Out of Towner moving in

Got a question you would like answered? Post here for possible answers to all your Tyrone questions.
Ms. Muffet

Out of Towner moving in

Post by Ms. Muffet »

My husband is getting out of the military and enrolling in State College. We bought a house in Tyrone....only one we could afford that had land with it. I was kinda shocked by some of the housing. I know the people were smartasses, but friendly, so right up my alley. Having come from Germany I spend most of my time playing tourist or staying inside. What does everyone do for fun there? Does anyone play cards? What type? Are dogs required to be on leashes? Is there a park? I was only there for five days and I don't know anyone in the area so I didn't get a really good feel for the type of town it was. I guess it doesn't really, matter because I will only change if I want to, but I was wondering what you all did for fun, in the winter, summer, etc. I myself like to play volleyball, cards, sew, crochet, paint, garden, read.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Out of Towner moving in

Post by banksy »

Tubing on the Juniata River!
cwilson

Post by cwilson »

Ms. Muffet wrote:My husband is getting out of the military and enrolling in State College. We bought a house in Tyrone....only one we could afford that had land with it. I was kinda shocked by some of the housing. I know the people were smartasses, but friendly, so right up my alley. Having come from Germany I spend most of my time playing tourist or staying inside. What does everyone do for fun there? Does anyone play cards? What type? Are dogs required to be on leashes? Is there a park? I was only there for five days and I don't know anyone in the area so I didn't get a really good feel for the type of town it was. I guess it doesn't really, matter because I will only change if I want to, but I was wondering what you all did for fun, in the winter, summer, etc. I myself like to play volleyball, cards, sew, crochet, paint, garden, read.
I no longer live in Tyrone, I left there in early 1977 when I joined the Army. While in the Army I spent a few years in Germany, stationed at Garlstedt near Bremen and Babenhausen near Frankfurt am Main. What part of Germany are you from?
Ms. Muffet

Post by Ms. Muffet »

cwilson wrote:
Ms. Muffet wrote:My husband is getting out of the military and enrolling in State College. We bought a house in Tyrone....only one we could afford that had land with it. I was kinda shocked by some of the housing. I know the people were smartasses, but friendly, so right up my alley. Having come from Germany I spend most of my time playing tourist or staying inside. What does everyone do for fun there? Does anyone play cards? What type? Are dogs required to be on leashes? Is there a park? I was only there for five days and I don't know anyone in the area so I didn't get a really good feel for the type of town it was. I guess it doesn't really, matter because I will only change if I want to, but I was wondering what you all did for fun, in the winter, summer, etc. I myself like to play volleyball, cards, sew, crochet, paint, garden, read.
I no longer live in Tyrone, I left there in early 1977 when I joined the Army. While in the Army I spent a few years in Germany, stationed at Garlstedt near Bremen and Babenhausen near Frankfurt am Main. What part of Germany are you from?

I was north of Frankfurt for a while, stationed at Giessen where they have the warehouse for AAFES, then when the post closed down, we got moved to Baumholder which is about 30 minutes west of Kaiserslautern.
cwilson

Post by cwilson »

I'm familiar with Giessen, or at least I used to be. I haven't been there since the early 90's.

I wish I could be more help as what to do in Tyrone, but I haven't lived there since right after I graduated high school. There was never a lot to do there in those days unless you were into hiking or similar activities. We had to be a little creative :mrgreen: in order to entertain ourselves!