Tyrone Tax Rates

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
jokerman
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Tyrone Tax Rates

Post by jokerman »

Now that the tax season has come and gone, one question keeps coming up and I can't seem to find an acceptable answer for it:
Why is the tax rate for Tyrone Borough so high? 1.9% of my income is taken for the privilege of living in Tyrone, while the surrounding areas are much lower (at around 1.1%). What is the benefit for the higher cost? You can't even go to a grocery store and buy a box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes in this town...
exbellwoodian

Re: Tyrone Tax Rates

Post by exbellwoodian »

I see no one answered your question. I didn't think they would. I've often wondered this myself. 1.9% is extremely high for this area, considering the lack of services for your money. I have paid higher taxes living in other areas, but it always included free trash pickup, free lawn debris pickup, an actual compost yard to go dump lawn debris (not just a dumpster), etc.... I just don't see the value being returned to the citizens of Tyrone. Where is this 1.9% going? I know it is split between the School Disctric and the Borouogh (1.2% adn 0.7% I believe?), but it's still high.

Can someone from the Borough please explain the breakdown of where our money goes?
Randykirkpatrick
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Tyrone Tax Rates

Post by Randykirkpatrick »

Please don't take this the wrong way I'm not being a smart a@s, but why don't you run for Boro. Council? That way you can make the changes the Boro needs.
Thank you

Randy Kirkpatrick

http://www.carlislebarber.com