I would like to see the news updated on a regular basis!

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE FORUMS, PLEASE READ THE RULES SECTION IN HERE BEFORE POSTING.
Starz

I would like to see the news updated on a regular basis!

Post by Starz »

Many things have happened in Tyrone and not one thing has been posted on this site we call "tyronepa.com" since Nov. 16??
To name very few........
How about the drug bust?
How about an update on the flood victims?
How about Thanksgiving articles?
How about posting some news????
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

My mom died, how about a freakin' obit so I can link out of town friends to it.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Bottom Line - the site is TOTALLY WORTHLESS.

And all the LAME EXCUSES given in the past will now fall on uncaring and deaf ears...

Banksy: My deepest sympathies regarding your mom. I don't know if I knew her or not.

This is a prime example of a real value of the Tyrone.Pa site. Even more amazing is that the moderator/administrator doesn't even take time to at least post an explanation of why the site is ONCE AGAIN "locked up".

In comparison, at least a bunch of kindergarden kids will provide a new crayon drawing for your refrigerator door more than once a month...
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I wouldn't say it is completely worthless. I am thankful that we get to hear the football games.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Banksy,

Yea, I guess that is an exception.

Therefore, I'll rephrase my claim:

"Bottom Line - the site is EXCEPTIONALLY worthless!" :roll: :lol: :wink: :shock: :? 8)
LnIcode

Post by LnIcode »

It's just typical Tyrone... start something, expect someone else to keep it going, then just let it go all together............... eventually, maybe someday, someone will come in and try to do something about it, try to fix it, and then get chastized and crucified for doing it because someone didn't like the way it was being done.

The vicious cycle will continue to repeat itself, much like many things that have occurred throughout the existance of the town.

Tyrone reaps what it sows....
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

banksy,

I'm really sorry about your mother. I'll say a prayer for she and your family.

I've wanted to write something for days, about the update status. However, I too am grateful to listen to the football games! I did not want to kick a gift horse in the mouth. But, somethings gotta give. This is nonsense!!
Harlow
MVP Member

Don't be so harsh

Post by Harlow »

I know I have said this a few times, but cut the guys at Open Door Visions a break.

They are a small business. Tyronepa.com is a free service they offer. They develop internet sites for many people and are doing their jobs to support their families.

The guys at Open Door Visions are doing good things in our hometown to help make it a better place. They are working with the Tyrone Community Partnership and the Tyrone Chamber of Commerce. They are great folks at Open Door Visions.

Days like today, when someone breaks into your car, I miss the life of Tyrone, but when I look at my bank account next Thursday, I won't miss it so much.

I miss the local news as well, but look at the opportunity we have here. We have a forum for all of us who moved away to keep in touch.

We have GOLDEN EAGLE FOOTBALL!!!!

Again Terry, as I told you, I am sorry for your loss.

Take care, God Bless and Go GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!

Harlow
LnIcode

Post by LnIcode »

Don't worry, they break into cars in Tyrone, too. It's not just a mid-west thing.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

John:

I get they may be a small company, but all complaints about the lack of posting have always been answered by Open Door Visions about the lack of the Hearld providing the stories, or problems with an FTP site. Never once has ODV said that the lack of updates was due to the size of their company.

I really appreciate having the Golden Egale games and this website. From a corporate side of things, this website represnets what ODV can (or can not) do as a company. They decided to present this website to of Tyrone and actually represent the entire town by taking the domain of tyronepa.com.

If there are issues of time for a small company, the least they can do is post that and tell us instead of pointing fingers in directions that suggest it has nothing to do with how busy they are. It does represent ODV and their commitment to finish what they start.

Sorry guys

Post by moderator »

Got a few days of news put up this evening, I will try to catch up the missing two weeks over the next few days.

As for excuses, I try not to use them. I simply put the news up when I can, and try to keep it as up to date as possible with our workload.

Go Eagles....

Thanks, Rick
jayestewart
MVP Member

posting news

Post by jayestewart »

Has any consideration been given to get volunteers to post the news stories? Perhaps a web design project with TAHS would give some kid a great internship in learning how to operate web pages....just a thought.
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

I'm so disappointed. Everytime I log on to check the news there is nothing! Why have the news if its never posted? There also used to be photos. What happened there? I'm sorry if I sound like a b--ch, but it just really bothers me.
unojook

Need for updates......

Post by unojook »

I realize that Tyrone has had plenty of news lately, and I am longing for this site to be more current. However, I further realize this service is being done for free, and if anyone out there can add suggestions for help to keep it current, then please do so.

Have a Great Holiday everyone, and thanks for listening.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

How about advertisers/sponsors?

I co-administer a Myrtle Beach tourist information board that has the exact same format. We have a few advertisers/sponsors that are posted at the top of the discussion forum index page and each page, but the rules prohibit them or anyone else from advertising in the actual content of the discussions.

Unbiased reviews, recommendations, criticism, etc based on actual patronization of ANY Myrtle attraction, venue, lodging, restaurant, etc (INCLUDING the board's advertisors and sponsors) that serves as information to assist tourists and locals to plan their activities in Myrtle Beach is OK - and the board is strictly monitored by the administrators and topic moderators to edit/delete improper messages and even outright ban intentional or repeat violators of the rules.

The policy that prevents unpaid and unauthorized advertising is also posted at the very top of the forum index, stating "Announcements - Read Before You Post! No Advertising Allowed!". Clicking on this statement clearly specifies the exact terms for advertising/sponsorship. The policy is also clearly stated in the very first topic category of the discussion forum: "Administrative Announcements".

If anyone wishes to view this board to see how it's identical - plus includes advertising/sponsorship - the site is:

http://funbeaches.com/forum/

In case anyone is wondering, there are no registered board members from the immediate Tyrone area, but 2 young ladies from Houtzdale regularly participate on that board and it's predecessor forum to update, plan, and post trip reports/feedback regarding their yearly vacations to Myrtle Beach.