Mountain Goat...I think

Got a question you would like answered? Post here for possible answers to all your Tyrone questions.
Something to say
MVP Member

Mountain Goat...I think

Post by Something to say »

Ok...this isn't a question about Tyrone, but I'm hoping someone reads this and knows the answer. We went to Bristol over the weekend and while travelling through West Virginia on highway 19.....I saw.....what appeared to be a mountain goat. It was fairly large, white, and had dark horns. It was standing up on a cliff, and there are no farms or homes anywhere near that stretch of highway. According to wiki ....mountain goats inhabit the Rockies and north to Alaska, but not anywhere near here. ( looked exactly like the pictures of mountain goats in wiki ) Are there any other animals other than the domesticated goat that resembles mountain goats? This wasn't a domesticated goat......it was different. Could it be they are moving eastward? Grrrr...wish I could have gotten a picture.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Mountain Goat...I think

Post by banksy »

anything can, and does, happen in west virginia... ask all those cousin/brothers/sisters.... but perhaps it was a yeti
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Now Banksy.....I might be getting old :fogey: and my vision may not be as sharp as it once was :eek: .....BUT I'm not completely bonkers yeti ! :nuts:

:slap:
moses lee
MVP Member

Post by moses lee »

I'm my own Grandpa!
banksy wrote:anything can, and does, happen in west virginia... ask all those cousin/brothers/sisters.... but perhaps it was a yeti
:fogey:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Hmmm, I think that's impossible.
moses lee wrote:I'm my own Grandpa!
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

Hey, if we've got elk in North Carolina (Smokies) then I guess it's possible to have mountain goats in W VA.

Our elk are part of a relocation program though, trying to bring them back like they were in the old days before they were hunted out. Calves have doubled and are thriving since the first couple of years, but only because during calving season they now are relocating the black bears to another location, then they bring them back after calving is over for the year. Sounds like a lot of traveling to me....... :ahh:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

That's OK, as long as they don't mess with the gophers,lol.
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

:rofl: :rofl: Yep, I've got friends who acted in "Caddyshack" and you know what happened in the pool...... :shock: