We will no longer be updating the Daily Herald News online

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE FORUMS, PLEASE READ THE RULES SECTION IN HERE BEFORE POSTING.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

We will no longer be updating the Daily Herald News online

Post by Rick »

To all of our visitors, local and abroad, we will no longer be updating the Daily Herald News online at TyronePA.com, effective today (December 5th, 2008).

We received news that the Tyrone Daily Herald will be publishing their own web-site sometime next year, possibly in the spring.

As a small business owner, I am torn.

It hurts seeing something we have built up over the years, loose such a valuable partner as the Herald, but also in realizing that a neighboring small business is trying to make their company run as best it can in these financial times

TyronePA will not be going anywhere. We will still have our forums, and football broadcasts; but we will be making some changes down the road to offer other services to our communities.

My thanks goes out to the staff, present and past, of the Tyrone Daily Herald for all of the wonderful articles you have written and shared with us over the years. I wish you all the best of luck with the new site, and look forward to reading all of your news online again someday.

Thanks all, and Happy Holidays as well.

-Rick

P.S. Please do not call our office or send emails asking for more details. I ask that you politely contact the Tyrone Daily Herald directly with those questions.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: We will no longer be updating the Daily Herald News online

Post by BeachBiker »

Rick,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I could tell by when I met and spoke with you in October that the Daily Herald association was an important, valuable, and exciting part of your activities.

However, NOW - more than EVER - perhaps it's time for each of us, as Tyrone e-cafe participants, to step up to the plate and contribute our own sources and exchanges of topical discussion on this site?

I look forward to staying in touch with our great mix of locals and former residents (who, like I, have moved on) but wish to maintain our common bonds with anticipation and interest.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Re: We will no longer be updating the Daily Herald News online

Post by Rick »

Thanks BB.

Yepper, I'll be taking in everyones 2¢ from the forums. I have had several ideas for a loooong time now that I held back on for development time/conflict of interest concerns.

I truly do wish the Herald the best of luck with their new endeavor, I know there are many readers out there that can't get the news in a timely fashion due to geography, and I just hope they don't have to wait too long for the news to come back.

Thanks to all who have contacted me and offered their opinions and support, and have a great holiday! :bluebounce: RG
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you