BTW

Got a question you would like answered? Post here for possible answers to all your Tyrone questions.
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

BTW

Post by My2Cents »

Hope you guys are still watching "Dot Penn." She is still around and sooooo funny !! A new post almost every day. Whoever is doing that certainly is talented !! :lol:
banksy
MVP Member

Re: BTW

Post by banksy »

I usually find the humor in sites like that, but not so much there. It's not as smart;y written as say "The Onion."
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Is "The Onion" still around ?? thought this was the same thing, by the same person, only renamed.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

You know, I understand "Global Warming" is upon us and we, along with everyone else in this world, must soon find a solution for clean, inexpensive, reliable energy. I know the polar ice caps are melting at a rate that is unimaginable, but, come on now.... Sea Gulls on Plank Road and Pleasant Valley Boulevard ??!! Isn't that a bit much?? Are they trying to tell us something ?? Maybe they are getting a jump on things because they think we are about to become ocean front property around here. Just kiddin'.... Just kiddin'....
Seriously, I've seen them around there before and blamed it on a storm or two, but, we haven't had a biggy blow through here in quite a while. They must like it here, I hope they stay and someone doesn't try to do them in !!! Please, let 'em alone.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

:shock: an "earthquake" in Illinois this morning !! Whoa, what's going on ??
Leep

Post by Leep »

We've had more snow this spring and colder temps than I have seen in 20 years here.
Old timer my daughter knows says it is the worst spring he's seen in over 60 years...... :(

One good thing though, we have more snowpack than anyone can remember in recent memory.. Hopefully this will last a little and keep us out of another devastating fire year..
The Big Hole river is set to get the scouring it has needed for a very long time// if you don't get a good spring near flooding the river bed doesn't get a chance to rid itself of silt that has settled on the bottom and filing in needed holes for fish to escape the summer heat. We also need that so the fish can lay their eggs in a clean running bottom so the eggs won't suffocate and heat up... And, if we have a clean bottom, the fish can seek shelter there from a lot of predators that like to hunt in the shallower waters.
The smaller fish usually get it first as the bigger fish chase the smaller ones out of the best holes..
It took one man years of research and giving speeches, writing articles before the Fish and Game decided he was right and stopped stocking the Madison river many years ago. he went under the water with a camera and chronicled what happened to native fish when then stocked the river. the dumb , tame stocked trout would chase the native fish out of the choice holes and they would then end up in shallower water where they were prey to Great Blue herons, Eagles, Otters and Fishers.

Until he presented video evidence , no one would believe that stocked fish were affecting the native fish at all. he proved that wild trout were so "Wild" that they would spook out and run away from the pushy stock trout. Since they stopped the stocking program there the native population has rebounded and the Madison is again one of the best blue ribbon rivers around..
Leep: