what's for dinner tonight?

Got some great recipes you'd like to share? Poke your head in to see what's cooking... and bring a spoon.
Something to say
MVP Member

what's for dinner tonight?

Post by Something to say »

I'm in a slump! Tired of preparing AND eating the same old, same old. Looked in the freezer this morning...closed the door. We had oatmeal for supper...lol. Any ideas?? Help!!
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: what's for dinner tonight?

Post by BeachBiker »

Something to say wrote:...Any ideas??
Perhaps?:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=701
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Image Image

Seriously though, there's just the wife and I in our house and we both work full time. She works straight day shift Mon-Fri, but my hours vary between days, evenings, and nights PLUS I have my own business on the side and occasionally teach classes. Thus, meal variety, convenience, etc are important.

Some suggestions for variety, value, ease to prepare, etc:

1. Betty Crocker "Complete Meals" box suppers. Similar brand box suppers as well; just got some new-released Kraft "Bistro Deluxe" styles last week - excellent, and intro price of 3 boxes for $5.

2. Homemade pizza - Pillsbury crust (comes in a refrigerated tube), your favorite pizza sauce (I'm down to my last DelGrosso jar brought back from our October trip to Tyrone, but Ragu "PizzaQuick" traditional or home-style is excellent), and your favorite Italian cheese blend.

3. Occasionally, homemade fajitas from those frozen complete bag meals.

4. Get a bag of good-brand italian meatballs, put in a slow cooker, pour in your favorite sauce, let simmer overnight (or through the day). Make meatball sandwiches, add to pasta, etc; can make several meals with this over a few days.

5. Fresh or frozen chicken, pork, etc cutlets - shake 'n bake - have a Pasta Roni or Rice A Roni side dish, etc. Sooo much variety available in this combo.

6. Manwich - need I say more?

7. Get some good brats, flavored sausages, etc. Cook/fry, have as sandwiches with fav toppings, or eat alone. Side dish as above.

8. Soup and sandwiches. Can have crackers with the soup, sandwiches as toasted cheese, lunch meat, etc.

9. A good salad, whatever type each person prefers. Maybe soup/sandwiches, as above, with the salad.

10. Frozen dinners - "family-size" or individual serving. Some really good ones, and quite a variety, in the freezer sections of grocers. Those Boston Market ones seem especially good, and are often on sale or at good price anyway (at least in our area). :fogey:
snyd2001

Post by snyd2001 »

I have the same problem. I dont mind cooking it is the planning and coming up with something different to cook thats the problem. Making homemade beef stew tonight with hot bread. Last night we had ham cabbage and potatoes. Just 2 things I havent made for a while so it was good and a nice change. Try broiling fish with some rice and a salad. Thats quick and good if you like fish.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

ty for the suggestions Beachbiker!

I cooked some spaghetti. Sauteed green peppers, onions, garlic, Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, in butter ....served it over the pasta with grated parmesan. Made garlic toast and salad greens...it was good...HE SAID..ok...where's the beef? :roll:

Snyd... I love seafood... THE other two members of my house ...not so much lol. MMMMM...gimme crab, lobster, clams, and scallops.....heaven. Talapia and Blue Hake... Hey...speaking of fish.... has anyone noticed how HORRIBLE tuna is these days? OMG... I can't even open a can of tuna. The bagged tuna isn't any better. I used to make tuna casserole for my son about once a month.....I'm glad he's not here asking for it right now..lol......it stinks...and it tastes foul. YUCK.

We ate at Prime Sirloin today... hubby got what appeared to be a grilled cheese sandwich with his spaghetti... he took a bite and said...this doesn't taste right to me...try it. Like an absolute idiot.. I did. WELL....TUNA AND CHEESE. YUCK.....it wasn't Prime Sirloin's fault....its the tuna, although the thought of tuna and melted cheese is just gross to begin with. I just know they're putting something in tuna that doesn't belong.

ANYWAY...hahaha....when someone says.."eww...this doesn't taste right to me, try it" JUST TRUST THEM. Hahaha
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

Something-to-say, here it is almost 5 months since your post, and I must say you are so right! I opened a brand name can of tuna yesterday to make some tunafish with and the smell almost knocked me over! I went ahead and made the tunafish and ate a sandwich but it tasted like sh.........um, crap! I agree, somethings not right. It probably is from China and they're out to get us.... :mob: