Another Loss for Class of '75

Keep in touch with some of you buddies after you have left the hallowed halls...
Robbuck
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Another Loss for Class of '75

Post by Robbuck »

Not sure how many of you may have heard but John Chamberlain died today.. Here's the obit on tyronepa.com:

John C. Chamberlain

March 15, 2006

John C. Chamberlain Jr., 48, of 6 Chester Road, Tyrone died Tuesday, March 14, 2006 at Tyrone Hospital.
He was born September 2, 1957 in Philipsburg, a son of the late John C. Sr. and Nannie (Miles) Chamberlain. On April 24, 1982 in Tyrone he married Sally Roseberry.
Surviving are his wife, a daughter, Kathryn A. at home, a son Benjamin D. at home and a sister, Nancy Chamberlain of Williamsport.
He was a member of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, Bellwood and the Knights of Columbus, St. Gregory Council.
He was a U.S. Navy veteran serving as a store keeper second class from 1980 to 1986. He was a 1975 graduate of Tyrone Area High School.
Johnny was a loving husband, dad and brother.
Funeral Mass will be held Saturday, March 18, 2006 at 11 a.m. at St. Joseph’s Church with Fr. David H. Roesch, Celebrant. Interment will follow at Oak Grove Cemetery. Friends will be received at the Feller Memorial Home on Friday from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m.

That's two in the past couple weeks and three I think this year... my sympathies to the family.
sissy31696

Post by sissy31696 »

Yes, this was a shocker to read, does anyone know what happened to him?

God Bless the family.
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

This is second hand info so it could be wrong, but I was told it was a massive heart attack... much too young ...
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

Bob,

Who were the other two people to whom you referred who have passed away..guess I missed that somewhere along the way.
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Jay ..
two weeks ago George Sunday died and of course Mark Westly last year...I checked after I wrote that first statement... Mark was Last year... I was thinking that he had died more recently than that. But still 2 in three weeks from the same year is rather uncanny..
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

Sorry to hear about George...I did know about Mark that was a sad loss for Tyrone. What was the situation with George?

Thanks for the update.
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Jay Here's Georges obit.. It doesn't tell you a lot and I haven't heard anything as to what actually happened to him.

George H. Sunday Jr.

February 27, 2006

George H. Sunday Jr., 48, of RD3, Hollidaysburg formerly of Pennington Road, RD4, Tyrone died Saturday, February 25, 2006 at Altoona Regional Health System-Altoona Hospital Campus.
He was born May 12, 1957 in Tyrone, a son of George H. Sr. and Ruth (Cowfer) Sunday. On November 12, 1985 in Winchester, Virginia he married Crystal Crotsley.
Surviving are his wife, a daughter, Heather Sorichetti of Hollidaysburg, his parents of Bellwood, two sisters, Shelly Morrissey and husband Harry of Tyrone, Tracy Hamer of Huntingdon and a brother, Joseph and wife Karen of Tucson, Arizona.
Mr. Sunday owned and operated Sunday’s VCR and Small Appliance Repair, Hollidaysburg and was also employed at the Auto Zone and in security at the Ramada Inn, Altoona.
He was a U.S. Air Force veteran serving as a sergeant and was a 1975 graduate of Tyrone Area High School.
George was an avid hunter and sportsman and enjoyed motorcycles. He will be sadly missed by family and friends.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, March 2, 2006 at 11 a.m. at Feller Memorial Home with Rev. Herb Rice officiating. Interment will follow at Gatesburg Lutheran Cemetery. Friends will be received at the funeral home on Wednesday from 7 to 9 p.m. and on Thursday from 10 a.m. until the time of services.

I hadn't seen him in years but knew the family.. If you need any more info the other side of the website had searchable news and obits...
PUP

Post by PUP »

John Chamberlain and George Sunday Jr.,both 48 ,to young to pass away.We were shocked when Doug Bell passed away too.