thinking the same thing! :w
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

I already did that at 11:23 right after I posted the original here at 11:24.

But in all honesty, this thread is also about code enforcement in the Boro of Tyrone, something seemingly is still being done randomly.
Leep

Post by Leep »

Who decides what needs to be done and by who and how..What qualifications must they have for them to make such determinations?

I have seen pictures of the ramp and read how it was constructed....Now I'm not the best carpenter in the world, but from the looks of it and the info on how it was constructed, it was apparent, to me at least, that that ramp would last for a very long time.. If you used it how many times it was constructed to be used......

I'm pretty sure you could make one out of match sticks that would last long enough to take the lady to her Dr. appointments....if you built it real careful..Bet there's no code for that...Codes..Just another word for people to push their ideas on someone else,their ideas as to what is "right' . A little power is all right, I suppose..beware of absolute power..regardless if it is in a small town or on a small scale, power is power and it usually corrupts those who wield it.. just look at our representatives in Washington..I'm sure most would agree that they are more experienced and better educated than most of us.....yet, they abuse their powers more than anyone or anything that exists in our lives..And, most of them started small....in small towns, enforcing their own ideas as to what is correct...Everyone has to start somewhere..Just my little rant on the "powers that be" You can take them or leave them..Mostly I leave them...

Proper slope...? Please....My father and your fathers and grandfathers built this town...and look how long it has lasted without the "help' of code enforcers...

I'm also pretty sure those talents were passed down to this generation also...

See, I'm in a peculiar position..Tyrone was and is my home town, but I live far enough away i am not influenced by anyone that resides there or is in a position of power.

So my responses are not colored by anything other than my unbiased opinions..Course, I guess a guy could get unbiased real quick if he had to.... :lol:

I can't believe that this is what our forefathers envisioned when they sat together those many years ago, for us....They believed less government was better.. Government should stay out of our lives for the most part. Because, what ever you are trying to force on someone else, chances are the man you are trying to make do something your way, usually could do it better and faster than you ever could..

Beware of men that make their living with words...men that do this never build anything of value, if ever they do build..They spend their time yearning for the ability and the skill to become ever better at using words....While men toil hard to make this land better and stronger, give their lives so even those that do nothing more than spend their every waking hour in the pursuit of better words, better ways to impress the rest of us how we can not live without them and their words to guide us..can do so with impunity.

In my opinion, if your words are not being used in conjunction with a four or five piece band to create the music that makes us remember why we fell in love with our wives to begin with, or they are strung together in a manner that takes you to another place or another time, and simply keeps you so engrossed and on edge that you cannot stop reading until you reach its conclusion..Well then, what good are they?
A few great speeches that survived and will survive until man no longer reads or listens...or cares...
I'd write more but I'm getting tired of looking at my own words.... :zzz:

Take care Tyrone, I still love you, my home...

Leep Out;
twinsmom

Post by twinsmom »

The ramp did not meet the ADA requirements. It needed to be able to be used by Kathy but also anyone else who would visit her in a wheelchair. The ramp was too steep for someone to independently use. In less than a month, home nursing will be Kathy's only assistance through the day because her present help will be at work or in school. As she improves, with a properly built ramp, she will be able to wheel herself in and out. She in very spunky and has surprised us with what she is able to do already. She'll have her 4th surgery, and hopefully her last, today. Again, thank you for your thoughts prayers, and generous help from this community. Tyrone, the Mayberry of PA, is still the best place to live! :w